ROM Hack [Release] 3DS_CTR_Decryptor-VOiD

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Isnt it possible to decrypt the nand and reencrypt it partitally and then spoof the nintendo server? If an uodate is downloaded from the server it isnt encrypted yet with console specefic keys, so it has to happen inside the 3ds right after it? ( just speculation, i need to check this for sure, but i dont have the abilities to do so now)

Sabi996

Trophies
XP
Country
K so i have a little problem. I got to extract the pokemon models just fine, but i don't know the command line for the textures. Can anyone write an example?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
anyone figured out any more about the IVFC hash, the first one is easy, but then i cant figure out how level 1 & 2 work.......hmmm back to staring at Chinese i think

Untitled.png

anyways see on here the first hash works perfectly, go to 0x1e0f000, select block size 1000, sha256 of that area is the first hash which is stored at 0x60......

EDIT: ok the other ones are that simple too....but it seems the actual content is individually hashed aswell or something, as even content not covered by these hash's still breaks these hashes (im sure at some point i will understand it :rofl2: )......unless im missing yet another something

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
K so i have a little problem. I got to extract the pokemon models just fine, but i don't know the command line for the textures. Can anyone write an example?

For python:
bch2png.py dec_NO.bin

For go:
go run bch2png.go dec_NO.bin

Also, the texture for a model is in a file with a number higher by 2 and 3 (normal and shiny respectively).
So, for Bulbasaur, his model is in dec_4.bin, while his textures are in dec_6.bin and dec_7.bin

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly. First you generate (on a PC) a key in ncchinfo.bin. Then, CTR decryptor uses it AND the 3DS's AES engine to generate a xorpad.
So, without a key, you won't be able to do anything with CTR tool.

Ok. So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. The key is in ncchinfo.bin. CTR decrypted uses the 3DS's AES engine to decrypt the rom using this per-generated key. Hence, only if we are able to generate a key for NAND will we be able to decrypt using this method?

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ok. So let me see if I'm understanding you correctly. The key is in ncchinfo.bin. CTR decrypted uses the 3DS's AES engine to decrypt the rom using this per-generated key. Hence, only if we are able to generate a key for NAND will we be able to decrypt using this method?

Pretty much. However, it's easy to generate a key for the games, as each game uses it's own key and the console has to extract it. But for the NAND it is hard, as the same method won't work (no need to hide the key anywhere in the ROM, as NAND is only for one specific console) due to the keys not being stored anywhere easy to access.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
carts all need to be decrypted by any console, so its kinda obvious they are using a method that would work whatever console the cart is inserted into

but in the case of the nand they are designed to only be decrypted by the console they came from, iirc they use a console specific key for their encryption

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. However, it's easy to generate a key for the games, as each game uses it's own key and the console has to extract it. But for the NAND it is hard, as the same method won't work (no need to hide the key anywhere in the ROM, as NAND is only for one specific console) due to the keys not being stored anywhere easy to access.
carts all need to be decrypted by any console, so its kinda obvious they are using a method that would work whatever console the cart is inserted into
but in the case of the nand they are designed to only be decrypted by the console they came from, iirc they use a console specific key for their encryption

I see. For games, the keys are easily accessibly by the 3DS so that its AES engine can decrypt. Whereas for NAND, the key is not located in the dump? If so where would the key be located?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
SciresM Have you looked into items in the game files? Would love to see what the Power Plant event and such is (Ya know, those doors that say you need a card key). My guess is that those are the places you will legitimately obtain Volcanion --- or more.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SciresM Have you looked into items in the game files? Would love to see what the Power Plant event and such is (Ya know, those doors that say you need a card key). My guess is that those are the places you will legitimately obtain Volcanion --- or more.

There is nothing; SciresM has had the decrypted files for months.

Reactions: Huntereb and cearp

WannyTiggah

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The only way to check would be using a "walk through walls" code or something. Whenever that would be possible.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to check would be using a "walk through walls" code or something. Whenever that would be possible.
No. If there's no text, there is no event. We can check models and map info, and there is nothing. Plus you can't walk through walls to bypass a script warp.

There is no secret event at the power plant, or anywhere else. We would know by now.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
the most likely options are either
A. it was planned to be in the game but was cut and they left the door
B.its just a suspicious door with no meaning
or
C. they planned a special event that would work somewhat like DLC and the content wont be there until a patch is released

WannyTiggah

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Wait, which door (single) are you guys talking about? I thought we were talking about the doors (plural) of the closed power plants...

supermalloch

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: cearp

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
There is nothing; SciresM has had the decrypted files for months.

Damn, that sucks. I guess we'll get that stuff in game updates.

But does that pertain to areas as well? No inaccessible locations? If someone were to "walk-through-walls" cheat passed the door, nothing would happen?

Mystie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may have a problem here.

I'm trying to make an XORPAD of Sonic Lost World, because RTB from The VG Resource really wants to get the models from that game. I made an ncchinfo.bin file out of the ROM, then copied said file (and the Gateway Launcher.dat) onto my SD card. Once I went to DS Profile, the decryptor interface appeared, but it's been stuck at the "Reading info..." part for more than ten minutes now.

Did I do something wrong, or is it supposed to take an extremely long time?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HUNTERFOX @ HUNTERFOX:
    They both suck hahaha
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    "Where is the bathroom?"
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    The bar goes up in flames.
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @Xdqwerty wdym by that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A old man goes to doctor and says "Doctor I take a shit every morning around 9am." Doctor says "That's good and healthy." Old man says "But I don't wake up till 10am."
    +2
  • HUNTERFOX @ HUNTERFOX:
    That's a great one @BigOnYa
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    haha, kinda corny tho
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa when I read your jokes I imagine Im seeing south park and Randy Marsh is telling the joke
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    also here's a better version of your vacuum cleaner joke @HUNTERFOX
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @salazarcosplay and I bet when you read mine you imagine a toilet and the dookie somebody had after eating Taco Bell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs,
    computers having hamsters inside them and stuff
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    not very funny :/
    +1
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    tbh kinda cringe
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs stop crying about it
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    tbh I'm not having the best day today
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    the morning could've been better
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    and I do want to rest now that it's the end of school for the week
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    I don't wanna get annoyed or angry about anything........ but for ONCE could we talk like actual people and not like creeps
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man and wife get in bed together. Man rubs on wife wanting some and wife says, " I can't tonight, I have a gynecologist appointment in the morning." After a few minutes, man starts rubbing on her again. She says "Didn't you here me? Stop." He says "What, do you have a dentist appointment too?"
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    Boy oh boy would I pay to chat on GBAtemp in 2015
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs, I wouldnt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Kirbydogs, also I agree its cringe
  • Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs:
    @Xdqwerty what was it like
    Kirbydogs @ Kirbydogs: @Xdqwerty what was it like