ROM Hack [Release] 3DS NAND SecureInfo Tool (For region change)

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Powering off 3DS in right time is very important, since after you try access e-shop without nnid it sends request to Nintendo server to reset info on next login (next login re-registers system).

Which reminds me... how many seconds do I have to wait on the eShop loading screen to power it off?

AquaX101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, in rxtools there is no region free (right?) - so you will not see the duplicated titles. but they will be there.
getting eshop working is weird, sometimes it just works, other times it does not, there is a guide i have posted a few places to try and make it work, it worked for a few people.
it's in my thread somewhere - https://gbatemp.net/threads/poc-3ds-region-changing-proof.378110/

Its on page 11, but on the guide, what are you supposed to do on step one? Do you run the eshop on the A Card?

SpencerlyEverly

Spencer Everly
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Obi123

JaviRoa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the new update! I´m one of those with a rare USA 3ds! Now I have a "E" Emunand. Thanks for this Riku

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it actually required to downgrade the sysnand to 4.5?

I have a 9.2 sysnand I just want to make a J emunand on a spare memory card without messing up my main memory cards saves encryption.

I hope I can leave my sysnand alone. This is the process I think should work for me. I'm also confused on if I can just mass install ALL firmware cias or if I have to select titles based on the lists from the first post.

1) format a new emunand on a spare card
2) install all cias for 9.7.0-25J That I just got from 3dnus on said emunand
3) extract emunand from card and inject secureinfo_a (I already have a xorpad made by decrypt9)
4) load emunand and format system memory

JacktheTrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to get the SecureInfo_A from a system that has 9.4 firmware. I want to use my JP 3ds to dump a requested CIA file but since it's beyond the firmware requirement i can't use it to dump CIAs. If I can get the SecureInfo_A from it without needing to dump the NAND I could still use my Gateway/CFW based 3ds to do it instead.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Is there any way to get the SecureInfo_A from a system that has 9.4 firmware. I want to use my JP 3ds to dump a requested CIA file but since it's beyond the firmware requirement i can't use it to dump CIAs. If I can get the SecureInfo_A from it without needing to dump the NAND I could still use my Gateway/CFW based 3ds to do it instead.

unless you have previously dumped the fat16 xorpads from that console, before it was updated to 9.4, then no.

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to try to change my O3DS' EmuNAND region from JP to US, but noticed there aren't any system titles listed for 4.5.0-10U. Is it safe to assume I can skip installing any CIA's?

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No you can't. Download the 4.5.0-10U cia pack with 3DNUS and remove the ones starting with : 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138.

Reactions: Septimo

Septimo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you can't. Download the 4.5.0-10U cia pack with 3DNUS and remove the ones starting with : 0004001B, 0004800F, 00048005, 00040130 and 00040138.

Thanks, I'll try that. :)

Edit: It worked great! Thanks! :grog:

Edit 2: However, I have duplicate apps. Camera, Mii Studio, etc. How can I remove them? I'm also getting a black screen when I enter sleep mode. Very strange.

Last edited by Septimo,

damnit01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I have an idea, but I am still not to try it.

First, My 3DS's region is HK/TW version.

I have already made the JPN region EMUNAND.

Can I just use decrypt9 to write emunand to sysnand such that my TW/HK 3DS becomes JPN version 3DS ?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I have an idea, but I am still not to try it.
First, My 3DS's region is HK/TW version.
I have already made the JPN region EMUNAND.
Can I just use decrypt9 to write emunand to sysnand such that my TW/HK 3DS becomes JPN version 3DS ?
you can do that, the secure info file has to be a real one dumped from a 3ds, it cannot be edited.
otherwise you will not boot.
but i think if you use a9lhmamd a nice cfw like luma, you don't have to worry :)

do you have a9lh? i recommend it

damnit01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
you can do that, the secure info file has to be a real one dumped from a 3ds, it cannot be edited.
otherwise you will not boot.
but i think if you use a9lhmamd a nice cfw like luma, you don't have to worry :)

do you have a9lh? i recommend it

No, I don't have A9LH.
I just use O3DS, the sysNAND is 4.4. I use mset to boot to EMUNAND.
On youtube, there is a teaching course to change the region of secureinfo_A
I extract my O3DS's secureinfo_A and successfully modify it to JPN version secureinfo_A, and then I successfully made the JPN EMUNAND with my modified secureinfo_A.
Because I heard someone has already tried to use hardware flash emunand to sysnand and he has already successed.
But now, we have software (decrypt9) to flash NAND.
So, I think it may success.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or most surround sound receivers are 3 HDMI in, one HDMI out to tv, and you can select which hdmi in
    you want on the receiver.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment +1