"Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart", previously a PS5 exclusive, is coming to PC on July 26th, 2023

Ratchet & Clank are celebrating their 20th anniversary this year, and with it comes "Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart" as the next title to be part of the (previously) PlayStation exclusive games to be ported to PC, with the title coming on July 27th, 2023, after almost 2 years from the original release back in 2021.

Sony unveiled a new trailer focusing on some of the PC features which will be included in the game, like Ultrawide support (even for cutscenes), NVIDIA DLSS 3, AMD FSR 2, Intel XeSS, the option to unlock the framerate, raytracing features like reflections and shadows, special feedback when using the PlayStation's DualSense controller, and other features.

Ratchet & Clank will be available on both the Steam and Epic Games storefronts, and it can now be wishlisted and also pre-purchased, and doing so will unlock special items in-game, like the Pixelizer Weapon and the Carbonox Armor set.

:arrow: Source

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Kevbo and Payne

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Did this not sell well for ps5? can't think of any other reason why they'd port fairly new game to pc so fast
The original was released on 2021, hardly new if it's already 2 years old.
Besides, Sony has been porting a lot of their exclusives to PC after a year has passed since the original release on a PlayStation console.
For as much I'd love to hate on Sony, I gotta say that them porting their exclusives to PC is a good call for everyone.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice.

I wonder if they'll port older games like MotorStorm. That'd be awesome if they would.

Now, the only console that still has exclusives is the Switch, and yes, you can emulate them on PC, but it's not an official port. Nintendo will eventually get there.

Reactions: Kioku

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm now curious as to whether this will have SSD or high RAM requirements after how much they hyped the SSD storage prior to the games PS5 launch.
most games nowadays have an undocumented ssd requirement, i remember seeing someone deep into game dev a while ago saying this game could've been done on a ps4 anyway, irrelevant of ssd

Reactions: newo and Marc_LFD

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
most games nowadays have an undocumented ssd requirement, i remember seeing someone deep into game dev a while ago saying this game could've been done on a ps4 anyway, irrelevant of ssd

I recall one of the Traveller’s Tales co-founders speculated that it was doable without the SSD given their experience, using a Lego Star Wars game as an example.

The R&C devs IIRC made it sound like they were reliant on relatively fast streaming from the SSD, similar to many games on old cart based systems like the Mega Genny Drive, so I’m curious as to how much truth there was to that.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Guys, the convenience of having a console for 600 instead of a PeeCee upwards of 1000 isn't a reason to own the console?
Not everyone has the money for the latest graphics card that costs as much as the console.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, the convenience of having a console for 600 instead of a PeeCee upwards of 1000 isn't a reason to own the console?
Not everyone has the money for the latest graphics card that costs as much as the console.
in some regions the console costs the same as a capable pc lol

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Convenience? Maybe due to the price, but the games have to be installed, download an update/patch, that's not what I'd call convenience.

And games are pretty damn big so space needs to be conserved otherwise delete a game to install a game.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I want the game but my PC is old and won't play it. I guess it will be one of those "forever in the wishlist" games for me until I can afford a better computer.

Also they should port the older Ratchet & Clank games to PC as they aren't playable in PS5 and the only one playable in PS4 is the remake of the first game.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, I need to go find a 5400rpm mechanical laptop hard drive that I have laying around, and see how this game runs on it. lol

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart Is Coming to PC on July 26th; To Support NVIDIA DLSS 3, Reflex, DLAA, and More
Post automatically merged:

I want the game but my PC is old and won't play it. I guess it will be one of those "forever in the wishlist" games for me until I can afford a better computer.

Also they should port the older Ratchet & Clank games to PC as they aren't playable in PS5 and the only one playable in PS4 is the remake of the first game.
There's emulation for that 😉😎

Reactions: Marc_LFD

jpmasterflex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo what about the other Ratchet games...Are they just gonna be stuck on ps2 and ps3 forever? No Ratchet 2016 doesn't count that was only a remake of the first game...not necessarily done well but i digress.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    Veho @ Veho: "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.