Hacking RawkSD

Booo95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems I have a problem. Notes are dropping fairly frequently on guitar and I don't know why. I don't think it's a lag problem as I tried many calibration settings (from automatic to manually going through several combinations of audio and video calibration) and that didn't fix. Even on disc songs are effected. This only happens when booting from RawkSD, playing Rock Band 2 through the disc channel has no problems with it.

Otherwise, I'd have to say this is top notch work, great to see what's essentially a patch (though it may actually work like one, I don't know) be on the Wii. I hope to see it come to Rock Band 3 eventually as I would enjoy the importing and USB options of RawkSD with Rock Band 3's sorting system.

JMFangio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I finally managed to import GH:WOR.

However, I noticed a problem with the Expert drum track on a couple of songs: every bass drum note has an extraneous green note added (meaning in some instance there are 3 pads + the pedal to hit at the same time
unsure.gif
"Interstate love song" and "Losing my religion" are the only two where I have noticed this so far (I haven't had time to play much).

I have not noticed this in other imports from the GH series (I have GH:VH, GH:M, and GH5 in addtion to GH:WOR), nor in any RB series import. GH:WOR is the only one I had to import by making an ISO, all the other ones were ripped directly from the Wii drive with the RawkSD Wii app. Not sure if there is connection. Probably not.

I have also noticed that on very fast-paced songs, the background animations look like they're on fast-forward, but that is not a big deal a it doesn't impact gameplay.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JMFangio said:
I finally managed to import GH:WOR.

However, I noticed a problem with the Expert drum track on a couple of songs: every bass drum note has an extraneous green note added (meaning in some instance there are 3 pads + the pedal to hit at the same time
unsure.gif
"Interstate love song" and "Losing my religion" are the only two where I have noticed this so far (I haven't had time to play much).

Yeah, I've had some extra notes thrown in on Hard to See and a few others. Will nag later.

AtomBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HI, I couldn't find the answer so...

Is it possible to play custom and downloads from the same SD card at the same time?

I have some legit downloads and customs on the same card. But when I launch RAWK, I an see and play the customs but not the downloads. A nd obviously when I launch the game normally I can see and play the downloads but not the customs. Is this normal or I am doing something wrong? If this is normal, any chance this will change in the future.

Thanx in advance

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have Rock Band 3 then your RB2 DLC cache files are probably deleted. You have to go to the store and download a song from each 'generation' until all your purchased DLC shows up. RB3 will delete the files again.

Edit: I fail... You said the songs are there when the game is booted normally...
Might as well try redownloading something after running RawkSD to see what happens anyway.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Band 2 for the Wii for $9.99 plus $2.28 shipping at goHastings.com

I was looking for Rock Band 2 for the Wii on Google Checkout, and it was showing at $19.99 on goHastings.com.
I went in out of curiosity, and the games actually is on sale for $9.99 (shipping for me is $2.28).
If you do a search for the game on their website, it does not show up, but following the link from Google Checkout works.
I was able to place my order a few minutes ago.

Note: this is the game only, no instruments included.

Direct Link to Product

Google Checkout Product Entry (might have to expand to show all merchants)

Best Regards.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AtomBoy said:
I have some legit downloads and customs on the same card. But when I launch RAWK, I an see and play the customs but not the downloads. A nd obviously when I launch the game normally I can see and play the downloads but not the customs. Is this normal or I am doing something wrong? If this is normal, any chance this will change in the future.
You should be able to play legit downloads using rawksd. The only reason they wouldn't show up is if they weren't legit; if you've used the "DLC unlock" wads they won't work, even if you only have properly purchased songs present.

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must have the lamest hard drive in the world. I was trying to get my Hard drive to read the rawk 3 stuff but it wouldn't.
So, I go and get a 16gig flash drive and it works great. Fast forward 2 weeks later, and now the hard drive works with Rawk.
Today it doesn't want to work. I think my HD is bipolar.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an easy way to add game abbreviations as suffix to titles of the songs after I have imprted them?
I have a bunch imported already and thought it would look cleaner with just the title, but now I wish I could tell what game each song came from without having to change the sorting to "location".

Thanks.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
themanuel said:
Is there an easy way to add game abbreviations as suffix to titles of the songs after I have imprted them?
I have a bunch imported already and thought it would look cleaner with just the title, but now I wish I could tell what game each song came from without having to change the sorting to "location".

Thanks.

There's a solution, but I forget it... something about re-installing locally? It's something simple.

In the meantime, even though there's no customs for RB3 on Wii, I made this.
tongue.gif

Chords are screwy, but it's a learning process, I tell yeh!

gaos74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi.

My will is 4.2 softmodded and modchipped (wiikey v1).

In case I run Rock Band 2 with a burnt DVD it will be compatible with Rawksd v3?

I also noticed that Rawksd v3 updates CIOS37 to an unpatched version.

Does this mean that I will no longer be able to play GH/RB games via Configurable Usb Loader and IOS 223(37)?

Will I have to reinstall the patched CIOS37 everytime I want to run GH/RB images via Configurable USB loader?

Could someone clarify?

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
There's a solution, but I forget it... something about re-installing locally? It's something simple.

tongue.gif

Well, yeah, I suppose I could re-install them all but that takes a really long time.
That's why I was hoping there might be an easier way.

I take it you made this song up? If so, you rawk!

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gaos74 said:
Hi.

My will is 4.2 softmodded and modchipped (wiikey v1).

In case I run Rock Band 2 with a burnt DVD it will be compatible with Rawksd v3?

I also noticed that Rawksd v3 updates CIOS37 to an unpatched version.

Does this mean that I will no longer be able to play GH/RB games via Configurable Usb Loader and IOS 223(37)?

Will I have to reinstall the patched CIOS37 everytime I want to run GH/RB images via Configurable USB loader?

Could someone clarify?

You need a legit disc, and you won't get help or support without it.

themanuel said:
QUOTE(SFenton @ Jan 21 2011, 03:03 PM) There's a solution, but I forget it... something about re-installing locally? It's something simple.

tongue.gif

Well, yeah, I suppose I could re-install them all but that takes a really long time.
That's why I was hoping there might be an easier way.

I take it you made this song up? If so, you rawk!

No no, I mean it's REALLY simple. Simpler than reinstallation.

Yeah, my brother and I made it.
tongue.gif
We like making music.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
themanuel said:

Thanks.

Customs -> Refresh Song Data or whatever it's called.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:

I don't see any such option.
I'm using version 3.0 beta 4.
The closest I see if "Refresh Data" under "Songs", but it does nothing, even if I have an image open.

I should clarify that I have installed all the songs directly to the storage device, without keeping local copies in an intermediate format.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
OncleJulien said:
AerialX said:
or whatever its called?

Eloi Eloi, lama sabachthani?

Hey, I don't remember what I name menu items I never use and didn't have it handy to check. I'm perfect, why ever would I need to retag my music?

themanuel said:
QUOTE(AerialX @ Jan 24 2011, 01:39 PM)

I don't see any such option.
I'm using version 3.0 beta 4.
The closest I see if "Refresh Data" under "Songs", but it does nothing, even if I have an image open.

I should clarify that I have installed all the songs directly to the storage device, without keeping local copies in an intermediate format.
Right, that's it. When selecting the song and choosing that, it should rename it. If not, that's a bug so report it.
Note that you need to actually set the import title setting to postfix before doing this, of course.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: j cole apologized and took back his diss, drake didn't, and got flamed by kendrick in another...