Hacking Patched V1 Only Booting to SysMMC from Hekate's "Launch" Menu

zach__c

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! So I have a patched V1 here that wasn't booting at all after a mod attempt (it was stuck in RCM mode according to TegraRcmGUI). I successfully installed a modchip, and I can now boot into Hekate.

The console still won't boot into OFW if I go into Reboot > OFW in Hekate, it just gives a black screen (still stuck in RCM mode). Same if I hold vol +/- and then power from the off state, or if I remove the SD and press vol +/- on the NO SD screen. All straight to RCM mode.

But interestingly enough, the console will boot completely fine using certain options from the "Launch" menu in Hekate:
  • SysMMC OFW - Succeeds (I believe this skips the fuse count, does it skip anything else?)
  • SysMMC CFW - Succeeds
  • emuMMC CFW - Fails (for whatever reason with the "Unknown pkg1 version" error)

Here's a screenshot of the emuMMC boot error:

emuMMC Error.png

And the HW & Fuses screen:

HW & Fuses.jpg

The SysMMC is on the FW version 17.0.1

I would assume it's an issue with the fuse count, but the console has never been sucessfully modded or downgraded as far as I know. And this wouldn't cause issues with booting into the emuMMC, right? I even tried re-formatting the SD, re-partitioning, and re-creating the emuMMC but I get the same exact "Unknown pkg1 version" error.

I would try performing an unbrick level 1, but I'm worried this is unecessary if the console can boot completely fine into OFW from the Hekate Launch menu.

I have both a NAND backup and prod.keys dumped. Happy to provide any other details/screenshots I can. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Post automatically merged:

Oh and I forgot to mention, AutoRCM is off in Hekate.

Update: the EmuMMC boot issues were completely unrelated to the SysMMC boot issues. I tried a different SD card for the EmuMMC, and that seemed to fix that issue. Turns out the SD card that was provided with the console was a generic brand/fake SD card.
(I thought the EmuMMC creation & NAND backups were a little slower than usual! :rolleyes:)

However, I'm unfortunately still running into issues with the stock OFW boot.

I was also having issues with the switch not waking from sleep, it would just get stuck on a black screen when attempting to wake from sleep in both the SysMMC and EmuMMC.

But I fixed both issues!! For anyone else running into similar issues, I reinstalled the same firmware (17.0.1 in my case) using Daybreak on SysMMC + CFW and that fixed it. I'm guessing something on the SysMMC somehow got corrupted at some point during the initial mod attempt, and re-installing the same firmware resolved it.

Last edited by zach__c,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol