Razer Launches Its Own Digital Game Store, Razer Game Store

razer store.JPG

Aptly named Razer Game Store, the gaming peripheral giant Razer just announced its very own digital distribution platform for PC games - the Razer Game Store – which goes live in the US, UK, Germany and France today.

The online store is somewhat akin to the Humble Bundle or Green Man Gaming, where games are delivered in the form of Steam or Uplay product keys. The company also promises to sell only officially authorized keys, provide Razer rewards for every purchase and Razer Exclusive Deals. Rewards come in the form of Razer’s virtual currency zSilver which come with every game purchase and can subsequently be used for other store purchases.

As for the Razer Exclusives, customers can expect to see a new selection of exclusives and rewards on a rotating group of four games each week. The first selection of Razer Exclusives include: "Far Cry 5", "Assassin's Creed: Origins", "Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom", and "Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus". Not only are these games discounted up to 50%, but their purchase includes a Razer Game Store voucher of up to $15, double zSilver rewards, and a $10 voucher on Razer peripherals purchased on Razer Store.

As part of a launch promotion, there is a 75% on Ubisoft games like "Assassin's Creed Origins", "Watch Dogs 2," "Far Cry 4," "South Park: The Fractured but Whole", and "Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: SIEGE" on the new store.

And last for the launch celebration is a Furi giveaway. 10,000 Steam keys for the indie game sponsored by the Razer Game Store will be given out on a first come first serve basis.

The Razer Game Store is currently live in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, and France and other European countries can access an English version of the store with prices in Euro. Customers from other countries have access to the global store with prices in U.S. dollars.

:arrow: Razer Game Store

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first I thought it was another Client, with a different library and such(like damn twitch). But using it for steam is smarter, because no one wants another game client.

But this looks interesting
Here I was thinking the opposite. It would have been more interesting, if it was it own thing.

If that's the case, I argue that people don't want yet another middleman for Clients.

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The more the merrier.

Too bad about the vouchers that the only razer products I'm slightly interested as of now are mice and my deathadder is still good to go for a year or two.

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Too bad the site is a hell to log in to. They also made a Furi giveaway but they ended it after an hour and most people didn't get it because they kept getting "502 Bad Gateway" error.
I still can't log in effectively, I keep getting kicked out.

D

Deleted User

At first I thought it was another Client, with a different library and such(like damn twitch). But using it for steam is smarter, because no one wants another game client.

But this looks interesting
I was about to say, too. I've already got 3 different clients running on my PC, I don't need another one to add onto that.

I mean, it's nice that we have a bit of selection and whatnot, but, more often than not, it's a chance for these companies to release their games in an ecosystem they have total control over. The fact that this is just a distribution site for Steam keys gives me hope, however.

Reactions: DeoNaught

ThePJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old game titles on sale? No thanks.
Last time I used their software, Razer Synapse(?), it sucks. That was 2 years ago.
No idea if it's good now.

What's next? Hah! Logitech is going to re-DRM GOG titles to bundle into an app to shove crappy skype camera offers in our face.

Logitech, the Pauly Shore of hardware peripherals.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Here I was thinking the opposite. It would have been more interesting, if it was it own thing.

If that's the case, I argue that people don't want yet another middleman for Clients.
Don't want a middleman and sure as hell don't need another client mucking things up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What's next? Hah! Logitech is going to re-DRM GOG titles to bundle into an app to shove crappy skype camera offers in our face.

Logitech, the Pauly Shore of hardware peripherals.
You say that... But Logitech has useful hardware... Not to mention amazing customer support.

chirogan

The Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well I was thinking that it would be nice if this is another client. Competition is healthy and we don't want games monopolized By 1 or 2 companies.

Edit: well. It sounds like it's another subscription service like PSN.

Last edited by chirogan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1