Hacking Question Regarding downgrading firmwares...

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, (mainly due to curiosity) is there any reason to downgrade to an earlier firmware of the switch?
what with the switch itself is hackable
(given it is rcm-able from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/)
regardless of any firmware, it is on. I'm just wondering this because of seeing the AutoRCM option upon booting throught hekate (dunno how I missed that till now) and burning the fuse doesn't seem to be like loosing much.....

I dunno, is it just my preference or is there any other reason?

lieder1987

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the reason to have low firmwares was so that you could potentially have a RCM free hack later in life, but in my opinion upgrade to the newest.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Quick question, (mainly due to curiosity) is there any reason to downgrade to an earlier firmware of the switch?
what with the switch itself is hackable
(given it is rcm-able from here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-...he-first-post-before-asking-questions.481215/)
regardless of any firmware, it is on. I'm just wondering this because of seeing the AutoRCM option upon booting throught hekate (dunno how I missed that till now) and burning the fuse doesn't seem to be like loosing much.....

I dunno, is it just my preference or is there any other reason?
Currently there is a warmboot exploit for 4.1.0 and a warmboot exploit is confirmed possible for up to 7.1.0. Not needing a dongle (and optionally a jig) to boot is in a way more convenient, but you need wifi every time to use the warmboot exploit, so I don't find it very convenient, but having both is nice so you can use the warmboot exploit when you're at home but still have the offline option with a dongle when you're on the go. The warmboot exploit for sure makes switching from OFW to CFW much easier, switching back is about the same. Hopefully in the future game based exploits are discovered so that you only need to use wifi once to install the exploited save data. But it's difficult because of ASLR on the Switch.

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh, I see. guess I haven't dug deeper here as I thought. apologies if it was a rather "normie" question, but I appreciate the reply Kubas_inko, and The Real Jdbye.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgtO5sebA9U