Rate the consoles!

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Graphically speaking, on a scale of 1 to 10, if PS3 is 10 and PS2 is 2, where do you place:

* GameCube
* Wii
* XBOX
* XBOX360

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameCube: Underrated in my opinion, much better than PS2 3
Xbox: Could've done even better had the 360 not come out 5
Wii: Beaten by the Xbox in most parts but slightly better in others 5.5
360: Seen nothing on PS3 that 360 hasn't better so far 9

To be honest I wouldn't ever consider the PS3 a 10 but then I guess in a few years time that would change when/if developers actually tend to it properly. Also the best I expect of the Wii is above Zelda, MP3, Mario Galaxy and RE4. I'm sure it can do better but as long as the games stick to those standards and have great controls then I won't mind at all, I have 360 for my graphic whore needs.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since I hate PS3 and i love PS2, I'll have the best =0 and the worst =10

Gamecube: 8
XBOX: 6
Wii: 0
360: 0.5

XBOX gets better than gamecube because I've heard of it used for many homebrew uses.

Gamecube gets 8 because overall, there were only 3 good games. Both Pikmin games and F-Zero GX.

360 gets .5 because it ROCKS! Loses .5 of a point because of extreme power usage and bad DVD playback upscaling.[

Wii gets a perfect 0 because of its UBER control scheme, and its alot easier to pirate 4.7GB images vs. Dual-layer images the 360 has.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
why all the ps3 haters? no one has rated it yet? anyways:

Gamecube - 3
Wii - 5 (in graphical terms is much powerful than a xbox, you can check the stats if you don't believe me)
Xbox - 4 (based on games i've played, never owned one)
Xbox 360 - 8 (based on games i've played, never owned one)
PS3 - 10
PS2 - 2 (gamecube is much more powerful in terms of graphical power, it's just not used fully i guess)

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
why all the ps3 haters? no one has rated it yet?

Read the first post
wink.gif

SlyGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems like a lot of people believe the original XBOX is more powerful that the Wii. Is this true?

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I won't number it but
360 > Wii > XBox > GC = PS2
And for 360 and PS3 comparison, if you asked me two month ago I'd give 360 something like 13~15. But recently released multi platform screenshots I'd have to cut down to 10.
Now it comes down to individuals taste, for example, Rainbow Six Vegas, 360 version comes with excess amount of blur, which I'm not very fond of. Gun models lost their sharpness and looks like they're made of rubber. But PS3 R.S.Vegas lacks motion blur. So comes down to wether you prefer excess blur or no blur.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
wtf.gif

I can't be bothered giving them a numeral rating, and this isn't strictly a technical assessment, though it mostly is:

xbox360>Wii=Xbox>GCN>PS2

PS2 is less capable than the gamecube in every single aspect if I remember correctly, especially in the art department.. ps2 has what? Okami.
Although I've never read which would win in a fight- xbox or wii, I'd go with the wii because the more experienced and trained fighter will always beat brute force

oh and ps3, I don't care about ps3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu