Hacking RawkSD

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Havent tried the solution yet but thanks for getting back so quick Aerielx

An idea i had about the Wii Installer, is it viable to break the installer into two parts, one the Card prep and one to install the Customs?
Theres two scenarios i can think where this may help
1) If i have the Wii at OK/Cancel waiting for the PC Installer before inserting the Card, then i cant use the Wii and also dont want to use the PC incase it crashes RawkSD or slows down the Installer. So you're kinda stuck waiting. Be nice to have a blast on the Wii for 10 mins while i wait.
2) I cant always get to the PC straight after using the Wii, itd be nice to Prep the SDcard and later do some installing on the PC, then later when i can get to the Wii again i start the 2nd part to install to the Wii. I dont want to leave the Wii hours waiting for me to get back to it.
Just an idea
smile.gif

Edit - Oh and yeah im pretty sure i have the updated RawkSD, i got here pretty late after you post that you'd updated, ill try the folder method tho now

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
DarkChili said:
I'm having a problem with a custom. I got a beatles custom RB track off of scorehero and I'm using a 5.1 audiotrack that I edited for the music, mogg audio, and the drum track freezes. I didn't have a blank drum track because I mapped it to the first and 2nd track of the mogg file. Do the drums have to be at the end or what's my problem?
I've found that the drum track freezes if you have less than 3 audio channels mapped to it. My Add Empty Drum Track hack also in the background makes it actually map drums to the same track 3 times. So, you need to add one more track to the audio and map it. Just use the Add Empty Drum Track option, it'll do that for you and map the drums to those three tracks. I'll keep in mind to next time try forcing it to work with 2 tracks instead of just one or three.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
crezwell said:
Havent tried the solution yet but thanks for getting back so quick Aerielx

An idea i had about the Wii Installer, is it viable to break the installer into two parts, one the Card prep and one to install the Customs?
Theres two scenarios i can think where this may help
1) If i have the Wii at OK/Cancel waiting for the PC Installer before inserting the Card, then i cant use the Wii and also dont want to use the PC incase it crashes RawkSD or slows down the Installer. So you're kinda stuck waiting. Be nice to have a blast on the Wii for 10 mins while i wait.
You can install the songs onto the SD card before even using the Wii. Then quickly do the OK/Cancel menu, take the SD card to a PC, click the Customs -> Update SD Card menu, which operates instantaneously, then put it back in the Wii and press OK. It takes 1 minute
tongue.gif

crezwell said:
2) I cant always get to the PC straight after using the Wii, itd be nice to Prep the SDcard and later do some installing on the PC, then later when i can get to the Wii again i start the 2nd part to install to the Wii. I dont want to leave the Wii hours waiting for me to get back to it.
Just an idea
smile.gif

Maybe, though again... You can do the installing which takes a while without the installer, then quickly update the save when you need to.

QUOTE(crezwell @ Jul 4 2009, 04:05 PM)
Edit - Oh and yeah im pretty sure i have the updated RawkSD, i got here pretty late after you post that you'd updated, ill try the folder method tho now
I'll look into it myself then... I could've broke something >.>

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i just imported a bunch of rb1 songs and it's all working great. thanks a bunch for releasing this!

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
2) To all the people getting the "out of date" message, it's about which IOS you're running Rock Band 2 under. If you're running it under a different IOS than you normally do (say, cIOS), then you will find your normal DLC out of date (redownloading it under the IOS that works with RawkSD is a simple solution). If you're running it under a cIOS based on IOS37 (which is cIOScorp for backups, the RawkSD patcher for retail discs, or modchips; hint: you need to run the patcher if you have a retail disc or modchip backup), it should work. If it says the out of date message and you know you're running it with IOS37, chances are you didn't patch it to include fakesigning (use the RawkSD patcher)

It works now
smile.gif

The first time I tried the DLC I didn't use the patch that came with it. The second time I installed the patch, but didn't update the DLC and then it still didn't work.
After that I deleted everything that had to do with rawkSD, except for the apps map. Installed the DLC again and then it worked
smile.gif

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok got it working

I created the folder on my SDCard. I also did the "Update SD Save" before installing on PC. A box popped up about "if you havent got current DLC, etc" which hadnt been mentioned anywhere else so wasnt a step i knew about.
So not sure which part clinched it for me, but id say Alex Rose if you try what i did you should get it working.
Great app btw, and not cus its now working!!
smile.gif

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
DarkChili said:
I'm having a problem with a custom. I got a beatles custom RB track off of scorehero and I'm using a 5.1 audiotrack that I edited for the music, mogg audio, and the drum track freezes. I didn't have a blank drum track because I mapped it to the first and 2nd track of the mogg file. Do the drums have to be at the end or what's my problem?
I've found that the drum track freezes if you have less than 3 audio channels mapped to it. My Add Empty Drum Track hack also in the background makes it actually map drums to the same track 3 times. So, you need to add one more track to the audio and map it. Just use the Add Empty Drum Track option, it'll do that for you and map the drums to those three tracks. I'll keep in mind to next time try forcing it to work with 2 tracks instead of just one or three.
Ok, now before I read that, I ended up bsing the thing by mixing the drums into mono, then setting it so the drums are set to that mono track only, and it worked, but now I'm gonna redo it using your method cause mono is no bueno... but it is the beatles and they lived in mono world...

eric_4_life

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just can't do it!!! I've spent like 2 hours trying to get this to work... No matter what I do, the songs do not appear in the RB set list

HaloBenish

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My songs appear in the setlist but when I try to play them, I get an "The song could not be copied over to the Wii" error, my real DLC still works though...

Also, I now have 2 RockBand DLC save files (both 1 block big) on my wii along with the RAWKSD file...

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
@eric: Insert SD card, load Rawk SD importer, click import songs, then immediately take the sd card out, put it in your pc, import the songs onto your card, update the save, take it back to the wii while it's still on that screen and press import.

Right, the folder fix worked, however I have the out of date thing.

I can get USB instruments to work fine, I always have been able to. On USB I use Hermes' ios223 with uloader (merge 36 with 37) and on softchip I used merge 36 with 37 too and it's always worked, however this DLC is not working. How am I meant to get this to work? Now that it's been patched do I have to reinstall the cios with the patched ios37 or something? I'm not understanding how to do this.

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
honeypa said:
fubka said:
honeypa said:
When I try to play a guitar hero 3 custom song on rock band 2. It freezes on me during the load screen in quickplay or practice. Everything worked fine up till then, I was even able to hear the preview of the song. Any reason as to why it would crash?
Do the blank drum track option?

Can't do that because I imported the songs from the disc, customs song on GH3.
Drums wouldn't be a problem considering that GH3 custom discs don't have drum charts (plus, the drum crash only happens if someone is actually *playing* drums, not if it's just present in the chart). If you want me to look into it, send me the "chart" file in the folder for this custom under the "customs" folder, inside wherever you have RawkSD. I don't know if I'll get a chance tomorrow to look at it (chances are I'll be busy just generally getting customs working properly), but I'll try to see what's going on.

I've sent you the chart, the link should be in your PM. Hope you can take a look at it today and find out whats the problem.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this just....isn't fair. *sigh* It's just my luck though. Well, I started up RawkSD's .exe and I went to go import from my GHIIII.iso....and I ticked maybe four songs, tried importing and....Rawk SD crashed. almost immediately. I tried again, with one song this time. Again, it crashed in no time flat. Irritated, I tried using a Frets on Fire pack, Through the Fire and flames. I opened up the new song creator, picked out song.ogg, and notes.mid, and added it, I got a small status bar screen, it went about 1/4 of the way--AND...it crashed. I'm really wanting to try this out and agitated that it isn't working. How can I resolve this? Thank you to whoever answers.

Dantheman0721

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, thanks to everyone invloved for making this. But I seem to be getting the same error when creating a custom. After its done doing somehting with the audio, Rawksd crashes.

Also, maybe I'm the only one confused. The charts I get on Scorehero are in .chart form. I can't find a .mid form. Is that normal. Do I just rename it. Am I the only one confused by that? Again though, thanks to all :)Cant wait to get customs working. I want to play som damn Zeppelin!

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Dantheman0721 said:
First off, thanks to everyone invloved for making this. But I seem to be getting the same error when creating a custom. After its done doing somehting with the audio, Rawksd crashes.

Also, maybe I'm the only one confused. The charts I get on Scorehero are in .chart form. I can't find a .mid form. Is that normal. Do I just rename it. Am I the only one confused by that? Again though, thanks to all :)Cant wait to get customs working. I want to play som damn Zeppelin!
There's a converter application called Chart2Mid. I think it's a Java file. You run that, put the .chart in there, and you get a .mid output. It works just fine for FoF, TheGHOST, and should even work for RawkSD.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Dantheman0721 said:

Dammit all! I tried this on two other computers and it still crashes on me!
hate2.gif

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've just uploaded a new build. Hopefully this should fix the issues people have been having with crashes when installing to SD, and it also works better with various custom MIDI files (I've tested plenty of FoF-guitar customs, converted GH charts, and full-band RB customs; it seems that FoF-drum customs might still have issues, however). It also makes a few more tracks exportable from the Guitar Hero: Aerosmith disc. So, same download link.

honeypa said:
I've sent you the chart, the link should be in your PM. Hope you can take a look at it today and find out whats the problem.
Yeah, I got it. I looked at it, but I'm not really sure why it's crashing... I'll have to look into it later :/

QUOTE(Gamemaster1379 @ Jul 4 2009, 08:00 PM) Wow, this just....isn't fair. *sigh* It's just my luck though. Well, I started up RawkSD's .exe and I went to go import from my GHIIII.iso....and I ticked maybe four songs, tried importing and....Rawk SD crashed. almost immediately. I tried again, with one song this time. Again, it crashed in no time flat. Irritated, I tried using a Frets on Fire pack, Through the Fire and flames. I opened up the new song creator, picked out song.ogg, and notes.mid, and added it, I got a small status bar screen, it went about 1/4 of the way--AND...it crashed. I'm really wanting to try this out and agitated that it isn't working. How can I resolve this? Thank you to whoever answers.
Try creating a new custom and only include the audio, and then only the chart. Tell me which one crashes... It might be that your system won't run the RawkAudio.dll, which I believe requires a recent Visual C Runtime installed? I'm not sure, I'll have to ask tueidj.

Hint for people: IRC is the fastest way to get your questions answered.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only crashing i've experienced has been when the sd card disk space runs out...it fails gracelessly.

thanks to all involved, although i have already filled up my 4gb sd card and then cried a little, this is just genius, as are all of you involved in this project.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
AerialX, oddly enough, I just redownloaded the fine and everything worked...flawlessly.

Now then, I've got just one more error. I used the patching from RawkSD for IOS37, now CIOSCORP no longer loads discs from the disc channel. The USB Loader says I need to redownload my song file, and I can't rn my backup from the backup launcher because I...never did figure it out. I have v0.3 Gamma with that internface that never does everything no matter what I press.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь