Homebrew [Release] Bread Box (C64 Emulator)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I think I just figured out what the problem is... The only thing I can think of that would affect the cia and not the 3dsx is... (back in a sec)...

Needs a DSP dump, see first post.

And on the PAL vs NTSC debate, I'm emulating a PAL C64, if you don't like it, don't use it.

Last edited by spinal_cord,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had the dspfirm.cdc file already in the folder / 3ds. The program (CIA version) starts, but crashes when opening any disk image and selecting a file to load. I copied the dumped file also to the SD root and /c64. What am I doing wrong ?

Last edited by Muxi,

Badda

me too
Trophies
XP
Country
Tokelau
CIA works great for me (O3DS XL on 10.7 EmuNAND) :yaynds:
Most games work flawlessly, only in my former favorite game Paradroid sprite collisions are not happening most of the times and the sound has a strange noise ...
But apart from that ... great work :bow::bow:
If you are planning on working on the software some more, I would have some feature requests though

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is it possible that the problem with the cia-version has to do with a9lh and/or with the 3DS-hardware ?
My system is N3DS XL with CFW Luma3Ds and Sysnand 10.7, no emunand.
On O3DS it seems to work.

kenseiden

i am overflow
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That does sound like that the CIA crashes might be related to an N3DS issue if CIA builds seem to work fine on O3DS; I'm on N3DS 11.0 Luma3DS Emunand, no A9LH.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I´m confused. On my second N3DS with the same system configuration it works. The only difference between the two systems is the SD-Card. One has a size of 64GB, the other 128gb. both are from the manufacturer SanDisk. On the N3DS with 128gb it works. I look after times whether the two prefs.inis are identical...

Ok.. now it works. I don`t know why, but the problem was the prefs.ini.

Last edited by Muxi,

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've experimented a little with the prefs.ini. if the path assignments as indicated are as they should be (c64/games) crashes the program at the moment from when a file to be loaded from a disk-image. I change the path to c63/games, then it works, although the path assignment does not exist. In addition, I must always start from the root in the selection of image-files.
What could that be ?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Starting from the root is normal, I haven't added the option to save the current location. Although within the emulator session, it should start from the last folder.
As for the c63/games thing, I have no idea how that is even in there. There was a typo early in development but currently no reference to c63 anywhere in the source at all.

Give this version a try, can't remember what I changed in it, but it might be better.

Attachments

• BreadBox_Cia_only.zip
    652.8 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: SLiV3R

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Starting from the root is normal, I haven't added the option to save the current location. Although within the emulator session, it should start from the last folder.
As for the c63/games thing, I have no idea how that is even in there. There was a typo early in development but currently no reference to c63 anywhere in the source at all.

Give this version a try, can't remember what I changed in it, but it might be better.

is the version from 06.01.2016? The problem is still there. I need to rename the path to /c63/games in the prefs.ini, then it works.

NormalCycles = 63
BadLineCycles = 23
CIACycles = 63
FloppyCycles = 64
SkipFrames = 1
LatencyMin = 80
LatencyMax = 120
LatencyAvg = 280
ScalingNumerator = 2
ScalingDenominator = 2
DrivePath8 = Barbarian V1.1.D64
DrivePath9 = /c63/games/
DrivePath10 = /c63/games/
DrivePath11 = /c63/games/
ViewPort = Default
DisplayMode = Default
SIDType = DIGITAL
REUSize = NONE
DisplayType = WINDOW
Joystick1Port = 1
Joystick2Port = 1
SpritesOn = TRUE
SpriteCollisions = TRUE
JoystickSwap = TRUE
LimitSpeed = TRUE
FastReset = TRUE
CIAIRQHack = FALSE
MapSlash = FALSE
Emul1541Proc = FALSE
SIDFilters = FALSE
DoubleScan = FALSE
HideCursor = FALSE
DirectSound = FALSE
ExclusiveSound = FALSE
AutoPause = FALSE
PrefsAtStartup = FALSE
SystemMemory = FALSE
AlwaysCopy = FALSE
SystemKeys = TRUE
ShowLEDs = TRUE
SleepTimeOut = 0
ButtonX = 0
ButtonY = 0
ButtonB = 0
Zoom = 0

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
In that case, for now, leave
Code:
DrivePath9 = /c63/games/
DrivePath10 = /c63/games/
DrivePath11 = /c63/games/
like that. I can't think how it would be doing anything at all though. There are no checks for /c63/ at all anywhere in the source.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
*update

I have added the latest source to the first post. If anyone wants to take a look and find out why the cia crashes unless drives 9,10 and 11 are set to /c63/games/ (even though I can't find any reference to that folder anywhere in the source, please be my guest).

Discovered the cause, turns out the /c63/games/ was just a red herring. It turns out that currently you cant give it a valid folder name because it will try to mount that folder as a .d64 image. To avoid crashing, just make sure that drives 9,10 and 11 have invalid paths for now.

Last edited by spinal_cord,
Reactions: MartinDocNewland

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
Trophies
XP
Country
@spinal_cord

Can I ask two things of you please?

(1) How is your work on this great emulator going?

(2) Could you update your github account with your latest release so it could be added to the homebrew channel for easy updating?

Reactions: Badda

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
if any of you guys fancy a challenge. I would love to see a CPC464 Emulator...........out about the same time as c64......but had some great games too......thx guys....

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if any of you guys fancy a challenge. I would love to see a CPC464 Emulator...........out about the same time as c64......but had some great games too......thx guys....
There's this - it has a gbatemp thread somewhere too iirc. It's a cpc emulator but only supports one game currently, you could ask the author to expand on it, or see if you could hack in a different game.

Clément

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I use "BreadBox.3dsx" and the specified folder is / c63 / games / I tried to put a game in the specified file but it does not work, I have 3 questions:

Where to find games? On which site ?
Where do I put the games?
What type of file must be the games?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
OP
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Hello,

I use "BreadBox.3dsx" and the specified folder is / c63 / games / I tried to put a game in the specified file but it does not work, I have 3 questions:

Where to find games? On which site ?
Where do I put the games?
What type of file must be the games?

Put the games anywhere, they must be .prg,.d64 or .t64 and you can get them from "the internet "

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-