• Start date
  • Views 40,559
  • Replies 183
  • Likes 39

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Just tried it a while ago, OoT3DHax still work after using basicsploit as entrypoint. Tried it several times, no freezing whatsoever. I think sometimes OoT3DHax do gives random freezes just like menuhax for non-A9LHed consoles, maybe you should retry for (like) about 5-10 consecutive times, if it really doesn't work then we can confirm that you have a (minor?) problem. Also why don't you try to delete the save from your OoT3D cart then re-inject the payload. Hope you fix your prob.

The installer do work. On a thread I browsed a few days ago, the OP required us to download the "latest" starter pack but as I was checking it out, nothing was changed, not even file sizes. But I still went through on replacing my old starter with the "new" one I just downloaded. Then I injected the payload using the installer and I was able to enter the homebrew launcher.

@himuradrew but if you want I can PM you the save files I compiled which contains the payload. You can just inject it using JKSM.
I tried in excess of 20 consecutive times without success. Can you replicate your result? It's an ASLR problem, it can work, just rarely enough that I would never advise relying on it.

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know how to restore data from Pokemon R/B/Y that is corrupted by an earlier save?
Install JKSV, export and then reimport, and it should clear the secure value to make it work again. If that doesn't work, then your saves are either legitimately corrupted, or belonged to a different console, in which case you should have exported it using JKSV from that console instead.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Interesting, I was able to get this working on a Japanese N3DS with a US cia. :)

no that doesn't mean much but its cool

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I tried in excess of 20 consecutive times without success. Can you replicate your result? It's an ASLR problem, it can work, just rarely enough that I would never advise relying on it.
Yup. Still works. Tried it 4 consecutive times.

Here's the breakdown of what I did:

1. Ran OoT3DHax first - Success

Reboot

2. Ran basicsploit - success

Returned back to Home Menu and ran OoT3DHax - Success

Reboot

3. Ran basicsploit - success, returned to home, ran oot3dhax - success, returned to home, basicsploit - success, home, oot3dhax - success

I'm quite amazed I didn't experienced even a single freeze.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you happen to have a link to the installer you used? And, wait, you have CFW on the system that you were running it on, right? That would make the installer work even if it wouldn't normally without CFW.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Do you happen to have a link to the installer you used? And, wait, you have CFW on the system that you were running it on, right? That would make the installer work even if it wouldn't normally without CFW.

OMG, i lost it there. I forgot I'm testing this on a CFWed system. I'm getting consecutive successes maybe because of cfw's fix on ASLR. Sorry for that.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: configchan

zeromission80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this worked great once i figured out my code entry errors....lol also can anybody point me to homebrew that will work with this without custom firmware as ive got the new 3ds xl monster hunter limited edition and no hard mode....yet lol i might give it a shot when the new comes to me at the end of the week that way i dont f up and have no 3ds at all

JoelRL11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have set up everything. I have the latest boot file, and the basicsploit launcher works until I launch the homebrew and it just crashes and takes me to the home menu and says "An error has occurred. Please save your data in any software currently in use, and then restart the system." Why is this happening? Is there anything I can do to fix it? I have smile basic version 3.2.1 and my 3ds firmware version is 11.0.0-33U.

Thanks in advance

Edit: Never mind, I found the problem. I didnt set my country to USA but to EUR. Whoops.

Last edited by JoelRL11,

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
It was also pulled from Japanese eShop today, a notification in messages section of eShop was send about it, it should still be in CDN but it isn"t of much help since with this it isn"t possible to buy the game as well as isn"t possible to download even if you have it before when comes to games with exploits in eShop.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was also pulled from Japanese eShop today, a notification in messages section of eShop was send about it, it should still be in CDN but it isn"t of much help since with this it isn"t possible to buy the game as well as isn"t possible to download even if you have it before when comes to games with exploits in eShop.
What's the message?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can use the freeshop to install this on an exploited system then use a system transfer to get the game on an unexploited device. Or am I wrong?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you can use the freeshop to install this on an exploited system then use a system transfer to get the game on an unexploited device. Or am I wrong?
System Transfer only transfers licenses, and it's based on the NNID. It won't transfer CIAs that were installed without a valid signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4