Hacking RawkSD

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
now that rawksd is dead. RIP. is there anyone working on getting the DLC to work with the old beta?

I hope so.

It already works.

How so?
The old beta I have doesn't even work.
It says time has run out please wait for a new release. Or something related...

The expiration is an entirely different matter altogether. I just said that pirated DLC worked fine with it. It just takes a little more of leg work than most lazy, spoon-fed pirates are willing to or capable of completing.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that rawksd is dead. RIP. is there anyone working on getting the DLC to work with the old beta?

I hope so.

It already works.

How so?
The old beta I have doesn't even work.
It says time has run out please wait for a new release. Or something related...

The expiration is an entirely different matter altogether. I just said that pirated DLC worked fine with it. It just takes a little more of leg work than most lazy, spoon-fed pirates are willing to or capable of completing.

Ah ok I understand now. I remember reading something about this. We use this RawkSD to get the songs and the non-beta RawkSD to actually install them. Its been so long, its like Rock Band 2 / 3 is not played anymore lol.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay!! finally RawkSD is gone!! and good bye don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!! serisouly if you guys don't support pircay for the rockband games then you desevered it. and i'm done with this peace out MO' FO'S!!

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
yay!! finally RawkSD is gone!! and good bye don't let the door hit your ass on the way out!! serisouly if you guys don't support pircay for the rockband games then you desevered it. and i'm done with this peace out MO' FO'S!!

It already works.

Pirated DLC has worked for a long time. You could probably even get it working in RawkSD 2, but I never bothered to try. But by all means, keep on whining. It's entertaining to watch someone your age throw a temper tantrum like a spoiled 3-year-old.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So you're saying that harmonix (or whomever it was that sent that cease & desist letter) WOULDN'T have written that legal notification if rawksd supported pirates more than it did?

Nice logic...but it's really a pitifull excuse. In reality, you're just too dumb to use rawksd to do something illegal with it.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying that harmonix (or whomever it was that sent that cease & desist letter) WOULDN'T have written that legal notification if rawksd supported pirates more than it did?

Nice logic...but it's really a pitifull excuse. In reality, you're just too dumb to use rawksd to do something illegal with it.

(6:07:51 PM) Inim: is rawksd officially dead or are you just harassing gbatempers again
(6:30:02 PM) tueidj: it's not official as long as Aaron` keeps saying he will finish it

The cake is a lie. And by cake I mean C&D. None of the actual RawkSD devs ever said anything about a C&D.

BGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting RawkSD 3b4 to install Rock Band 1, Green Day Rock Band, and Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock songs via the Wii. I don't own a PC and only use a Mac, so the installing via PC isn't an option for me. Has anyone else had issues installing these 3 games or any others and what did you do to remedy this?

Installed so far via Wii:
Lego Rock Band
Rock Band: Track Pack 1
Rock Band: Track Pack 2
Rock Band: Metal Track Pack
Rock Band ACDC Track Pack
Rock Band: Country Track Pack 1
Guitar Hero (PS2)
Guitar Hero II (PS2)
Guitar Hero Encore: Rock the 80's (PS2)
Guitar Hero III
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Guitar Hero: World Tour
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Guitar Hero 5
Band Hero

Rock Band 1, Green Day Rock Band, and Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock play via disk channel and USB Loader GX, but will not install in RawkSD 3b4.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(6:07:51 PM) Inim: is rawksd officially dead or are you just harassing gbatempers again
(6:30:02 PM) tueidj: it's not official as long as Aaron` keeps saying he will finish it

The cake is a lie. And by cake I mean C&D. None of the actual RawkSD devs ever said anything about a C&D.

Hey, quertymodo.
So, what is the real status of RawkSD?
There was so much movement on it a year ago and, to me, was one of the biggest things on the scene.

The 3.0 beta is fantastic.
The things that needed improvement were:
- loading game from USB instead of disc
- eliminate the date restriction (any hex savvy individuals care to find out where this is in the dol?)
- fix the freezes that sometimes occur when returning from some menus
- allow it to be launched from forwarders, to avoid going to the HBC first

As it is, it is still a great piece of software.

Regards.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey, quertymodo.
So, what is the real status of RawkSD?
There was so much movement on it a year ago and, to me, was one of the biggest things on the scene.

lrn2read

The 3.0 beta is fantastic.
The things that needed improvement were:

Piracy will never be supported. Deal with it.

- eliminate the date restriction (any hex savvy individuals care to find out where this is in the dol?)
The date restriction was intentional for the betas. If it's ever released for real it won't have one.

That is a bug that exists in RB2 itself. Deleting your save file fixes the crash.

If they ever release it, I'm sure they'll make their own forwarder like they did for Riivolution.

As it is, it is still a great piece of software.

Regards.

Also, I'm not a dev. I'm just a customs charter and IRC lurker.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lrn2read
Yeah, I was hoping you had some more insight on that, as the IRC posts did not show dates, or anything.

Piracy will never be supported. Deal with it.
Well, importing songs from the other GH/RB games is just as dubious as loading the game from a HDD.

If they ever release it, I'm sure they'll make their own forwarder like they did for Riivolution.
That would be nice

That is a bug that exists in RB2 itself. Deleting your save file fixes the crash.
Your tip on fixing the crashes is the best bit of RawkSD news I've heard in a long-long time.
I'll give it a try later.

Thanks for the answers.

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was hoping you had some more insight on that, as the IRC posts did not show dates, or anything.

My IRC log says that was 11/05/11

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1