Hacking Release: 005Tools by McHaggis

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@[member='McHaggis'], I can give you admin on R4iSaveMore on google code and you could publish it there if you'de like...i'm not going to touch it anymore anyway...
Thanks for the offer, but it looks like it's not necessary now. The software is back up on FileTrip, and [member='Costello'] is listening to feedback and making improvements.

On the development front, I've been able to mimic the official R4i software in order to write to 3DS cards, with just one issue. So far, I've tested with 3 of my games, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Mario Kart 7 and Star Fox 64 3D. Each one has a section of the data missing upto a specific number of bytes, apparently dependant on the total size. For instance:
  • Mario Kart 7 (512kB) has the first 0x680 (1,664) bytes of data missing;
  • Theatrhythm and Star Fox 64 3D (both 128kB) have the first 0x300 (768) bytes of data missing
I've yet to figure out why, I can't see any significant differences in the data I'm sending and the data the official software is sending. I'm working up to testing my other games, I just don't like the fact that I'm temporarily corrupting their save data until I either fix the issue or boot into Windows to restore the backups.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cracked it a few hours ago. Dumped a larger trace from the official software on Theatrhythm and it writes the first 16kB again at the end. Lord only knows why, but adjusting my code accordingly allowed me to write to all 3 cards and a play test confirmed it worked.

I've got some cleaning up to do with the app, and I'm going to test all my games first, but I'll release it in a few days when I get around to it.

EDIT: Now uploaded, see first post for download link.

You, sir, just made my day! I hate to boot to Windows no matter the reason. Tested it on Ubuntu 12.04 and worked, for my 3DS cards it doesn't show the software title, it just say "Detected unknown CTR-005 game (encrypted 3DS card)". As for the acekard (beta firmware) and the Supercard DS one it will just show random characters xD. Downloading save seems to work well, but I'm gonna wait for the next versions to test the save upload feature (too afraid to corrupt my saves atm xD)
No need to fear anymore! In the latest version I've included a README file that contains a list of games I've thoroughly tested with the software. I've tested 6 out of the 10 3DS games I own (the other 4 are loaned out to family), and there were no problems with any. In fact, of the 13 games I tested, the only one with problems was Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt, which reads OK but doesn't erase/write at all presumably because the EEPROM size is smaller than 1024 bytes. No cases of save corruption at all.

slmpika

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried to get this to work, but it won't detect my save dongle. Are there steps I need to take other than inserting the save dongle and running the program? I'm using Ubuntu 12.10.

Edit: It needs to be run with root privileges in order to detect the savedongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4GojQTu7iI