Region change Japanese N3DS (not XL/LL) emuNAND

Tutorial: How to region change an original, Japanese N3DS' emuNAND to USA/EUR
WARNING: I am not responsible for any damage to your system. Follow each step carefully and don't cut corners.

Also, this may remove all installed applications on your emuNAND.
Requirments
  • A Japanese non XL/LL N3DS (obviously) running <= 9.2 sysNAND.
  • A computer.
  • An emuNAND running 9.2 - 10.4 with CFW that disables signature checks.
  • A donor SecureInfo_A from any 3DS (Old, new, xl/ll, non xl/ll) running the target region (US/EUR) on your SD card. *Note online games and such may not work properly on the donor console and/or your console if the donor has connected to the internet using the same SecureInfo_A
  • A CIA version of a CIA installer installed on your emuNAND.
  • 3DSNUS on your computer.
  • A way of running .3dsx preferably menuhax on your sysNAND.
  • Decrypt9WIP by d0k3 installed as a 3dsx.
  • The update/downgrade CIAs for your same emuNAND firmware and for your target region from that ISO site. Hint: It's the ones everyone has been using to downgrade their sysNAND. Extract the updates folder to the root of your SD card.
Step A: Backing up your emuNAND if something goes wrong
  1. Start up Decrypt9WIP through the Homebrew Launcher and select "EmuNAND Options".
  2. Select "EmuNAND Backup" and choose the name for it to be stored under.
  3. Grab a snack and wait about 10 - 20 minutes.
  4. After the backup process, power off your console.
  5. You have completed step A.
Step B: Installing the update/downgrade CIAs for your target region
  1. Boot into your emuNAND with a CFW. Preferably Cakes.
  2. Start your CIA installer that features batch folder install. Preferably FBI.
  3. Go to the updates folder you extracted and install all the CIAs. If you are using FBI, press X while in the updates folder.
  4. Do some exercise and burn off that snack you just ate for 5 - 10 minutes. :P
  5. If all CIAs installed successfully, power off your system.
  6. You have completed step B.
Step C: Injecting a target region SecureInfo_A into your emuNAND
  1. Power on your system.
  2. Start the Homebrew Launcher with your preferred exploit.
  3. Start Decrypt9WIP
  4. Go to "EmuNAND Options" -> "File Inject..." -> "Inject SecureInfo_A"
  5. Follow the safety check displayed on your screen.
  6. Choose the file name of the donor SecureInfo_A and press A.
  7. It should finish in about 5 seconds.
  8. If the Inject succeeded, power off your console.
  9. You have finished step C.

Step D: Cleaning up
  1. Boot your emuNAND.
  2. Wait for 2 - 3 minutes until it boots. Note: You may be missing some system applications, don't panic as this is normal. Go to Step E (after finishing this step) if they are.
  3. After it finishes booting, open System Settings and format your system.
  4. After the format finishes, reboot into emuNAND and finish the setup.
  5. Note: If your CIA manager is gone, don't panic. You can follow this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/ guide to inject your CIA manager into your health and safety application.
  6. Now, on your computer download a csv title list from yls8.mtheall.com/reports.php for your previous fw region/version and for your new fw region/version.
  7. Use this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...is-safe-to-delete-after-region-change.383796/ awesome tool by cearp and get all the safe title IDs you can delete.
  8. After getting a list of title ids, something similar to " ['0004001000020000', '0004001000020100', '0004001000020400', '0004001000020900', '0004001000020A00', '000400100002BF00', '0004001020020300', '0004001020020D00', '0004001020023100', '000400102002C800', '000400102002C900', '000400102002CA00', '000400102002CB00', '0004003000008202', '0004003000008302', '0004003000008402', '0004003000008602', '0004003000008702', '0004003000008D02', '0004003000008E02', '0004003000009502', '000400300000BC02', '000400300000C002', '000400300000C102', '000400300000C302', '000400300000C402', '000400300000C602', '0004003020008802', '000400302000C003', '0004009B00012202', '000400DB00017202', '000400DB20016202'] " use your CIA manager and go through the installed CIAs on your NAND. Whenever you get to a title ID to delete, uninstall it. FBI works well for this.
  9. Use the home button and close your CIA manager. Note: If you get "An error has occurred" just restart your emuNAND. This has happened to me.
  10. You have finished step D.
Optional: Step E: Restoring lost system titles
  1. Go to yls8.mtheall.com/reports.php and find the title IDs for the lost titles make sure they are for your new region. Some titles may not be under New3DS reports, in this case, find the latest Old3DS report.
  2. Download the missing titles with 3DSNUS and pack them as CIAs.
  3. Move the CIAs to your SD card and install to emuNAND with your CIA manager.
  4. They may not show at first, restart your emuNAND.
  5. You have finished step E.
Optional: Step F: Something F'ed up and now you need to restore your emuNAND.
  1. Power off your device and boot to sysNAND.
  2. Use your preferred exploit to enter the Homebrew Launcher and run Decrypt9WIP.
  3. Go to "EmuNAND Options" -> "EmuNAND Restore".
  4. Follow the safety check shown.
  5. Select the same file name you used in Step A.
  6. Grab a snack and wait 10 - 20 minutes.
  7. When finished, exit and reboot.
  8. All changes you've made in this tutorial have been reverted.
  9. You have finished step F.

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello guys,

I want to know if this is possible in sysNAND on a N3ds JP console with 9.1 FW? I have it with themehax set up but no emuNAND yet.

Thanks.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I want to know if this is possible in sysNAND on a N3ds JP console with 9.1 FW? I have it with themehax set up but no emuNAND yet.

Thanks.

I'm not really sure on regular sysNAND but if you're on a9lh it's possible(see my sig). If you're not comfortable doing a9lh, then you can do it in emunand instead.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm missing a lot of system titles, the one from cearp doesn't work on my computer, but I have 3dnus.
Can someone help me by providing the system titles for the New 3DS USA region?
I converted my New 3DS from Jap to USA.

Thanks!

Last edited by Nirmonculus,

Sam_SpadeR

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm missing a lot of system titles, the one from cearp doesn't work on my computer, but I have 3dnus.

Thanks!
Man, if you changed the region of your 3ds to USA one, just put the games in the SD and install them. Don´t worry about the ID titles as you already change the region, so it will work good.

Cheers!

Reactions: Nirmonculus

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks!
If you aren't on 11.0 for the region swapped NAND, https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php use 8.1 scans to get the TIDs and versions, use fbi 2.x to confirm you have everything installed and uninstall the useless cias, then update.

Man, if you changed the region of your 3ds to USA one, just put the games in the SD and install them. Don´t worry about the ID titles as you already change the region, so it will work good.

Cheers!
The point in a region swapped ds is to have it function. The ds can barely function if there aren't system cias installed.

Last edited by ih8ih8sn0w,

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
If you aren't on 11.0 for the region swapped ds, https://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php use 8.1 scans to get the TIDs and versions, use fbi 2.x to confirm you have everything installed and uninstall the useless cias, then update.

The point in a region swapped ds is to have it function. The ds can barely function if there aren't system cias installed.
I found a way to find all the system titles that I don't have, about 12 titles are missing like mii maker, mii plaza, etc. I've deleted all the Japanese titleids, but found out that my laptop is a potato and can't run any 3dnus.
I've tried a lot of ways, like dumping the system titles with braindump but still have to figure out how to rebuild it to 3ds then convert to cia, and I've also tried the rxTools method of dumping and decrypting system titles of my US O3DS but that just gave me a bunch of .app system titles. X.x

So far, I've updated my region changed emunand to 9.5 starting with 9.0 then 9.2 then 9.4 then 9.5.

It seems I need another computer but the only thing available here is an iMac with no windows emulation XD

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a way to find all the system titles that I don't have, about 12 titles are missing like mii maker, mii plaza, etc. I've deleted all the Japanese titleids, but found out that my laptop is a potato and can't run any 3dnus.
I've tried a lot of ways, like dumping the system titles with braindump but still have to figure out how to rebuild it to 3ds then convert to cia, and I've also tried the rxTools method of dumping and decrypting system titles of my US O3DS but that just gave me a bunch of .app system titles. X.x

So far, I've updated my region changed emunand to 9.5 starting with 9.0 then 9.2 then 9.4 then 9.5.

It seems I need another computer but the only thing available here is an iMac with no windows emulation XD
You have to use 3dnus or clones unless you have the ability to dump system titles as a cia from another n3ds (i dont think this is possible). You might be able to find/request for the titles on that iso site (my internet is a potato, so I can't really help you get them)

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to use 3dnus or clones unless you have the ability to dump system titles as a cia from another n3ds (i dont think this is possible). You might be able to find/request for the titles on that iso site (my internet is a potato, so I can't really help you get them)
It's okay, we both have potatoes for internet connections. Thanks, I'll request then. :B

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i FINALLY got a SecureInfo_A file that has never been online. I plan to create a completely new NNID, so should I just run TinyFormat on my emunand, and then inject the new-clean-SecureInfo_A file and create a new NNID? Is that right? I would assume that I wont loose my content/installed games with tiny format, right? I dont remember how that worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was actually in the scouts for 1 week, til they assigned me homework, n I was like f this, and quit, I was like 10 yrs old. And no I didn't join the girl Scouts.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Was the homework about getting to know the scout leaders