Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you remember to put the arm9loaderhax.bin from bootanim9 into the root of the sd?

Yes. And I renamed my arm9loaderhax.bin from before to arm9loaderpayload.bin as it says to do.
Is it supposed to play an animation at boot and then boot the home menu? I was able to get it to load an animation by putting the bootanim9 arm9loaderhax as a chainloader on boot but it just played the animation on repeat...

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ Sonic Angel Knight will this work with other payload such as from boot without sd, i cant seem to make it work, but with a9lh v2 only payloads it works
If you read the previous post @Crystal the Glaceon Has confirmed problems with making it work as well. (Literally look up on this page) She said she cannot find out why it won't work with shadownand. If is a problem, then perhaps is incompatible, either wait for a fix, tell someone about it or don't use it. No offense of course. :)

So far i only used it with Luma and corbenik/Skeith But i did not use it with Shadownand, as i have not really invested time into it. Of course if something like that was probably a problem, i would think it nees patching. I dunno much about it besides it boots CFW without SD card relying on the a9lh bin but bootanim9 itself is a a9lh file and may have conflict with the shadownand. Also not to mention that unless someone tested it with every CFW available, then how would we know? Only one way to find out, trial and error. TRY IT AND SHARE THE RESULT. :P

Sometimes it just need to be patched.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes. And I renamed my arm9loaderhax.bin from before to arm9loaderpayload.bin as it says to do.
Is it supposed to play an animation at boot and then boot the home menu? I was able to get it to load an animation by putting the bootanim9 arm9loaderhax as a chainloader on boot but it just played the animation on repeat...
"arm9payload.bin" Not "arm9loaderpayload.bin"

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: vhaines

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@ Sonic Angel Knight will this work with other payload such as from boot without sd, i cant seem to make it work, but with a9lh v2 only payloads it works
With shadowNAND you need to either launch it from a bootloader like bootCTR9 for it to autoboot with with screeninit or when booting with shadownand you need to hold DPAD_LEFT to boot with screeninit.
With the unnamed LumaNAND (I am calling it that for now) you need to name the launcher to arm9loaderha_six.bin" for screeninit

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With shadowNAND you need to either launch it from a bootloader like bootCTR9 for it to autoboot with with screeninit or when booting with shadownand you need to hold DPAD_LEFT to boot with screeninit.
With the unnamed LumaNAND (I am calling it that for now) you need to name the launcher to arm9loaderha_six.bin" for screeninit
Excuse me, but what exactly is the bootctr9? I noticed that i was checking my SD card from when i had set up the a9lh a few months ago, and at the guide it has instructed me to use cakesCFW (I assume is been changed and updated since then) and noticed something about a boot loader on the sd card. At the time i was using cakes, it had displayed some short text before loading system menu. Apprently the setup for more updated and common CFW a9lh is more different than it was few months ago, and wondered if it would be useful for anything? Only if i go back to using cake (Which could happen if updates are coming)

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Excuse me, but what exactly is the bootctr9? I noticed that i was checking my SD card from when i had set up the a9lh a few months ago, and at the guide it has instructed me to use cakesCFW (I assume is been changed and updated since then) and noticed something about a boot loader on the sd card. At the time i was using cakes, it had displayed some short text before loading system menu. Apprently the setup for more updated and common CFW a9lh is more different than it was few months ago, and wondered if it would be useful for anything? Only if i go back to using cake (Which could happen if updates are coming)
bootCTR9 is bootCTR9
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-bootctr9-release-thread.435347/

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
Does this work with shadownand autoboot with animations on startup or do i need to press any button just to see the animations everytime i power on my 3ds

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Does this work with shadownand autoboot with animations on startup or do i need to press any button just to see the animations everytime i power on my 3ds
With ShadowNAND you do need to hold left on the D pad since this runs in screeninit and ShadowNAND by default starts in non-screeninit.
A work around is to use bootCTR9.

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
With ShadowNAND you do need to hold left on the D pad since this runs in screeninit and ShadowNAND by default starts in non-screeninit.
A work around is to use bootCTR9.
Is there another way to boot the animations without holding left D pad? Are you using shadowNand payload on your 3ds or just the stock payloads

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there another way to boot the animations without holding left D pad? Are you using shadowNand payload on your 3ds or just the stock payloads
I actually spent 6 hours try to find a work around and finally found one, using bootCTR9. bootCTR9 now supports boot up animations and uses the same animations as BootAnim9. You just need to set it up and configure it to do so.

Reactions: vhaines

vhaines

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually spent 6 hours try to find a work around and finally found one, using bootCTR9. bootCTR9 now supports boot up animations and uses the same animations as BootAnim9. You just need to set it up and configure it to do so.
Can you make a tutorial on how did you make that to work, that is what i wanted(lol), i can boot withou sd and then bootanim9 still works, :sweet"

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can you make a tutorial on how did you make that to work, that is what i wanted(lol), i can boot withou sd and then bootanim9 still works, :sweet"
I'll end you a PM because reasons.
I will set one up later, but right now, I am not up for it.

Nightwind84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sorry for the stupid question ... but if I rename arm9loaderhax.bin of luma3ds in arm9payload.bin and move it in the /anim/arm9payload.bin, then the luma3ds updater working well without messing with the bootanim9 files?

Last edited by Nightwind84,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'll have to tell the Luma3DS updater that you put the file there.
You just have to put the path in a config file. Look on the github it's explained.

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the safea9lh installer and use a screeninit version? :unsure:

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Updating-arm9loaderhax

I did try that a few days ago but it told me the payloads were too big or small (I can't remember) I followed the instructions exactly-- Ok I just looked at it again I didn't put the payloads in the A9LH folder they were on the root xD Thank you for pointing me back to this, I made a mistake.

It worked now! Thank you for your help!! :D

Small Kat

PC addict
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put my original arm9loadehax.bin to anim folder, have my folders in 0,1,2,3 and renamed it to arm9payload.bin and i put the arm9loaderhax.bin to root, and it just boots into blackscreen and dosent load menu or animations.

PowerMiner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put my original arm9loadehax.bin to anim folder, have my folders in 0,1,2,3 and renamed it to arm9payload.bin and i put the arm9loaderhax.bin to root, and it just boots into blackscreen and dosent load menu or animations.

Bootanim9 only works with screeninit payloads, do you have non-screeninit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol