You can now have the GBA startup animation on your Steam Deck with new custom boot video feature

dsajdasjdas.png

Customizing the Steam Deck is a big part of the process for owners of the handheld PC, where users can spend hours upon hours tweaking every detail to their liking, whether it's using emulators, installing mods, or even upgrading the internal SSD. One aspect that Steam Deck users can now customize more easily is the device's boot screen animation. Valve noticed that people were going out of their way to create startup videos that replaced the typical Steam Deck logo animation, so they released a new beta update that simplifies the process.

Prior to this new client beta, custom boot animations would be wiped whenever the Steam Deck updated, but that's no longer the case. Now users can drop videos into a specific folder that the Steam Deck will try to automatically load on boot. The Steam Deck community welcomed the feature with open arms, and custom startup animations began to quickly crop up across various sites. One such place is SteamDeckRepo, which has tons of boot themes, ranging from ones that use Valve's old logo, the start screens from retro consoles like the Game Boy Advance, GameCube, or PlayStation 1, or quirkier ones that are based on anime or TV show clips. You can preview the animations over on the site, so if you're interested in making your Steam Deck look like it's booting Windows XP, or rocking a 9-second clip of the Futurama intro, you can see them all here.

• Steam Deck will now look for a custom boot video and/or a suspend animation in
    steamui/overrides/movies/
    . Please note that you'll need to create this folder first.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
FYI: Valve is getting bright ideas and is now charging boot animations on the steam store for points....lets make sure they don't block sideloading
They just made it a whole lot easier to sideload a few days back. No doubt there will be Valve-themed boot videos exclusive to the points shop, but they aren't about to spoil our fun with user-created ones.

Reactions: stanleyopar2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: ... [looks up vagina] 🤓 🔎 📖 ] :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: 🤢