Gaming [RANT] - Hackers Have Destroyed Pokemon Online!

kirekun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm when X and Y first came out, I was aspiring to be a competitive battler.
Then I just realized it was just not worth it breeding, wasting time just to beat people with haxs.

The spin offs are way better. Pokemon Shuffle FTW!

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I when online to search for Pokemons, I had a Lotad and wanted to get a Seedot, but then I see people asking for stuff like Arceus Level 100, Mewtwo, Genesect (with text reading for 'shiny' please) and I'm like -_-

Maybe the people are trading with themselves?

I've often deposited a an easy to obtain Pokemon on the GTS asking for something a lot better, e.g. a Magikarp then asked for a Mew. I've then loaded up another Pokemon game I own and traded a Mew for the Magikarp I deposited on the GTS.

It's the poor man's way of been able to trade between different Pokemon games you own without having a second 3DS or waiting to borrow a friends.

Granted i'm sure people are cheating, but at the end of the day theirs enough legit players out there, play the game and enjoy it, online play is far from totally ruined... sadly like any game people cheat, dont let it spoil the game for you. By cheating in single player your only cheating yourself.

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Meh, if anything, children ruined online by asking for ridiculously dumb Pokémon on the GTS, not hackers.

For the competitive side of things, a friend of mine destroys on a daily basis kiddies who use legendaries and think they're hot shit. Hacking is one thing, but if you can't even fight properly, it doesn't mean anything. Defeating most hackers is easy, defeating hackers who know the mechanics is just a normal match because if you breed for IVs, natures and attacks, you'll usually be evenly matched.
tl;dr: don't blame you incompetency on other people.

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
Op skipped full retard and went full potato

Gts was already like this demanding impossible stuff before even the cyber gadget came out (or any other form of cheating )
Complaining about cheating wen you cheat as-well is nothing but being a delusional hypocrite i know its harsh but its the truth
Its not like gamefreak is not at blame for some part of this , IVs and hidden powers being absolute pain to get properly , restricting hidden abilities and forgetting about it
They had since gen 4 to block asking for impossible stuff , yet they don't they are just to blame as-well

B3DDO3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this out yesterday and was kinda put out, me being nostalgic wanted to catch all the original 150 pokemon so was trying to get squirtle and bulbasaur online yesterday and was amazed people wanting level 100 pokemon for a level 1 pokemon.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
they are just lazy and don't feel like using pokesave themselves

what's worse than hackers? lazy people rely on hackers to do all the work for them

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: