Hacking [Release] 3DSafe: In-NAND PIN lock for 3DS

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Dropping by again, so since Luma 6.5 is out now and supports booting arm9loaderhax.bin from CTR NAND, will that affect 3DSafe's Mini-CFW?

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Dropping by again, so since Luma 6.5 is out now and supports booting arm9loaderhax.bin from CTR NAND, will that affect 3DSafe's Mini-CFW?
Why not just use Luma instead? It works just fine as long as you have a path.txt on the SD card and on the NAND.
P.S. To use Luma from NAND, copy all wanted files from the SD to SYSNAND CTRNAND/rw/luma
Everything must also be on the SD card. The reason why is because when the SD card is inserted, the 3ds will read the CFW files from the SD (not the NAND) no matter what. It will read from the NAND only when there is no SD card present. The only exception for this is arm9loaderhax.bin itself.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why not just use Luma instead? It works just fine as long as you have a path.txt on the SD card and on the NAND.
P.S. To use Luma from NAND, copy all wanted files from the SD to SYSNAND CTRNAND/rw/luma
Everything must also be on the SD card. The reason why is because when the SD card is inserted, the 3ds will read the CFW files from the SD (not the NAND) no matter what. It will read from the NAND only when there is no SD card present. The only exception for this is arm9loaderhax.bin itself.

I already know all of that lol. Anyways, I'm using 3DSafe over Luma because of the simple fact that you can't get rid of the passcode by deleting a file on the SD Card. 3DSafe is 100x way more secure than Luma passcode.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country

I don't think there's any reason to maintain that emergency payload any more. It's just a version of Luma with a few modifications to make it play nicely with CTRNAND so now that the real deal can boot from CTRNAND it's redundant.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already know all of that lol. Anyways, I'm using 3DSafe over Luma because of the simple fact that you can't get rid of the passcode by deleting a file on the SD Card. 3DSafe is 100x way more secure than Luma passcode.
I understand, I use 3dsafe too. What I'm saying is you can use 3dsafe to boot Luma from the NAND just like with the newer version of arm9loaderhax

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys for the question, (been away for some time...)

I just updated to latest luma and luma-arm9; can I update to this and still load all from nand without having to put payloads on my sdcard?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can you elaborate please? How to do this.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry guys for the question, (been away for some time...)

I just updated to latest luma and luma-arm9; can I update to this and still load all from nand without having to put payloads on my sdcard?

Yes.
AuroraWright's arm9loaderhax CTRNAND boot loads from the file 1:/arm9loaderhax.bin
3DSafe CTRNAND boot loads from the file 1:/3dsafe/emergency.bin

You'll need to create a text file called path.txt containing only the following.
Code:
/3dsafe/emergency.bin
Move this to the CTRNAND path 1:/rw/luma/path.txt using either FBI or GodMode9.
Then you need to put your Luma payload at 1:/3dsafe/emergency.bin. You can do this manually with FBI or GodMode9 or you can use the built in 3dsafe functionality by placing it on the SD card at 0:/3dsafe/emergency.bin and then pressing R at the 3DSafe menu.

Last edited by metroid maniac,
Reactions: democracy

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
AuroraWright's arm9loaderhax CTRNAND boot loads from the file 1:/arm9loaderhax.bin
3DSafe CTRNAND boot loads from the file 1:/3dsafe/emergency.bin

You'll need to create a text file called path.txt containing only the following.
Code:
/3dsafe/emergency.bin
Move this to the CTRNAND path 1:/rw/luma/path.txt using either FBI or GodMode9.
Then you need to put your Luma payload at 1:/3dsafe/emergency.bin. You can do this manually with FBI or GodMode9 or you can use the built in 3dsafe functionality by placing it on the SD card at 0:/3dsafe/emergency.bin and then pressing R at the 3DSafe menu.

Thanks, and does this arm9 get auto updated as luma arm9 does?

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No arm9loaderhax fork includes autoupdate functionality. I think you're confusing a9lh with Luma CFW.

Thank you, to expand on my last post, it seems the branch of a9lh is based upon shadow nand and not aurora fork? Should I first install shadow nand before installing this?

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, to expand on my last post, it seems the branch of a9lh is based upon shadow nand and not aurora fork? Should I first install shadow nand before installing this?

There is no need, just go straight to 3DSafe. If you don't like it, you can go straight back to AuroraWright's a9lh.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no need, just go straight to 3DSafe. If you don't like it, you can go straight back to AuroraWright's a9lh.

Thanks for the tips m8, working very well here:)

I saw the post from the poor chap who had his 3ds stolen:( Then I found this and thought, what a great way to burn someone if they ever try to do the same thing to me:P

Thanks mashers for this great app!

Last edited by democracy,

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the tips m8, working very well here:)

I saw the post from the poor chap who had his 3ds stolen:( Then I found this and thought, what a great way to burn someone if they ever try to do the same thing to me:P

Thanks mashers for this great app!

Remember to keep your otp.bin in a safe place in case you forget your pin. If you don't have it, then dump the sha.bin with L.

Reactions: democracy

Ichigo1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember to keep your otp.bin in a safe place in case you forget your pin. If you don't have it, then dump the sha.bin with L.
I currently have 0.12 3DSafe installed. What version of luma is used for the sdless boot by default? To update luma in 3DSafe, do you just get the latest payload of luma, rename it to emergency.bin, and replace the current file existing in the 3dsafe folder?

Also, is there a difference between the current sdless boot method in 3DSafe and AuroraWrights CTRNAND support?

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have 0.12 3DSafe installed. What version of luma is used for the sdless boot by default? To update luma in 3DSafe, do you just get the latest payload of luma, rename it to emergency.bin, and replace the current file existing in the 3dsafe folder?

Also, is there a difference between the current sdless boot method in 3DSafe and AuroraWrights CTRNAND support?
You can use any version of Luma that can boot from CTRNAND (6.6 is the latest.) You can either add Luma to CTRNAND using GodMode9 or 3dsafe, but you will need a path.txt in SYSNAND CTRNAND:/rw/luma/path.txt, and it will need to have the file path of emergency.bin. As for loading the payload from the NAND, the only (noticeable) difference is where the payload is stored...

Ichigo1000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use any version of Luma that can boot from CTRNAND (6.6 is the latest.) You can either add Luma to CTRNAND using GodMode9 or 3dsafe, but you will need a path.txt in SYSNAND CTRNAND:/rw/luma/path.txt, and it will need to have the file path of emergency.bin. As for loading the payload from the NAND, the only (noticeable) difference is where the payload is stored...
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Would just renaming luma's arm9loaderhax.bin and changing it to emergency.bin replacing the existing one in the 3dsafe folder, then use 3dsafe to update the emergency boot and lost.bin together not work?

Last edited by Ichigo1000,

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. Would just renaming luma's arm9loaderhax.bin and changing it to emergency.bin replacing the existing one, then use 3dsafe to update the emergency boot and lost.bin together not work?
U need the path.txt in the correct location with the correct path in it like he said, or luma wouldnt be able to boot dsiware and gba vc.

EDIT: ...or DS games.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P