Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
I've made an animaged GIF I want to use and am now trying to convert it. The GIF ran very smoothly but the converted animation is slow on BootAnim9. I've tried creating a file in /anim called config and putting a faster framerate but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Edit - ahh, I had to change the framerate in the ffmpeg command when converting the gif.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Obviously:

rare.gif

Convert at 15fps for roughly the correct speed :)

Last edited by mashers,

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Where is this config file? Can't find it anywhere.
If you don't have one, create it. It's supposed to be at sdmc:/anim/config and the only content it should have is the framerate in hexadecimal (so please don't just input '10' into notepad)
I'll change this format to a plaintext one with INI, very very SOON

s0r00t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Would there be a way to use a non-animated image on bottom screen & an animated one on top?
I'm trying to put the spinning N from N64 on top & the o3DS logo on bottom.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Would there be a way to use a non-animated image on bottom screen & an animated one on top?
I'm trying to put the spinning N from N64 on top & the o3DS logo on bottom.
Just make a static GIF that lasts a second or so

Ninj'd.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, try renaming your jpeg or whatever to a gif, and convert it. ffmpeg should detect it's a jpeg and convert it correctly. The resulting file size should be (320*240*3) bytes

Last edited by Wolfvak,

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Even newer scripts
I changed the way it'll scale in ffmpeg after figuring out rescaling and rencoding to a different format(It now takes the extension of the file and the rescale encodes to that instead of always to a gif file) can cause tearing after it rencodes again into the raw rgb dump and played back. Animations may or may not look a little bit better now. Also, I was informed we don't have a file size limit anymore, go crazy.
9c34decfa0.gif
Also have a fun animation: (7mb 15fps) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByRf7Ign14-3YWFqMC1BRm8tc3c/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

• makeanim.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 654
Last edited by Docmudkipz,

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Current builds of most CFWs have screen de-init now, so 3D bug is pretty much a thing of the past.

Also, does this allow 3D top screen animations or are they limited to 2D?

Also a bit of a tall order but a boot sound effect is pretty much the last thing to do before it's perfect. You would need to figure out sound init though. Good luck with that. :P

If this makes it's way into Aureinand, I may try and do a classic Nintendo DS boot animation. :D

I remember making one for MoonShell 1.71 back in the day. :P
From what I know no screen init version enables 3D, screen init is also using the same address for both the left and the rigth framebuffer address.
I also started to implement support for potential later 3D screen init to bootctr9, but I don't know if somebody is working on it.
I will also add this to Bootctr9, sometime after it got polished, and I released version 1.0 of bootctr9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone