ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OKay cool. I've been doing research mainly on bcsars and the sound formats inside of them, and also bcstm. I've also been working on the Wii U equivalents, though that's an entirely different discussion. I can mostly convert the 3DS sequence format (CSEQ) to midi, though I'm still working out bugs with it. I'm working on full documentation for anything sound related, so I'll add a link to my signature once I finally finish that.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Some are fully sequenced, some partially. Project X Zone, Mario Party: Island Tour, OoT 3D (with only one stream), Mii Plaza, Animal Crossing for all the K.K., Kapp'n, aircheck music, and more.

Man, I thought we've moved past proprietary formats like that. The small file size advantage is no excuse for using them in this day and age.

It just makes modding harder when I can't import single-streamed audio. :(

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It makes sense for the Yoshi's New Island map theme since they can easily disable or enable tracks when change worlds. The same thing happens with the main menu in Mario Party IT.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
It makes sense for the Yoshi's New Island map theme since they can easily disable or enable tracks when change worlds. The same thing happens with the main menu in Mario Party IT.

Yeah, but multiple audio streams can easily be done with brstm's, and triggered at different times. I guess they have their reasons in some way or another, though.

soneek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but multiple audio streams can easily be done with brstm's, and triggered at different times. I guess they have their reasons in some way or another, though.

There's more flexibility with sequences in terms of variation, since they can have 16 channels that can muted/unmuted whenever needed. Actually, NSMBU uses "sequences," though it's really just a 10 track sequence, where each track loads a 2 channel bfwav. It's for the map theme, which has 10 variations, so it would be a 20 channel song if they used the regular b(r/c/f)stm format.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
There's more flexibility with sequences in terms of variation, since they can have 16 channels that can muted/unmuted whenever needed. Actually, NSMBU uses "sequences," though it's really just a 10 track sequence, where each track loads a 2 channel bfwav. It's for the map theme, which has 10 variations, so it would be a 20 channel song if they used the regular b(r/c/f)stm format.

Good example. :ha:

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to decrypt BD: For the Sequel. Running 3DS Decryptor, it freezes at "Opened! Reading info..."

Am I doing something wrong? Does the ROM need to be on the SD card to make the pad? If it does, what do I do if the rom is 4gb? Would NTFS work?

einstein95

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
A little bit on our wiki, but mostly it is just common 3ds formats.
http://www.dshack.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Some info about common 3ds formats is on my wiki:
http://florian.nouwt.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
You might want to have a look at http://kuribo64.net/?page=wiki&id=MSBT and http://pastebin.com/4LQA0TaF for the 3DS's text format.

Trying to decrypt BD: For the Sequel. Running 3DS Decryptor, it freezes at "Opened! Reading info..."

Am I doing something wrong? Does the ROM need to be on the SD card to make the pad? If it does, what do I do if the rom is 4gb? Would NTFS work?
No, just keep retrying (try using the latest version). Nope. N/A. N/A. N/A.

Reactions: misterb98

banxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
already finished a zerokey encode tools.
used for merge decypted exefs, code, exheader, accessheader, romfs back into original rom and fix sha2hash, 7.x flag, zero key flag, and rsa2048 signatures.
can produce extract same binary for homebrew gpu.3ds, but failed on monster hunter 4G.

I'll try on other old roms later.

update: working now on hr-kirameki.3ds and monster hunter 4G.
my previous test failed because 3dsexplorer give me wrong size of xored file. and exheader extract by 3dsexplorer doesn't contains accedesc tail. so ctrtool is doing better works than 3dsexplorer in extracting.

update 0.2: can accept romfs even original 3ds file doesn't contains romfs or have smaller one. and will sync more fields in headers (maybe leave some of them unchanged is safer)

update 0.3: fixed a bug in file enlargement. thanks wewewef for bug report

Attachments

• mergerom0.1.rar
    75.3 KB · Views: 164
  • mergerom_0.31.zip
    79.5 KB · Views: 187

misterb98

Moral Gateway User. Wat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, just keep retrying (try using the latest version). Nope. N/A. N/A. N/A.
Ah, it got further this time! Is it normal for it to try an generate a pad with size -791MB? That seems like either a size detection bug or a bad ncch.bin

Edit: Just saw the percentage marker on the top. :P

Edit 2: It crashed on the fourth xorpad, file name was garbage and percentage did not move. Doesn't matter as I think the third one was the one I needed. Now 3dsExplorer crashes on Romfs.bin extraction. Any newer version to counter this?

3DSExplorerCrash.png

Edit 3: Got it working! Had to use another program for Romfs.bin extraction. Now I just need to figure out why Foobar with VGMSTREAM plugin isn't playing the BD sound files.

Edit 4: Apparently I can't get valid sound files with either FE:Awakening or BD. Going to try KI:Uprising now...

Edit 5: When am I allowed to bump? Anyway, Kid Icarus uprising decrypted, still getting "3ds program id mismatch, wrong key" before the decryption happens. It still decrypts, I just can't play any sound at all. Is makrom warez? If it isn't, where can I find the latest version?

Edit 6: Clearly I don't have the latest version of everything. Time to go and re-get all my programs. Is the latest padgen the one with the white screen and hex, or the black screen? How can I compile it, I can only find binaries from secondary sources. I am using unpackv3.zip for my stuff, is this the latest? Has anyone else managed to decrypt Fire Emblem Awakening, Bravely Default, or Kid Icarus and have the bcstms play and/or be able to makerom it afterwards? Thanks.

Arnold0

Trophies
Website
arnold0.com
XP
Country
France
Hi, anyone have a working luncher.dat, because I don't at all know how to compile this.
I found one, it have a white screen saying on top "Creating pad 0* Done!", on bottom it says "Completed (Insert hex number) Out of (Insert other hex number)". It is realy slow and after like an hour it crashed, and the xorpad was only 350Mb for a 1GB AC:NL dump, so I think someone might have one working.

kaidex

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
already finished a zerokey encode tools.
used for merge decypted exefs, code, exheader, accessheader, romfs back into original rom and fix sha2hash, 7.x flag, zero key flag, and rsa2048 signatures.
can produce extract same binary for homebrew gpu.3ds, but failed on monster hunter 4G.

I'll try on other old roms later.

update: working now on hr-kirameki.3ds and monster hunter 4G.
my previous test failed because 3dsexplorer give me wrong size of xored file. and exheader extract by 3dsexplorer doesn't contains accedesc tail. so ctrtool is doing better works than 3dsexplorer in extracting.

can you tell me how to repack romfs.bin?

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you use this to decrypt a digital copy of a game from a standard 3DS, modify it and re-xor with the original keys and play the modified game on the same standard 3DS?

No, checksums would fail. Besides you can't generate xorpad without a 4.1-4.5 3DS as they are console specific for the content on the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one