Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Sadly no. The right eye framebuffer can be accessed, but I can't enable 3D, and in the case I could the speed would be really slow (literally, double the size -> half the speed).

Unfortunately, don't expect this feature even in a far future.

lol perhaps you need a future proof 3ds developer. How about Aurora Wright?

Edit: joking aside its as good as it will get

Shajk00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please, is there anyone who can tell me where i do have to put anim files ? since this file has not an extension i can't put it on the root of my sd card because i already have the folder 'anim' in there

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Please, is there anyone who can tell me where i do have to put anim files ? since this file has not an extension i can't put it on the root of my sd card because i already have the folder 'anim' in there
You have to create folders ranging from '0' to '9' depending on how many animations you wanna have and just place the files there

Shajk00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You have to create folders ranging from '0' to '9' depending on how many animations you wanna have and just place the files there
thanks so much, my bad, i didn't pay much attenction at the full thread and got stuck in the ' how do i install it' part xD

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do sprite based animations look blurry/low quality when ported?

I'm gonna make a few 400x240 frames for an animation, and if someone here could make it into an animation I could use, that'd be awesome!

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Do sprite based animations look blurry/low quality when ported?

I'm gonna make a few 400x240 frames for an animation, and if someone here could make it into an animation I could use, that'd be awesome!
Depends on the source and ffmpeg's conversion. My program doesn't really care since it doesn't handle compression at all, you could have an animation where each pixel cycles colors and it'd run at the same rate as any other animation.

ffmpeg, on the other hand, does care about this. I still want to figure out how I can disable some filters to make it loop sharp, but I'd need to go skinny-dipping on ffmpeg's source, and trust me...

You don't wanna see ffmpeg's source code.

TL;DR I don't know, try setting them to 30 and good luck

Last edited by Wolfvak,

Nisky808

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone has had this problem but when i use this i can't play DSI Ware or GBA ambassador games (I can open and play the games fine when i don't use this) is there anyway to fix this?

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'll bet money he's using aureinand and didn't read the wiki
Me too, but I don't want to jump to early conclusions, I might even confuse him further if he uses ReiNAND or Cakes (doubt so, but meh)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You sir would be correct.
Alright, use the path modifier included with AuReiNAND to modify the path to '/anim/arm9payload.bin' and it should be fine.

Reactions: pbanj

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I got an animation working, and it's going too fast. I set the frame rate to 5 in the bootanim, and a config file isn't generated. I take the 5 config file, rename it config, and put it in with the anim and it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lawwww I am the lawwww!!!