Hacking r4isdhc.com.cn, is it good?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Both versions. All new r4isdhc.com cards are dstt clones
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I might actually pick up some of these carts because they are cheap and might be good for something

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As for the timebomb, I am at the mercy of the community. I don't buy carts with years on them because I know of the timebomb, but never tested it. Every time I do any amount of research, I get two different sides saying two different things and it's not worth spending money to find out.
As far as I know r4isdhc.com cards (and maybe r4i-sdhc.com cards - but that never got confirmed by someone owning the card) released in 2014 and later are the only cards with timebomb. But they all have the same hardware (2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017). You can use the latest kernel from their page with a 2014 card and it works the same as the 2017 card. All cards on r4isdhc.com are the same (dual-core is the same as gold-pro etc). There is a mod avaible to use the r4i-sdhc.com kernel with r4isdhc.com cards: http://mkiddy.leerik.nl/R4i/
This information comes from my own experience with my R4i SDHC Dual-Core 2014, discussions with a shop owner and some forums/chats.

On the other hand there are clones of the card without time bomb (r4isdhc.hk, r4isdhc.com.cn, r4isdhc.in etc). There are reports of some of the clones bricking with the official kernel and bricking with ysmenu but I don't know exactly which ones.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wait till I review this, I think you can agree the r4isdhc.com is worse than this.
I don't actually know if I can agree or not. If I haven't used something, I am at mercy of the community until I do use it.

As far as I know r4isdhc.com cards (and maybe r4i-sdhc.com cards - but that never got confirmed by someone owning the card) released in 2014 and later are the only cards with timebomb. But they all have the same hardware (2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017). You can use the latest kernel from their page with a 2014 card and it works the same as the 2017 card. All cards on r4isdhc.com are the same (dual-core is the same as gold-pro etc). There is a mod avaible to use the r4i-sdhc.com kernel with r4isdhc.com cards: http://mkiddy.leerik.nl/R4i/
This information comes from my own experience with my R4i SDHC Dual-Core 2014, discussions with a shop owner and some forums/chats.

On the other hand there are clones of the card without time bomb (r4isdhc.hk, r4isdhc.com.cn, r4isdhc.in etc). There are reports of some of the clones bricking with the official kernel and bricking with ysmenu but I don't know exactly which ones.
Interesting, thanks for the information! ^_^ This is the kind of stuff I would love to test, but I am wary of spending money on something just to brick it.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China

I believe these clones are either in name only or based off old versions.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't actually know if I can agree or not. If I haven't used something, I am at mercy of the community until I do use it.

Interesting, thanks for the information! ^_^ This is the kind of stuff I would love to test, but I am wary of spending money on something just to brick it.
BTW the time bomb checks the date of expiration with the console's date. It doesn't actually brick the card and you can use it again if you set the console's date to an earlier time.
(I got it as a review sample and didn't pay anything for it :P)

I believe these clones are either in name only or based off old versions.
I think that at least some of them are based off the 2013 models of r4isdhc.com. But in the end most of these cards are DSTT clones.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
BTW the time bomb checks the date of expiration with the console's date. It doesn't actually brick the card and you can use it again if you set the console's date to an earlier time.
(I got it as a review sample and didn't pay anything for it :P)
Well the "fear" of bricking is more so because I these carts would be taken apart to look at their chipset. They would then be put through several tests to see what kind of kernels I can run on them, and other testing purposes that has already bricked two of my carts.
Basically something like this is just me throwing money into a hole because I have no intentions of doing anything more than attempting to completely break these carts. Of course carts that survive my abuse get put in the box of pride. Those that don't, are put in the drawer of dishonor.

Last edited by The Catboy,

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well the "fear" of bricking is more so because I these carts would be taken apart to look at their chipset. They would then be put through several tests to see what kind of kernels I can run on them, and other testing purposes that has already bricked two of my carts.
The chipset they used is used by some other cards (including r4i-sdhc.com). The only thing that ever changed during the years is the PCB color.
2co1kc9.jpg
et8lef.jpg
I think that someone bricked the card trying to run ysmenu as main menu on it, but running ysmenu with the .nds is fine. The same probably applies to other kernels.

Reactions: The Catboy

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The chipset they used is used by some other cards (including r4i-sdhc.com). The only thing that ever changed during the years is the PCB color.
2co1kc9.jpg
et8lef.jpg
I think that someone bricked the card trying to run ysmenu as main menu on it, but running ysmenu with the .nds is fine. The same probably applies to other kernels.
For 10$, I might actually buy one of these carts and attempt to replicate their results. If I don't brick, then they had some underlining factor that caused the issue.
I will see where my money is when I get paid.
...fuck this thread tapped into my deep need to test and break stuff.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For 10$, I might actually buy one of these carts and attempt to replicate their results. If I don't brick, then they had some underlining factor that caused the issue.
I will see where my money is when I get paid.
...fuck this thread tapped into my deep need to test and break stuff.
I think that you need to do serveral changes to YSMenu in order to boot it on the card anyway. Normally the card will refuse to boot ysmenu.

/edit
A quick google search gave me two results:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/48oju8/ys_menu_on_r4isdhccom_cards_as_primary_kernel/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4sdhc-dual-core-firmware.421665/#post-6229829

Last edited by Technicmaster0,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I think that you need to do serveral changes to YSMenu in order to boot it on the card anyway. Normally the card will refuse to boot ysmenu.

/edit
A quick google search gave me two results:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/48oju8/ys_menu_on_r4isdhccom_cards_as_primary_kernel/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4sdhc-dual-core-firmware.421665/#post-6229829
You know what's funny is, is that I found these links before when I was looking for ysmenu for my R4-SDHC from r4i-sdhc.com cart.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You know what's funny is, is that I found these links before when I was looking for ysmenu for my R4-SDHC from r4i-sdhc.com cart.
I think that both cards are hardware-wise the same. You can use the kernel of the other by changing two bytes. You don't really need a r4isdhc.com card if you have a r4i-sdhc.com card.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Basically something like this is just me throwing money into a hole because I have no intentions of doing anything more than attempting to completely break these carts. Of course carts that survive my abuse get put in the box of pride. Those that don't, are put in the drawer of dishonor.
tbh, some of these clones are so cheap-looking that I doubt they'd bother actually trying to brick the cart. Just making it refuse to boot would be much easier.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tbh, some of these clones are so cheap-looking that I doubt they'd bother actually trying to brick the cart. Just making it refuse to boot would be much easier.
Fair enough, I read a few posts saying they bricked and said, "Makes sense, these are shabby carts." and went on with my life.

I think that both cards are hardware-wise the same. You can use the kernel of the other by changing two bytes. You don't really need a r4isdhc.com card if you have a r4i-sdhc.com card.
So basically I can already prefer the same tests? Well that saved me 10$ that I still might send because why not?

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4iSDHC.in and ~2013 R4isdhc.com were the ones that bricked iirc when people tried using them for Forwarders (these both had the spongebob icons). I had r4isdhc.in and worked quite well enough when I used it as a regular card, it also had a hacked Wood kernel. R4isdhc.com.cn has the Deep Labyrinth icon and I don't remember any accounts of bricking. But I haven't done any testing trying to get YSmenu on it.

From what I've read R4isdhc.hk can run both a DSTT kernel and a Wood-based one, if this is true it may be the superior dual-core card. I've never had it though.
'

Last edited by Sleet,

Deadniel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
themeplaza.eu
XP
Country
Peru
Hi. I bought a used DSi and it came along with that cheap R4 card "r4isdhc.com.cn" Dual Core and a SD card with games; the interface was that wood "gbatemp" theme. Everything was fine till I switched the theme to "BLACK" and the interface screwded up, I tried to reverse it but instead I think I deleted some files.

Where I could find the files for this cloned R4 card? The "r4isdhc.com.cn" doesn't exist anymore, and the "kernel" was uploaded to FileTrip and this doesn't exist as well.

Deadniel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
themeplaza.eu
XP
Country
Peru
Hi. I bought a used DSi and it came along with that cheap R4 card "r4isdhc.com.cn" Dual Core and a SD card with games; the interface was that wood "gbatemp" theme. Everything was fine till I switched the theme to "BLACK" and the interface screwded up, I tried to reverse it but instead I think I deleted some files.

Where I could find the files for this cloned R4 card? The "r4isdhc.com.cn" doesn't exist anymore, and the "kernel" was uploaded to FileTrip and this doesn't exist as well.

EDIT:
Since I cannot delete this comment (such a shame), well now the filetrip is back (I guess) and I downloaded the "Wood 1.62" kernel and it worked. Thanks to this link:
www . tech3ds .com/?product=r4isdhc-2016-dual-core-wood-com-cn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-