• Replies 3,248
  • Likes 128

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Your hbl is quite old. Around one month old. HBL is actually the files in atmosphere folder. Update them.

Ahh I thought I did but I might messed up in the process. When I get a chance I'll retry and report back. Thank you for your work.

I did messed up! Now with the correct SD files everything is working on 5.0.2. Thanks again!

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we waiting on nwert to fix sleep mode on 3.0.0, or is it something that could be fixed easily? I looked at the code and it looks to have what it needs for 3.0.0?

BakerxXxFiona

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something here. Sleep Mode is not working on 5.1 , the lcd stays black with light when i try to awake again.
same problem i had fixed by using another payload or revert your sd files back to what you were using before. Start over go slow

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
On a 4.0.1 Switch, I used Hekate CTCaer v2.3 with those SD files: https://gbatemp.net/threads/newest-hekate-sdfiles-zip.506280/

Everything seems to work fine so far:
- Homebrew channel menu instead of album works fine (I was able to launch Checkpoint)
- Sleep mode/wake up/docking work fine
- I can start a game, play with sleep mode: homebrew channel can still be launched after

Thank you for your great work! :-)

Reactions: chronoss and memomo

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
By the way, I am not sure it is possible to implement but it would be great if we could "select" the overrided application (in my opinion, "News" section is less useful than "Album" section).

Reactions: thaikhoa

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
By the way, I am not sure it is possible to implement but it would be great if we could "select" the overrided application (in my opinion, "News" section is less useful than "Album" section).
News won't work since it's not an applet even if it looks like one but others can. This one is a great alternative. It replaces the user page on the top right of the screen with the homebrew menu instead of album. https://gbatemp.net/threads/hbl-from-user-page-instead-of-album.506388/

Reactions: OperationNT

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the CFW included in this contain exFAT support or is it just in Hekate itself? Trying to figure out if I need a non SDXC card to actually run anything since after booting into CFW it tells me I need the update for SDXC.

Did some searching in the thread but all the SD card issues seemed to be related to backups in the bootloader, which worked fine, not in the CFW.

Are SDHC natively supported or should I get a base SD card?

Thank you!

EDIT: I found the SDfiles updated yesterday which answered the 5.1.0 support question but it appears to still not like SDXC cards so I'm assuming I'll need another SD card

Last edited by WTFsandwich,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the CFW included in this contain exFAT support or is it just in Hekate itself? Trying to figure out if I need a non SDXC card to actually run anything since after booting into CFW it tells me I need the update for SDXC.

Did some searching in the thread but all the SD card issues seemed to be related to backups in the bootloader, which worked fine, not in the CFW.

Also, as a small side question, does the most recent hbmenu in the OP work on 5.1.0 yet or is that still being worked on?

Thank you!
First, the CFW IS Hekate (if you consider Hekate a CFW). Second, exFAT support has to be installed onto the console whether from Nintendo's servers or by using a game dump that contains the same system update as your Switch. Third, yes homebrew menu now works on all firmwares. You can thank a 0-byte file titled rtld.stub

Reactions: WTFsandwich

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, the CFW IS Hekate (if you consider Hekate a CFW). Second, exFAT support has to be installed onto the console whether from Nintendo's servers or by using a game dump that contains the same system update as your Switch. Third, yes homebrew menu now works on all firmwares. You can thank a 0-byte file titled rtld.stub

I thought Hekate was the bootloader, my mistake. I don't think there's any dumps out with 5.1.0 from what I saw so I'll probably just have to get a new card. Are SDHC natively supported and able to be formatted in FAT32 or should I go basic SD?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought Hekate was the bootloader, my mistake. I don't think there's any dumps out with 5.1.0 from what I saw so I'll probably just have to get a new card. Are SDHC natively supported and able to be formatted in FAT32 or should I go basic SD?
Bootloader here would be the payload.bin being sent via USB so there's no SD card involved whatsoever. All micro SD cards are supported on the Switch. Natively, FAT32 is supported and the support for exFAT has to be obtained from Nintendo's servers. Something to do with saving money from Microsoft. I think the cap for FAT32 support with the Switch was 2 TB or something.

Reactions: WTFsandwich

WTFsandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootloader here would be the payload.bin being sent via USB so there's no SD card involved whatsoever. All micro SD cards are supported on the Switch. Natively, FAT32 is supported and the support for exFAT has to be obtained from Nintendo's servers. Something to do with saving money from Microsoft. I think the cap for FAT32 support with the Switch was 2 TB or something.
Wonderful. Thank you so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P