Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heathcliff said:
thc42O said:
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE THAT WOULD KNOW HOW TO SYNC UP ALL INSTRUMENTS ON A MID FILE. I have .midis that have vox guitar bass and drums for all difficulties
but i cant sync them properly.
I tried the feedback time - audicity first guitar note = offset, it does not work please someone help out and ill gladly share my collection
I can give it a try! Just PM me and I'll do my best.

so i pm'd u the midi files hopefully if u can get em synced up ull Pm me how to do it or files that
have been sync'd up perfectly
smile.gif

stq19rbl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It works now for me (thanks to ClockWork) with IOS37 with DIP patch installed as IOS232 by "Multi cIOS installer" and Softchip R99 configured to use IOS232.

Enjoy !

Thanks everybody, it's just awesome !

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
armageddan said:
OncleJulien said:
armageddan said:
what backup loader do you guys use for this?
none.

but it's also supposed to work for backups. at least from what i know/heard.

As long as the backup is loaded from the Disc Channel.

I use a backup of Rock Band 2 and I have a modchip and Custom DLC works great.

Grinto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some issues getting some drum customs to work.

I can get the songs to work if I'm using a multi-channel audio file, but when I only have a single stereo track mp3 or ogg to work with, the game freezes when trying to play using drums. The "add empty drum track" option doesn't help, and neither does assigning three channels to drums like I've seen mentioned elsewhere in the thread. Is there something I'm forgetting here?

I got my .mid files from the frets on fire fan forums if that makes a difference at all. They're supposedly extracted from the official dlc.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean by recent cIOS releases? does that include things like cIOS38r12 installer and hermes' cIOS 222 installer? cause i needed those things to get my mic working. ive also heard ppl who have gotten original copies of RB2 and not being able to get their mic to work unless they installed a certain cIOS, like cIOS38r12. but with it then, you'd still have no access to sd/usb loaders for an original copy. =(
is it still possible at all though, since i have not a burned copy, but an iso of rock band 2 on my wbfs partitioned usb flash drive. would i have to make 2 partitions then on my flash drive if i want DLC on one partition, while having bootable isos on the other? im kinda really confused...i need help here!

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Grinto said:
I'm having some issues getting some drum customs to work.

I can get the songs to work if I'm using a multi-channel audio file, but when I only have a single stereo track mp3 or ogg to work with, the game freezes when trying to play using drums. The "add empty drum track" option doesn't help, and neither does assigning three channels to drums like I've seen mentioned elsewhere in the thread. Is there something I'm forgetting here?

I got my .mid files from the frets on fire fan forums if that makes a difference at all. They're supposedly extracted from the official dlc.

ONLY CHECK "fix for quick play " Box and itll work, but it wont be in sync, if u have figured out how to sync all the instruments to an mp3 please post a guide

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
what do you mean by recent cIOS releases? does that include things like cIOS38r12 installer and hermes' cIOS 222 installer? cause i needed those things to get my mic working. ive also heard ppl who have gotten original copies of RB2 and not being able to get their mic to work unless they installed a certain cIOS, like cIOS38r12. but with it then, you'd still have no access to sd/usb loaders for an original copy. =(
is it still possible at all though, since i have not a burned copy, but an iso of rock band 2 on my wbfs partitioned usb flash drive. would i have to make 2 partitions then on my flash drive if i want DLC on one partition, while having bootable isos on the other? im kinda really confused...i need help here!

Hiro77

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
HaloBenish said:
If you compile all the OGGs into one multichannel ogg the offset should be 0.

Could somebody please explain me how to do the compiling?
(I have many Frets on Fire songs I'd like to convert for RB!!)
Thanks!

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to import FOF songs that contain multiple .ogg files:

1. Use the latest version of Audacity (beta 1.3) to compile the four .ogg files into one multi-channel .ogg.
2. To do so, open Audacity and go to Preferences. Under Import / Export check When Exporting Tracks to an Audio File Use Custom Mix.
3. Import each instrument .ogg into your project window ( CTRL + Shift + I ).
4. Hit CTRL + A to select all the instrument channels and choose Export Selection.
5. Name your combined .ogg file and select where you want to save it on your hard drive.
6. In RAWKSD, create a new custom and select the multi-channel .ogg you created as the audio file.
7. Then select the notes.mid file as the chart. If you have a notes-unedited.mid file you can uncheck the fix for quickplay option. The notes-unedited file contains all the correct camera and instrument motions, which will be changed to the generic fillers if you leave the quickplay option checked.

8. Note which channels you set for each instrument in Audacity and check these accordingly in RAWDSD. I use this setup:

Guitar – 1-2
Rhythm (Bass) – 3-4
Drums – 5-6
Song (Vocals) – 7-8

9. Set up your audio options for volume and balance. Odd numbered channels should be balanced to the left at -1. Even numbered channels should be balanced to the right at 1.

10. For volume, start with these settings and adjust accordingly: guitar channels set at -2.3, bass channels set at -2, drum channels set at -1.5, and vocal/song channels set at -2.

11. To fill in your track information for album, year, part difficulty, etc. open the song .ini file with Notepad and copy the information from there. Remember to give each instrument a difficulty, even if the .ini says that part is 0.

12. Install to SD like you would any other RAWKSD file.
13. Enjoy!

And could someone who has imported GH2 tell me how their Shout at the Devil plays?

Another thing I'm wondering is if we could get an explanation of the advanced options.

medeiros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
people I 'm having a big problem.

My wii is 3.2 system and I have the cIOSCORP installed.I install properly the music with RawkSD,but now my problem appears.

When I go to rock band 2 to play the customs,the music loads correctly.However when the music starts,there's a text and say for me to re-download the DLC,because the license for it was deleted from wii system memory.

Please,I need help!!!

medeiros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
stq19rbl said:
Try with multicIOS installer : IOS37 with DIP patch as IOS232, then use Softchip to load...

First I installed the cIOS37 dip patch as IOS232 with the multi cios installer by mrkinator.After I installed the softchip channel version R99 and the softchip channel rock band version.

I tried now with softchip R99 and selected IOS 232(rev 7),but the message still there ! Than I tried with softchip rock band,but nothing happened,the problem still there.

T tried than with cIOS37,36,55 and IOS249.Nothing.

I install too the IOS222 and tried to,but nothing happened!

And now when I go to disc channel my rock band 2 needs an firmware update.

Please people I need a lot of help to solute this problem with my DLC!

hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

Herg

PogoShell Dev
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
I just started playing around with RawkSD a couple days ago, and I must say it is awesome.

I'm working on converting FoF customs, and trying to streamline the process. I wrote the Linux script below, and it really helps in combining separate ogg files into a single multitrack one. From where you run it, it looks in each folder for the ogg files and creates any silence tracks necessary to make a "standard" multitrack ogg. I'm also attempting to adjust the volume of each track to get them to mix nicely, but I haven't tweaked it much yet.
CODE
for folder in *
do

if [ -d "$folder" ]
then

cd "$folder"

echo $folder

dd if=/dev/zero of=silence.raw bs=44100 count=2 > /dev/null 2>&1
sox -t raw -r 44100 -s -w silence.raw -c 1 silence.wav

if [ -f song.ogg ];
then
sox song.ogg -c 1 song_1t.wav vol 0.6
else
cp silence.wav song_1t.wav
fi

if [ -f vocals.ogg ];
then
sox vocals.ogg -c 1 vocals_1t.wav vol 0.6
else
cp silence.wav vocals_1t.wav
fi

if [ -f rhythm.ogg ];
then
sox rhythm.ogg -c 1 rhythm_1t.wav vol 0.5
else
cp silence.wav rhythm_1t.wav
fi

if [ -f guitar.ogg ];
then
sox guitar.ogg guitar_2t.wav vol 0.5
else
sox silence.wav -c 2 guitar_2t.wav
fi

if [ -f drums.ogg ];
then
sox -M drums.ogg drums.ogg drums_4t.wav vol 0.4
else
sox silence.wav -c 4 drums_4t.wav
fi

sox -M drums_4t.wav rhythm_1t.wav guitar_2t.wav vocals_1t.wav song_1t.wav combined_9t.wav
sox combined_9t.wav combined_9t.ogg

cd ..

fi

done

It may be my imagination, but it seems like the audio quality is better if the input audio has the following numbers of channels:
Drums - 4
Bass - 1
Guitar - 2
Vocals - 1
Songs - 1

It would be nice if there were a button that allowed importing song info from the song.ini.

Also, does anyone know how the Difficulty Tier gets mapped into the number of dots on the song select screens. It's not as simple as 3.00 equals 3 dots, but I haven't fully explored it yet.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ A script such as that would definitely be helpful. Can't wait until you tweak it. I've been going through and manually combining files and copying and pasting from song.ini files. I've done nearly 80 or so tracks this way and having both your script and an import song data from ini feature would have made it much, much simpler.

As for the difficulty tier question, I asked this some time ago and never got a response. It's something I'd like to know as well.

Also, I'm wondering about the base points setting for customs. by default, it's 50,000, but even on the hardest difficulties I don't have a problem getting 5 stars. Do you know if 50000 is the true baseline for all RB songs? If not, how do you think we could find the correct setting for those FOF files?

And do you know anything about any of the other advanced settings?

As for your suggestion of channel layout, that is what the structure followed by the imported Rock Band files. 9 channels total. Can you really tell a difference though?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1