Redmi Note 9 blutooth issue

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

I'm trying to connect a recently acquired Pokeball Plus to my daughter's phone, a Redmi Note 9. Bluetooth is on, I press the button to make the ball discoverable, both on the Pokemon Go app and in the phone's bluetooth settings, no dice. Doesn't acknowledge its existence whatsoever. I know it's not a problem with the ball's blueooth because it connected just fine to her Switch, that's why there's a very talkative Eevee in it. So what exactly is the issue here, and more to the point how do I resolve it? If the phone is compatible with the app (which it is, we're having no issues running it) and the Redmi Note 9 is running essentially Android 10 or so, why would there be any compatibility issues? It detects my TV (I honestly didn't even know my TV had bluetooth) but not the ball when they're literally inches apart. Suggestions welcome. It's hardly a deal breaker since the ball still works with the Switch and she can still 'play' with Eevee, but it'd be nice to get the full deal out of the ball if possible.

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming they upped the ante on connecting Switch controllers to devices. PS4/5 and Xbox X|S controllers come with native support for other bluetooth devices, yet by some miracle Joy-Cons work on Android exclusively (and not good). The chances are Nintendo locked their bluetooth to a Switch connection only.

Also, why would you use the ball on a phone? I'm interested in what practical application it would have with games since it's like a joystick and a button, right?

Yes, most modern devices have a bluetooth chip like TV's, and can be connected by virtually any device. I'm assuming the TV connection is for bluetooth speakers and the like.

felix.200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm assuming they upped the ante on connecting Switch controllers to devices. PS4/5 and Xbox X|S controllers come with native support for other bluetooth devices, yet by some miracle Joy-Cons work on Android exclusively (and not good). The chances are Nintendo locked their bluetooth to a Switch connection only.

Also, why would you use the ball on a phone? I'm interested in what practical application it would have with games since it's like a joystick and a button, right?

Yes, most modern devices have a bluetooth chip like TV's, and can be connected by virtually any device. I'm assuming the TV connection is for bluetooth speakers and the like.
In Pokémon Go the ball works like a Pokémon Go Plus.

Reactions: WG481

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi