KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
matcon5 said:
niu said:
Unofficial infolib.dat & savlib.dat, Speed up the loading ROM & Add 1MByte save size
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141993

But this is for use with DSTT only correct?

So it can't be used with YSMenu on an R4..

Wish the rom loading was faster =(
YSMenu is naught but an adapted version of the DSTT firmware, therefore the savlib and infolib dats work. Just put them in the TTMenu folder.

I'm using YSMenu on an R4 and the improvement to ROM loading times is dramatic. I also have a 1Mb save file for Pokemon Platinum.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
matcon5 said:
niu said:
Unofficial infolib.dat & savlib.dat, Speed up the loading ROM & Add 1MByte save size

YSMenu is naught but an adapted version of the DSTT firmware, therefore the savlib and infolib dats work. Just put them in the TTMenu folder.

I'm using YSMenu on an R4 and the improvement to ROM loading times is dramatic. I also have a 1Mb save file for Pokemon Platinum.

Hey, thanks for the info. I haven't seen that thread. I've just replaced the files and the loading times difference is HUGE. I've also tested it with Pokemon Platinum and indeed, it generated a 1 MB save file.

Just one question: What's the difference between this save file and the old smaller one?

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pendor said:
Depravo said:
matcon5 said:
niu said:

Hey, thanks for the info. I haven't seen that thread. I've just replaced the files and the loading times difference is HUGE. I've also tested it with Pokemon Platinum and indeed, it generated a 1 MB save file.

Just one question: What's the difference between this save file and the old smaller one?
If you keep collecting more and more pokemon, adding more and more friend codes etc eventually the save file will need more than 512Kb data. When you reach this point the game crashes and your save file gets corrupted. Then you cry.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
Pendor said:
Depravo said:
matcon5 said:
niu said:

If you keep collecting more and more pokemon, adding more and more friend codes etc eventually the save file will need more than 512Kb data. When you reach this point the game crashes and your save file gets corrupted. Then you cry.

Lol.

A quick forum search answered my question and I was about to edit the post.

Anyway, I think this 2 files should be included in the first post of the sticky. I'll tell Maikel if I see him.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pendor said:
Anyway, I think this 2 files should be included in the first post of the sticky. I'll tell Maikel if I see him.
Here I am. I didn't even know these files existed... I really should watch this thread more often.

Anyway, for now I'll link to the files in the first post.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maikel Steneker said:
Pendor said:
Here I am. I didn't even know these files existed... I really should watch this thread more often.

Could you also make R4YSauto recognise newer versions of YSMenu? We'd all be so grateful. (insert ass-kissing flattery emoticon here)
smile.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Depravo said:
Maikel Steneker said:
Pendor said:

Could you also make R4YSauto recognise newer versions of YSMenu? We'd all be so grateful. (insert ass-kissing flattery emoticon here)
smile.gif
Well, I still have the unreleased v0.0.3 which recognizes the latest versions and adds downloading the newest cheat database automatically. I wanted to release it back in january, but you know, school and stuff...

Oh, I recently got a new (working) AceKard 2 and a DSTT by the way, so I'm completely ready to work on all three programs
smile.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maikel Steneker said:
Depravo said:
Maikel Steneker said:
Pendor said:

smile.gif
Well, I still have the unreleased v0.0.3 which recognizes the latest versions and adds downloading the newest cheat database automatically. I wanted to release it back in january, but you know, school and stuff...

Oh, I recently got a new (working) AceKard 2 and a DSTT by the way, so I'm completely ready to work on all three programs
smile.gif
Oh that's brilliant! I was beginning to think you had forgotten about it.

But you're quite right - put school first, it's more important.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm stuck... so I dl'ed the latest ysmenu, then I followed the instructions for R4 in the readme and it said to get ttmenu.dat and r4tf.dldi so I got these files then ran them through ttextract.exe and it gave me r4dldi.dat and r4patch.dat... then I just didn't know what to do next so I find this r4ysauto thread... I download r4ysauto, re-zip my r4ysmenu folder and rename it YSMenu0810211800 as it asks and then when I run r4.bat it says 'file r4dldi.dat already exists. Overwrite with ysmenublahblah\r4dldi.dat?' so I pick yes and it says an error has occured please check if you have enough disc space. God this is confusing!!
wacko.gif

soldialga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ackers said:
I'm stuck... so I dl'ed the latest ysmenu, then I followed the instructions for R4 in the readme and it said to get ttmenu.dat and r4tf.dldi so I got these files then ran them through ttextract.exe and it gave me r4dldi.dat and r4patch.dat... then I just didn't know what to do next so I find this r4ysauto thread... I download r4ysauto, re-zip my r4ysmenu folder and rename it YSMenu0810211800 as it asks and then when I run r4.bat it says 'file r4dldi.dat already exists. Overwrite with ysmenublahblah\r4dldi.dat?' so I pick yes and it says an error has occured please check if you have enough disc space. God this is confusing!!
wacko.gif

Download R4ysauto and latest ysmenu rename it to YSMenu0810211800

make new folder copy all R4ysauto (as seperate)and dont seperate zip in r4ysuto like skin dstt ,lang,save .7z just copy them and ysmenu (as zip)

run r4 bat and it will ask few question answer (sensitive keys) and you will get R4 custom
open it and copy to root card
p.s if you get disk error format your card make backup first

i have question too

do you have to replace official TTMENU.DAT
to fake killer patch ?
i use official TTmenu.dat ysmenu run ferfectly..

Jabodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having a little trouble. I have put the infolib.dat & savlib.dat files in the TTMenu folder. My loading times have improved, but I cannot generate a 1MB save for GTA:CW. Anybody have a solution? Please and thank you.

Edit: Yeah sorry. I just thought you did because the game kept freezing when it started up. It works fine now.

bamse111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:

smile.gif
Very nice to hear
yaynds.gif
Will 1.17 be included?

Btw, new version of YSMenu!
smile.gif
2009/03/21 23:23

Sir Eagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
moonshell doesnt work anymore, the backgrounds like shit, the cheats dont work. am i doing something wrong or is it the ys menu itself
games dont work anymore ether

can you add a detailed tutorial how it works?

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Sir Eagle said:
moonshell doesnt work anymore, the backgrounds like shit, the cheats dont work. am i doing something wrong or is it the ys menu itself
games dont work anymore ether

can you add a detailed tutorial how it works?
What do you mean? It works fine for me.

I posted the question below on the "Unofficial infolib.dat & savlib.dat topic" but nobody's responding there so can anyone answer it?

Which infolib and savlib files do I copy and to where? (The DSM0136 folder has both the infolib and savlib files, and the Savlib folder has only savlib.) And to clarify, does using YSMenu as a firmware (TTMenu folder) allow auto-convert of save files? If not, how exactly do I hex edit my sav to make it 1MB?

Edit: Nvm, answered except for the last part.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Please help! I can't get GTA to work on my R4... I'm using the latest version of YSmenu with R4YSauto and I have the piracy bypass cheat but the intro video still doesn't load (black screen)! Am I missing something?

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ackers said:
Please help! I can't get GTA to work on my R4... I'm using the latest version of YSmenu with R4YSauto and I have the piracy bypass cheat but the intro video still doesn't load (black screen)! Am I missing something?

It works fine for me.

Are you using a clean ROM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds +1