Hacking Recover R4i Gold using ntrboot flasher

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only other thing I can think of is, try another microsd card?

They are on my mega now so don;t let me forget to update my thread haha

I'd prefer to remain anonymous as far as credit. :)

Last edited by kuwanger,

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kuwanger's Rev D confirmed functional cart. Japanese Konami game at home screen, full wood menu on launch. Will test C next but I do not expect anything different.

-edit- Same results with C dump. Same icon etc

Last edited by TheCheeze,

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you see any abnormal discoloration on any of the components? I personally do not in your pics. If the IC is shot then you have no hope of reviving it.

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you see any abnormal discoloration on any of the components? I personally do not in your pics. If the IC is shot then you have no hope of reviving it.
No, everything looks good except that I think should be something in the "u5" space. All the pictures on the internet of that card has, just mine is different.

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is actually making me wonder, have you tried re-downloading and setting up the ntrboot stuff on your system? May have had bad/corrupted files?

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is actually making me wonder, have you tried re-downloading and setting up the ntrboot stuff on your system? May have had bad/corrupted files?
I think I just need the ntrboot_flasher and the boot9strap_ntr, right?
I'm not trying to flash the ntrboothax to the flashcard, I just want to recover it, since it does not work anymore. I'll try to use ntrboothax when my N3DS XL arrive

EDIT: Tried with the newer ntrboot_flasher, but still does not work

TheCheeze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know which version you were using? I have been reading the logs and came across this little gem

v0.1.1
kitling released this 8 days ago · 19 commits to master since this release

Welcome to the first bugfix release!

Fixed:

• Forgot to clear a buffer to 0, so sometimes a cart could 'brick'. (Commit](kitling/flashcart_core@ad5d125))
  • Fixed the name displayed in the program itself. (ntrboothax installer -> ntrboot flasher)

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Do you know which version you were using? I have been reading the logs and came across this little gem

v0.1.1
kitling released this 8 days ago · 19 commits to master since this release

Welcome to the first bugfix release!

Fixed:

• Forgot to clear a buffer to 0, so sometimes a cart could 'brick'. (Commit](kitling/flashcart_core@ad5d125))
  • Fixed the name displayed in the program itself. (ntrboothax installer -> ntrboot flasher)
I was using 0.1.2. Should I try to use 0.1.1?

Yerkz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I meant a different ds (3ds) to try reflashing it in, or maybe someone else's card to test in yours
I tried to flash it on my friend's DS Lite putting the official flasher on another flashcard, openning it, switching the cart and trying to flash, but i got a "fail" on the card check

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol