misenial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First of all, THANK YOU and congratulations for this
smile.gif
I've been following the RawkSD thread for months now and I'm very happy that this has been released.

I have a noob question before installing it: is the IOS patching thing easily undoable if it creates any problem in the future? Does it alter any 'official' system files, or installs to IOS249 or something? (sorry if this question doesn't make sense, I'm not sure I understand 100% how the IOSes work).

Thank you and congrats again
smile.gif

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, i guess my cIOS was not patched, ran the RawkSD installer (with network enabled this time doh) and I have now installed custom DLC from the Classic Rock track pack).

wertyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did everything the directions told me. I imported the iso of gh3 and got the song installed on the sd then I ran all the installers and the song didn't show up. So then I tried installing it to the SD card again and ran the RAWK installer two more times and still nothing. Why isn't it working?

lyoozero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
lyoozero said:
I tried do play a custom, but it didn't work. Right when the game loaded, you know when the game shows the character you are using, I heard the same when you complete a star, and when the song started there were 3 gold stars... I was like WTH!? The song was playing but notes weren't coming, and about 7 seconds later, the game froze.
Also I just finished recording my Thunderstruck sightread, and I'll be uploading it soon.
And by the way, the GUI for the installer is AWESOME.

Here is my video.
I'm still having trouble with customs. I tried another song got exactly the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

nicko68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will ISO extractions made by WBFS Manager (with files originally created by USB Loader) work ok? I noticed Super Dumper said something about 1:1 backups and that USB Loader doesn't do those.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Robotic Earthling said:
Um... It's taking about 8 minutes to install each song to the SD card. Is it supposed to take that long?

Because at this rate it's going to take about 11 hours to install 1.5 GB of RB songs.

EDIT: Thanks AerialX, that worked fine.
Redownload it from the same link, I fixed the SD writing speed. As well as another bug; I suggest everyone redownload it (just unzip it over your current stuff).

lyoozero said:
I tried do play a custom, but it didn't work. Right when the game loaded, you know when the game shows the character you are using, I heard the same when you complete a star, and when the song started there were 3 gold stars... I was like WTH!? The song was playing but notes weren't coming, and about 7 seconds later, the game froze.
Also I just finished recording my Thunderstruck sightread, and I'll be uploading it soon.
RawkSD might be having trouble with the note chart. Send it to me and I'll check. You can also uncheck the "Fix for Quickplay" when replacing the file, just try it and see if it at least works in Practice mode.

misenial said:
First of all, THANK YOU and congratulations for this
smile.gif
I've been following the RawkSD thread for months now and I'm very happy that this has been released.

I have a noob question before installing it: is the IOS patching thing easily undoable if it creates any problem in the future? Does it alter any 'official' system files, or installs to IOS249 or something? (sorry if this question doesn't make sense, I'm not sure I understand 100% how the IOSes work).

Thank you and congrats again
smile.gif
The patcher puts fakesigning into IOS37. You can just update that IOS, install a WAD from disc, etc. to reverse it.

QUOTE(wertyer @ Jul 3 2009, 08:53 PM)
I did everything the directions told me. I imported the iso of gh3 and got the song installed on the sd then I ran all the installers and the song didn't show up. So then I tried installing it to the SD card again and ran the RAWK installer two more times and still nothing. Why isn't it working?
Did you run the installers in the proper order? You have to start the "Install" process on your Wii. Then it tells you to wait, don't press "OK" yet. Take the SD card out, put it in the PC, run the PC installer. If you've already installed customs onto the SD card, use the Customs -> Update SD Save menu item. Then take the SD card out, put it back in the Wii, and press "OK" to finish the process. Then they should show up.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
fubka said:
should i have the latest cIOS? I think i am way back at 8 or so
cIOS versions don't work well with RawkSD, if you read the first post. Though the installer doesn't use cIOS at all, it uses IOS37. Did you run the patcher first?

QUOTE(nicko68 @ Jul 3 2009, 09:10 PM) Will ISO extractions made by WBFS Manager (with files originally created by USB Loader) work ok? I noticed Super Dumper said something about 1:1 backups and that USB Loader doesn't do those.
They should work fine.

Rock Band

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be a bit off topic, I would love to use this thing but I'm having trouble with dumping. I have Superdump booted up in the homebrew channel and no matter what options I select, it keeps saying "Error reading sector data" Am I missing something or do I not have the right options set? I'm trying to dump my RB1 disc onto my empty SD card with enough space. I posted this in the other thread but nobody saw it. Sorry I'm a noob and don't know a lot of this vocab yet.

lyoozero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
AerialX said:
lyoozero said:
RawkSD might be having trouble with the note chart. Send it to me and I'll check. You can also uncheck the "Fix for Quickplay" when replacing the file, just try it and see if it at least works in Practice mode.
With "Fix for Quickplay" unchecked, the game froze on the loading screen when I chose "Full Song" on Practice Mode. I'll send you the chart then.

wertyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
wertyer said:
Did you run the installers in the proper order? You have to start the "Install" process on your Wii. Then it tells you to wait, don't press "OK" yet. Take the SD card out, put it in the PC, run the PC installer. If you've already installed customs onto the SD card, use the Customs -> Update SD Save menu item. Then take the SD card out, put it back in the Wii, and press "OK" to finish the process. Then they should show up.

Thanks it worked (i feel stupid lol)!!! Although I have another problem (with the program itself). I ripped the ark files and the hdr file from the ps2 version of RB1 and then I load them into rawk sd and it shows me all the songs. Then as soon I try to import one it crashed (it worked fine with gh3(wii version). Am I just having a random computer problem or do I need the get the wii iso?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
Rock Band said:
This might be a bit off topic, I would love to use this thing but I'm having trouble with dumping. I have Superdump booted up in the homebrew channel and no matter what options I select, it keeps saying "Error reading sector data" Am I missing something or do I not have the right options set? I'm trying to dump my RB1 disc onto my empty SD card with enough space. I posted this in the other thread but nobody saw it. Sorry I'm a noob and don't know a lot of this vocab yet.
I believe you might need a cIOS installed for it to dump properly. tueidj would be the one to ask.

parrurreichon said:
aww just at 80% of dumping the part 5 of 5 of my RB disk, the dumper says error reading, well ill check out rawksd tomorrow
It might still have dumped enough to get the songs off the disc properly. So, you could always try merging them anyway and giving the ISO to RawkSD.

You can also always continuing from part 5 again with the dumper.

QUOTE(wertyer @ Jul 3 2009, 09:42 PM)
Thanks it worked (i feel stupid lol)!!! Although I have another problem (with the program itself). I ripped the ark files and the hdr file from the ps2 version of RB1 and then I load them into rawk sd and it shows me all the songs. Then as soon I try to import one it crashed (it worked fine with gh3(wii version). Am I just having a random computer problem or do I need the get the wii iso?
It doesn't support the PS2 version of Rock Band 1. You will need to get a dump from the Wii version.

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm noticing some delay when I'm playing my imported songs from Rock Band 1. Delay such as the lip syncing is wrong with the addition of the other instruments as well in the background animation. From what I've heard, Rock Band 1 comes with the animation correct? So why would there be delay, or is this normal?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
honeypa said:
I'm noticing some delay when I'm playing my imported songs from Rock Band 1. Delay such as the lip syncing is wrong with the addition of the other instruments as well in the background animation. From what I've heard, Rock Band 1 comes with the animation correct? So why would there be delay, or is this normal?
Lip-syncing will be wrong because there was no lip-sync data in Rock Band 1 Wii (it was just pre-rendered videos). The other instruments should be fine though...

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The "O" in Blue Oyster Cult doesn't display correctly in game nor on my pc. It just shows a ? when it's supposed to be Ö. Don't know if this can be fixed because it's probably from a missing character.

edit:
I've also tried to add in the Ö but when I save it it goes back to a question mark. It looks like the character set doesn't support it. Maybe there's a special character that is displayed as Ö in rock band/rock band 2

lyoozero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
nano351 said:
The "O" in Blue Oyster Cult doesn't display correctly in game nor on my pc. It just shows a ? when it's supposed to be Ö. Don't know if this can be fixed because it's probably from a missing character.

edit:
I've also tried to add in the Ö but when I save it it goes back to a question mark. It looks like the character set doesn't support it. Maybe there's a special character that is displayed as Ö in rock band/rock band 2
Can't you just edit it?
EDIT.: Ninja'd... I guess?

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, exports fine, but they just don't show up in quickplay or practice modes... any suggestions. I am copying from Classic Rock Track Pack if that helps. I do see the RawkSD save game file on my Wii system memory. Delete the RB DLC file?

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can this import Guitar Hero World Tour songs?

Well actually, better to just tell me which Guitar Hero games you can import.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.