Rapper Says GTA V Stole His Music

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't get where all the fuzz is about. Exactly how hard is it to produce a patch that will remove those two tracks from the game?

To a degree, I can understand why he doesn't want his work to appear in the game. But he's seriously out of line to demand that the combined work of possibly hundreds of people just gets wasted because someone accidentally mistook his answer for an okay. :unsure:

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ignorance in this thread is ridiculous.

If you want to tell me rap isn't music than why does Kanye West have 3 albums nominated for 3 Grammys for Album of the Year?

Definiton of music:
vocal or instrumental sounds (or both) combined in such a way as to produce beauty of form, harmony, and expression of emotion.

Does rap have vocal and instrumental sounds? Yes.
Does rap have harmony,beauty of form or expression of emotion? Yes.

Why the fuck do you guys hate everything?

On-topic: He deserves to be paid for his work or he doesn't even own the rights to his songs and Rockstar paid his record company. Who knows? We'll find out eventually.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country

If you want to tell me rap isn't music than why does Kanye West have 3 albums nominated for 3 Grammys for Album of the Year?

Definiton of music:

Does rap have vocal and instrumental sounds? Yes.
Does rap have harmony,beauty of form or expression of emotion? Yes.

Why the fuck do you guys hate everything?

On-topic: He deserves to be paid for his work or he doesn't even own the rights to his songs and Rockstar paid his record company. Who knows? We'll find out eventually.

While I do agree what you are saying, the rapper shouldn't be so upset for his work to be put inside a game that is all about sex, drugs, and murder. Which most rap is all about besides the most often mentionable 'money'. I do not hate all rap music, some of the rap music by lyrics are deep and subconscious breakers. Most of them are about money, sex, drugs, and murder. I just can't justify what I hear most often over the radio or over zealous rap lovers.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I do agree what you are saying, the rapper shouldn't be so upset for his work to be put inside a game that is all about sex, drugs, and murder. Which most rap is all about besides the most often mentionable 'money'. I do not hate all rap music, some of the rap music by lyrics are deep and subconscious breakers. Most of them are about money, sex, drugs, and murder. I just can't justify what I hear most often over the radio or over zealous rap lovers.
What you mean is most rap that you have heard is about that stuff.
While I agree that recently the genre was filled with crap it's making quite the comeback in lyricism and other subjects.
Not to mention I can say the same thing about so many other genres.
Every pop song I hear is about dancing and partying.
Every rock song I hear is about sex,drugs.
Every R&B song is about love.
The point is theres tons of music that's shit but every genre has some people who make actually good music and they shouldn't be lumped in with the rest of everybody who are making shit.

Also I don't care why the rapper doesn't want his music in the game. All that matters is if Rockstar stole his music.

Reactions: Sop and Densetsu

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Fishsticks.

on topic: rockstar offered him $4,000+ for everything and he "turned it down"
this person is not pursuing this for principal. It's obviously for money.

and another thing. His demands are asinine. Destroying all unsold copies?? This isn't a Silicon Knights situation..this is GTA V. The possible biggest game of the year. Fuckin' Rockstar would have him offed before they did that.

either: he accepts the offer that rockstar gave him (4,000+)

or they will patch the game removing the songs from being played

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To a degree, I can understand why he doesn't want his work to appear in the game. But he's seriously out of line to demand that the combined work of possibly hundreds of people just gets wasted because someone accidentally mistook his answer for an okay. :unsure:

Agreed it could be considered overreaction. However if you do infringe upon things it can cost you big, indeed such things are why you might not have DVDs of all your favourite TV shows.

Re: samples. They are actually covered by copyright law
http://www.copynot.org/Pages/Music sampling.htm
The cases that led to their being treated as such are actually fairly noted in copyright case law circles as they go some way to establishing what is a work and what is not.

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mad GTA 5 player reporting in.

WHAT? No-no-no-no-no. First of... Okay, Rockstar did take his two pieces of music and added it in the game, but he should be happy? Why is he a music composer and a rapper? If he raps, and its out here on the real world, whats the problem of it being in a game? I mean, if other people on YT upload music videos of whatever songs, i'm pretty sure there would be his too. But why is he bitching for GTA V?

Secondly, HOW THE HECK IS RAP:
"MUSIC" "A SONG"
*a true rapper would be Eminem. :D
because people are paying for gta v. also pls keep opinions off internet

You say it's a joke
yet you're 100% correct.
>opinions
>in the year 2000 + 13

Rappers don't create music, they speak rapidly over music created by someone else...
Rappers and producers work very closely and the rapper usually has a fair bit of input on how the track turns out.

Rappers, euphemism for butt-hurt trolls hellbent on getting royalties

no just this dude who is pretty shit rapper

also, gta v had a pretty shit soundtrack

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The no name tard should have enjoyed the free publicity.
They'll probably just patch out his songs if the case goes anywhere. Problem solved, no more for no name rapper.

No name rapper? if you don't like Hip-Hop that's fine say that, but he is definitely not a no name rapper he is a founder of the group DPG you know the one Snoop Dogg was in. He is a west coast pioneer, learn your shit or you just sound ignorant.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Bunch of rap haters in this thread. Some rap (NOT all rap, mind you) is actually pretty good.

Some of you who say that rap isn't "music" are probably the same people who listen to stuff like this and call the vocals "music."

Not knocking anyone's tastes, but don't come into this thread and put down rap. You clearly don't know what you're talking about (and you're getting off-topic).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No name rapper? if you don't like Hip-Hop that's fine say that, but he is definitely not a no name rapper he is a founder of the group DPG you know the one Snoop Dogg was in. He is a west coast pioneer, learn your shit or you just sound ignorant.

I'm fine being ignorant of the cesspool of the, ehm, music industry.
...it's hard to even acknowledge they're part of it tbh.

I mean it's not like all rap is bad when it's incorporated in real music, like Linkin Park used to do, or some others i'm forgetting off the top of my head. But when it's just shit rap with shittier tunes, one could hardly call it music.

Using the Grammys as a credibility check is about as valid as using the Teen Choice Awards.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I mean it's not like all rap is bad when it's incorporated in real music, like Linkin Park used to do, or some others i'm forgetting off the top of my head. But when it's just shit rap with shittier tunes, one could hardly call it music.

Using the Grammys as a credibility check is about as valid as using the Teen Choice Awards.

If your admitting your ignorant cool, that makes your opinion very easy to brush aside, HipHop/Rap is lyrically driven first musically second.

Reactions: SmokeyTheDog

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

kanye sucks

linkin park sucks more doe

If your admitting your ignorant cool, that makes your opinion very easy to brush aside, HipHop/Rap is lyrically driven first musically second.

no rap is lyrically driven hip hop is musically driven

also this thread is flamebait

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do know they get permission and pay royalties before sampling music for commercial use right?
And I'm sure Rockstar paid SOMEONE for permission to use this asshat's music, even if it wasn't him.

Rap might be music, but Kanye West is garbage. I don't care what awards he has.

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I hope Rockstar patches out his "songs"
No more free publicity for him.
He gets butthurt about it and sues Rockstar again for patching out his songs.

It's a never ending cycle.

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It'll end eventually I expect rockstar will pay him off to shut his mouth or comply by patching out the 2 songs replacing em maybe with something else.

also side note: New avatar Dinoh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol