Deleted Steam Deck promo video offers a fun shoutout for emulation fans

fdsfsd.png

One of Valve's developers accidentally teased a certain application running on the Steam Deck, before covertly covering it up, in a now-deleted promotional video for the Steam Deck. In the original trailer that celebrated Valve no longer requiring a reservation for purchasing the Steam Deck, if you paid close attention, you could see something that might look familiar, if you've ever emulated Nintendo Switch games. Yuzu Emulator was featured in the library of a Valve dev, showing that even they're using the Steam Deck as an emulation powerhouse. The video lasted a few hours before someone pointed it out, after which it was immediately deleted, and reuploaded with a new version that featured Portal 2's boxart where the custom Yuzu Emulator boxart had been previously.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody cares.
That's not true, I care!
Post automatically merged:

The Steam Deck reminds me the Sega design philosophy during the 90s:

Is in black, looks and feels weird

and kinda mocks the competition like this ad
Gabe Gear.
Post automatically merged:

More like Nintendo doesn't care about the legality of emulation.
Thanks to Sony, emulation is solidified as legal. Also, pretty much every major company uses emulation, even Nintendo them selves.

Noblige

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why should we care about Nintendo's view exactly? If Nintendo's view doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form, you should just forget about it.
"Nobody cares" and "why should we care" become 2 different discussions. Nintendo does care about emulators being developed, I didn't say anything about myself caring.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum