ROM Hack [Release] 3DS NAND SecureInfo Tool (For region change)

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah i forget what thread though....just try searching stuff like "trade secureinfo_A"...shouldn't be too hard to find it was only a few days ago

I couldnt find it;-; so i went and made a thread in the trading area (im not so sure if its allowed, but we'll see)

EDIT: Is there a tool that can detect the region of a NAND? I have 2 nands on my HDD and di not differentiate the names, and I have a EUR console and a USA console, I dont want to restore the wrong one and brick it.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I couldnt find it;-; so i went and made a thread in the trading area (im not so sure if its allowed, but we'll see)
should be fine....with any luck the guy will come around these ways as he was obviously interested in the region swap stuff.......tbh i think someone with a JPN n3DS standard might bite your hand off to swap the JPN secureinfo for a unused US secure info file

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
should be fine....with any luck the guy will come around these ways as he was obviously interested in the region swap stuff.......tbh i think someone with a JPN n3DS standard might bite your hand off to swap the JPN secureinfo for a unused US secure info file

Well I cant see the JPN one being worth more, so I dont plan on adding anything to the US one I already have.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well I cant see the JPN one being worth more, so I dont plan on adding anything to the US one I already have.
yeah i think a straight trade is fair, people want to make a US standard n3DS, so once karl3DS is released im sure you will have a taker......you might get someone who wants to trade before then, but once karl3ds is released there will be more

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah i think a straight trade is fair, people want to make a US standard n3DS, so once karl3DS is released im sure you will have a taker

yeah i wouldnt do anything more, I never use the US sysNAND, so I never really use the US SecureInfo_A, its the emuNAND I use and the JPN SecureInfo would be going into the emuNAND anyway.

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
okay I am having no luck being able to get the nand.16 file. I tried to use cearps python files but I dont know how to run them;-; (i have python installed, I just dont know what to type to decrypt my nand)

any help?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
okay I am having no luck being able to get the nand.16 file. I tried to use cearps python files but I dont know how to run them;-; (i have python installed, I just dont know what to type to decrypt my nand)

any help?

doesn't the OP in the release thread tell you what to type?
or typing '-h', will bring up some help information

Reactions: plasma

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
doesn't the OP in the release thread tell you what to type?
or typing '-h', will bring up some help information

Just checked it again then, unless I'm blind, I can't see what to type in the op (using 3DSFAT16tool)

EDIT - Nevermind, figured it out.

This tool toiolinject/extract the SecureInfo is so much easier to use, thankyou"

Stella0219

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I just want to be sure
if I do this process I can make my kor console into a usa console?
or is it just for the emunand?

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just want to be sure
if I do this process I can make my kor console into a usa console?
or is it just for the emunand?
You can change region permanently by writing modified emuNAND image into nand memory (using Gateway launcher's downgrade function or hardware mod), but I won't suggest you doing it. It's risky and should only be attempted by experienced users.

Stella0219

Trophies
XP
Country
You can change region permanently by writing modified emuNAND image into nand memory (using Gateway launcher's downgrade function or hardware mod), but I won't suggest you doing it. It's risky and should only be attempted by experienced users.

Ok :) thank you ~

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If I were to replace the SecureInfo file in an emuNAND image, would the emuNAND successfully convert to the injected region file? or does it have to be sysNAND?

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, stupid question that I already know the answer to, but would anyone be willing to temporarily loan me a Japanese SecureInfo_A? Even if it's banned that's okay, I just want to test a firmware project.

What I want to find out is if I do a download play session between a 9.2J EmuNand (created using the SecureInfo_A) and an 8.1J New 3DS, will it update the N3DS to 9.2J, and if it does will it have any sort of web browser.

I WON'T be going online or testing eShop or anything like that whatsoever, just testing sending firmware over download play.

If anyone is willing to help (cearp?) I can send you my American SecureInfo_A as collateral. Eventually I'll be using it to convert this N3DS(J) to USA, SOMEDAY :D

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
using download play, the browser would not be updated :) sorry

8.1J is fine really, i have it and use gw with it, but yes you need to have emunand updated because gw's stuff does not like 8.1 (at least the beta)

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using download play, the browser would not be updated :) sorry

8.1J is fine really, i have it and use gw with it, but yes you need to have emunand updated because gw's stuff does not like 8.1 (at least the beta)

No worries, thanks for the clarification!

I'm sure KARL3DS or a GateWay update will make things better soon :D I'm just waiting for Ocarina and Cubic Ninja to come in the mail so I can start messing with the N3DS 8.1J, but since there's no way to inject SecureInfo_A on a N3DS there's no rush yet haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs