Hardware Ram or Cpu problems?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok i ll try it out now!

and another question... why is the bios uefi soo ugly to look at? i am on 21:9...and its not very beautiful to look at the bios settings ^^ is there any method to change this?#

Nope.

ok i managed to put in the numbers... now it looks like this

Looks fine. Asus must be in offset by default.

Save it, reboot, see what the memory offeset voltage is after. Hopefully Asus aren't being weird and that get the result you want (1.175ish), otherwise you might have to reset cmos/reset to default.

Last edited by Armadillo,

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope.

Looks fine. Asus must be in offset by default.

Save it, reboot, see what the memory offeset voltage is after. Hopefully Asus aren't being weird and that puts it lower than normal, otherwise you may have to reset cmos.

it looks unstable... i ve rebooted it.. went in the bathroom... and than it turned off... i saw nothing and i turned it on... and it looks fine..

soo i should check the voltage of the ram? am i right?

oh crap... a bluescreen of death...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

soo what should i do now..

it appears ... constantly...

bluescreens everywhere :'/...

i rested it now...

so what could i do next ? any ideas @Armadillo

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it looks unstable... i ve rebooted it.. went in the bathroom... and than it turned off... i saw nothing and i turned it on... and it looks fine..

soo i should check the voltage of the ram? am i right?

oh crap... a bluescreen of death...

soo what should i do now..

it appears ... constantly...

BSOD?

If you can get to the bios. See what the system agent voltage has been set at. Depending on how Asus are doing it, it's possible it could have ended up lower (if default is 1.0 for example, auto is adding 0.15, so 1.15, then offeset could end up at 1.015, rather than where you wanted to be).

If you can't get into the bios. Just reset cmos, and let the system set defaults again.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BSOD?

If you can get to the bios. See what the system agent voltage has been set at. Depending on how Asus are doing it, it's possible it could have ended up lower (if default is 1.0 for example, auto is adding 0.15, so 1.15, then offeset could end up at 1.015, rather than where you wanted to be).

If you can't get into the bios. Just reset cmos, and let the system set defaults again.

jap BSOD...

dam i ll try it again i ve already pressed the cmos... button :') sorry..

soo should i look at the cpu voltage? ^^ after doing this all over again?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jap BSOD...

dam i ll try it again i ve already pressed the cmos... button :') sorry..

soo should i look at the cpu voltage? ^^ after doing this all over again?

If you are happy resetting cmos if need be, I would do this

Set offeset on the system agent voltage to 0.015 again.
After saving check the reading in bios. Should hopefully be reading 1.16-1.175.
If it's not and it's reading much lower, then Asus are using a lower number as the base, and there is already an offset being applied by "auto" to get it to that number.

If that's the case, I would set manual mode and set the system agent to 1.175. So at least you know you have a slight voltage bump. If still nothing, reset cmos and start looking to try different memory/cpu unfortunatly.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are happy resetting cmos if need be, I would do this

Set offeset on the system agent voltage to 0.015 again.
After saving check the reading in bios. Should hopefully be reading 1.16-1.175.
If it's not and it's reading much lower, then Asus are using a lower number as the base, and there is already an offset being applied by "auto" to get it to that number.

If that's the case, I would set manual mode and set the system agent to 1.175. So at least you know you have a slight voltage bump. If still nothing, reset cmos and start looking to try different memory/cpu unfortunatly.
i checked it after i ve done it ... and there werent any i mean really Any changes.... ... it wrote 1.56 1.63... blablabla.. and not 1.565 or 1.635... ;/

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could try it in manual mode and just give it 1.175, manual mode tends to be a bit more stable in terms of voltage fluctuations. See if that stabilises it. If not and you have to reset again, I'd be trying to get a cheap stick of another brand of ddr4 to check.

If you've changed board, then it only leaves cpu or memory and probably easier to get hold of another stick of ddr4 to test than another cpu.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try it in manual mode and just give it 1.175, manual mode tends to be a bit more stable in terms of voltage fluctuations. See if that stabilises it. If not and you have to reset again, I'd be trying to get a cheap stick of another brand of ddr4 to check.

If you've changed board, then it only leaves cpu or memory and probably easier to get hold of another stick of ddr4 to test than another cpu.

and do u think psu could be bad?

i ll report after testing the 1.175 in the cpu thing!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

i ll report after testing the 1.175 in the cpu thing!

Doubt it. If it was failing to start (as in, not powering up at all) or crashing only under load, but just random bsod and locking up is unlikely to be psu.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok so hdds are ok?
ssd?

ram or cpu could be bad?

I doubt it's the hdds. Bad hdd with windows installed on it will normally bsod soon as windows loads. Bad hdd elsewhere will just give you transfer errors when using it. Besides you can check hdd health with the various tools that can read s.m.a.r.t info.

I would doubt the cpu or all 4 sticks of ram are bad, I would think it's more than likely a compatiblity issue between memory and cpu. And no, being on the motherboard compatiblity list makes no difference, motherboard manafacturers can claim what they like about their boards, it doesn't mean the imc in your particular cpu will like that memory.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it's the hdds. Bad hdd with windows installed on it will normally bsod soon as windows loads. Bad hdd elsewhere will just give you transfer errors when using it. Besides you can check hdd health with the various tools that can read s.m.a.r.t info.

I would doubt the cpu or all 4 sticks of ram are bad, I would think it's more than likely a compatiblity issue between memory and cpu. And no, being on the motherboard compatiblity list makes no difference, motherboard manafacturers can claim what they like about their boards, it doesn't mean the imc in your particular cpu will like that memory.

ok thank you!

so i should just replace my ramsticks?
and this would solve my whole errors?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok thank you!

so i should just replace my ramsticks?
and this would solve my whole errors?

Might do, might not.

No one can say 100% that is the issue. But you've replaced the motherboard already, which means likely the issue is either the memory or the cpu.

It would be unusual for every stick to be bad, but bad cpus are really uncommon as well, so it seems more likely to simply be a compatiblity issue between memory/cpu.

Only way to test that theory though, is to change it out. Cheaper and easier to try out some more ddr4 than a cpu. If it still does it, rma the cpu.

If you are looking for 100% assurance that's it X, no one can give you that. At this point your just going to have to try swapping and hoping that's it.

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might do, might not.

No one can say 100% that is the issue. But you've replaced the motherboard already, which means likely the issue is either the memory or the cpu.

It would be unusual for every stick to be bad, but bad cpus are really uncommon as well, so it seems more likely to simply be a compatiblity issue between memory/cpu.

Only way to test that theory though, is to change it out. Cheaper and easier to try out some more ddr4 than a cpu. If it still does it, rma the cpu.

If you are looking for 100% assurance that's it X, no one can give you that. At this point your just going to have to try swapping and hoping that's it.
man thank you for your help though! cause i am really really amgry/sad cause my build doesnt even like me xD hard times.. i guess...

i ll pick the dominator from corsair ( cause they were used more often with the motherboard and cpu! )

Bernhard

Psycho
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wanted to close the case.. and put in every cable... and after that. i started the machine to back everything up... and i wasnt even able to get to the post.. .it shows me on EVERY start the d6 q code (no output device found) the fans of my card are spinning.. and everything seems that it gets power! .. but the errorcode still doesnt go away and i get no post screen..
so what is that error for.. what causes it?

my case causes it!!! i removed all the cables from the case again... and it worked!!

but this only has happend once to me... i saw the d6 error the really first time... that was just 3minutes ago...
hmm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated