• Likes 128

cicciopas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What about sleep mode for 3.0.x?
I'm considering to upgrade to 5.1 (and my son want to play at fortnite on the switch, dho!)

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
What about sleep mode for 3.0.x?
I'm considering to upgrade to 5.1 (and my son want to play at fortnite on the switch, dho!)
Nothing yet.

You can upgrade and not have a warmboot CFW (where you don't need a dongle).
Or you can wait for atmosphere emunand and upgrade an sd card image of your switch's eMMC to play online.

In my case, I'll just upgrade, because I don't care for warmboot. (I use my phone when I'm away and I'm also waiting for my tiny "modchip"'s parts).
And I'm gonna use an internet disabled emunand for the CFW experience.

Mito551

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I understand correctly that no traces remain in the system other than on the sd card after a reboot? this won't get me banned if I just backup my nand and reboot my system?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I understand correctly that no traces remain in the system other than on the sd card after a reboot? this won't get me banned if I just backup my nand and reboot my system?
Everything you do right now in hekate environment (menu), except AutoRCM, can't be seen by Horizon.
Even if you boot CFW, it cannot be seen by 5.1.0.

We don't know if later versions will check the memory regions for the modified code though, when you use the launch firmware option.

Mito551

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Everything you do right now in hekate environment (menu), except AutoRCM, can't be seen by Horizon.
Even if you boot CFW, it cannot be seen by 5.1.0.

We don't know if later versions will check the memory regions for the modified code though, when you use the launch firmware option.

got it! thank you so much for the answer! so even if I decide to go for homebrew (looking at you, chocolate doom), I'm also fine and won't be banned, at least on the 5.1.0 FW? will you guys be able to see if horizon starts checking for homebrew and other code modifications in the future?

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
got it! thank you so much for the answer! so even if I decide to go for homebrew (looking at you, chocolate doom), I'm also fine and won't be banned, at least on the 5.1.0 FW? will you guys be able to see if horizon starts checking for homebrew and other code modifications in the future?
That's the plan.

Just make sure you don't run sth and crash. Otherwise you need to run nx-dreport.
Don't run cheats (memory based) or modify any savegame that has sth that is checked online and also make sure that you don't have the error reports uploading enabled.

Mito551

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's the plan.

Just make sure you don't run sth and crash. Otherwise you need to run nx-dreport.
Don't run cheats (memory based) or modify any savegame that has sth that is checked online and also make sure that you don't have the error reports uploading enabled.
amazing, thanks a lot! I'm not sure what sth and crash are, and now I need to google nx-dreport (or nx-deport?). all my plan was to run checkpoint and backup all the game saves, reboot and then continue using the system from the clean firmware ^^

cicciopas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can upgrade and not have a warmboot CFW (where you don't need a dongle).
Or you can wait for atmosphere emunand and upgrade an sd card image of your switch's eMMC to play online.

Thanks for your advice. I'll wait few more days before proceed to the fuse burn (panic music here)

Moko

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
sorry for the stupid question, but:
must the DNS server removed from the internetconnection before entering the homebrew app store?:unsure:

[edit]
ok, i found it: i must be disabled :)
[/edit]

Last edited by Moko,

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
amazing, thanks a lot! I'm not sure what sth and crash are, and now I need to google nx-dreport (or nx-deport?). all my plan was to run checkpoint and backup all the game saves, reboot and then continue using the system from the clean firmware ^^
Don't run something that may crash. First, check that is compatible with your update version.

sorry for the stupid question, but:
must the DNS server removed from the internetconnection before entering the homebrew app store?:unsure:

[edit]
ok, i found it: i must be disabled :)
[/edit]
Or better yet, use a dns server that has the App Store whitelisted.

moussa3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
My Switch is actually on 4.1.0 firmware version and I expect run Atmosphere when it will be released.
I want to update my OFW to 5.1.0 to play games like Pokemon Quest or Crash Bandicoot.
With my actual firmware, can I have a warmboot with atmosphère?
If I update, will I lose the possibility of the implementation of this feature in the future ?
And finally if I wait with my 4.1.0 and install warmboot with atmosphere can Nintendo detect my emunand updated to 5.1.0 when I go in the eshop or play online with my cardridge of Splatoon for example ?
Thanks for your answer

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Would you mind elaborating on this a little bit? AutoRCM can be seen by Nintendo in any case?
Not now. But may in the future.

Hi,
My Switch is actually on 4.1.0 firmware version and I expect run Atmosphere when it will be released.
I want to update my OFW to 5.1.0 to play games like Pokemon Quest or Crash Bandicoot.
If I update, will I lose the possibility of the implementation of this feature in the future ?
And finally if I wait with my 4.1.0 and install warmboot with atmosphere can Nintendo detect my emunand updated to 5.1.0 when I go in the eshop or play online with my cardridge of Splatoon for example ?
Thanks for your answer
Yeah you will lose this ability. Emunand is supposed to be undetectable. Because the system can't understand if it speaks to an eMMC or a SD card.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere will work with all system versions on all pre-Mariko units when it's released.

A browser method of launching CFW on 3.1.0-4.1.0 exists privately, but it probably won't be released for a very long time.

If you update to 5.1.0, it is very possible that you will never get a warmboot method of launching CFW. You will probably always require a jig/AutoRCM to enter RCM and run CFW.

It's impossible to know for sure what Nintendo will/won't be able to detect with regard to CFW usage. The risk is probably low, but it is still your risk to take.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not now. But may in the future.
It's probably because I'm extremely dense, but I'm still not getting what hypotheticals the "in the future" depends on. A firmware update? Something that is done on Nintendo's end?
I'm on 4.0.1 on my hacks Switch, and I have AutoRCM. Does AutoRCM store a byte or something in memory that Horizon sees? If I just use AutoRCM for Hekate does that not show up? I'm just confused, sorry.

CTCaer

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's probably because I'm extremely dense, but I'm still not getting what hypotheticals the "in the future" depends on. A firmware update? Something that is done on Nintendo's end?
I'm on 4.0.1 on my hacks Switch, and I have AutoRCM. Does AutoRCM store a byte or something in memory that Horizon sees? If I just use AutoRCM for Hekate does that not show up? I'm just confused, sorry.
A future firmware update, lets call it update 6.0.0, may have a new function which checks if BCT was tampered (AutoRCM).

But we never know what nintendo will do. So you have to always wait before updating.

So to sum it up, nintendo needs to update the firmware to implement these checks. Can't be done through internet, a game or an app (because permissions).

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
A future firmware update, lets call it update 6.0.0, may have a new function which checks if BCT was tampered (AutoRCM).
But we never know what nintendo will do. So you have to always wait before updating.
So to sum it up, nintendo needs to update the firmware to implement these checks. Can't be done through internet, a game or an app (because permissions).
Oh, ok. Gotcha. So I'm good on 4.0.1. Thanks for the clarification!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...