Hacking r4isdhc.com.cn, is it good?

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hello, I wanted a flashcart for my second 3DS and I found out this one is very cheap.
It looks to be almost identical to the R4i gold 3DS RTS. Both run wood. Tech3DS says this cart has the quality of the r4i gold.
However this one is an ace3ds plus clone and not an r4idsn clone.
I already have an R4i gold 3DS RTS

Last edited by thisisallowed,
Reactions: THYPLEX

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it. It's functionally the same as R4i Gold 3DS RTS besides not having RTS. Everything runs just as well.

The Wood 1.62 kernel appears broken at www.r4isdhc.com.cn so you need to get it elsewhere. That's why everyone complains on the product page at nds-card that they can't open dsmenu.dat.

Last edited by Sleet,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I suggest avoiding any cart that is using a hacked version of Wood R4. Although Wood R4 is no longer being updated, it's still worth avoiding these kinds of carts. Also any cart that adds a year to the cart is bound to have a timebomb, meaning the cart is likely to brick itself after a predetermined time. r4isdhc.com.cn carts just so happen to be one of those brands that creates timebomb carts.

Last edited by The Catboy,

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
r4isdhc.com.cn&knuckles
In all seriousness, anything that piles on more than one extension at the end of their URL is going to be a pile of crap and I would highly recommend not buying them. I also suggest avoiding any cart that is using a hacked version of Wood R4. Although Wood R4 is no longer being updated, it's still worth avoiding these kinds of carts. Also any cart that adds a year to the cart is bound to have a timebomb, meaning the cart is likely to brick itself after a predetermined time. r4isdhc.com.cn carts just so happen to be one of those brands that creates timebomb carts.
I never heard of it being a timebomb.
@Sleet can you change the year and check? Also, do you have 2 DS's and can check for me if it supports multiplayer?
com.cn is totally legit. I assume you're an american, but even british amazon has two extensions. In China both are accepted. Many companies use .com.cn, even air China for example.

Last edited by thisisallowed,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
r4isdhc.com.cn&knuckles
In all seriousness, anything that piles on more than one extension at the end of their URL is going to be a pile of crap
It's just a common gTLD with a country specific TLD to denote where it's from. ".com" is generally used amongst online markets because it stands for "commercial". However, the ending TLD can be a good indicator of whether or not the product will be worthwhile. It's kind of a gamble with China unfortunately.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's just a common gTLD with a country specific TLD to denote where it's from. ".com" is generally used amongst online markets because it stands for "commercial". However, the ending TLD can be a good indicator of whether or not the product will be worthwhile. It's kind of a gamble with China unfortunately.
He assumed .com.cn isn't a gTLD.
For example, you won't see .com.us, or .com.uk.

Vahnyyz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
a good question would be whether or not it works with NTR right? I think I have a similar card but there's really no details on whether this one works with NTR or not yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
a good question would be whether or not it works with NTR right? I think I have a similar card but there's really no details on whether this one works with NTR or not yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------
It does not. But I don't care about that- I already have an r4igold.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I have it. It's functionally the same as R4i Gold 3DS RTS besides not having RTS. Everything runs just as well.

The Wood 1.62 kernel appears broken at www.r4isdhc.com.cn so you need to get it elsewhere. That's why everyone complains on the product page at nds-card that they can't open dsmenu.dat.
Brought the card, hopefully it will arrive before Sukkot.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
r4isdhc.com.cn&knuckles
In all seriousness, anything that piles on more than one extension at the end of their URL is going to be a pile of crap and I would highly recommend not buying them. I also suggest avoiding any cart that is using a hacked version of Wood R4. Although Wood R4 is no longer being updated, it's still worth avoiding these kinds of carts. Also any cart that adds a year to the cart is bound to have a timebomb, meaning the cart is likely to brick itself after a predetermined time. r4isdhc.com.cn carts just so happen to be one of those brands that creates timebomb carts.
as far as I'm aware, the time bomb doesn't kill the cart, it only makes it refuse to boot if the date goes past x.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never heard of it being a timebomb.
@Sleet can you change the year and check? Also, do you have 2 DS's and can check for me if it supports multiplayer?
com.cn is totally legit. I assume you're an american, but even british amazon has two extensions. In China both are accepted. Many companies use .com.cn, even air China for example.
He assumed .com.cn isn't a gTLD.
For example, you won't see .com.us, or .com.uk.
I am actually a girl.
And the reason I included that bit is at first it appeared that they simply jacked another url and added a .cn, but it seems I was a wrong. I mixed their URL up with r4i-sdhc.com. These kinds of clones are extremely hard to keep up with. Post edited to remove that bit of confusion.
But I still standby my previous suggestion of not buying this cart. It maybe cheap, but you get what you pay for. Which in this case is a dodgy quality cart running a hacked version of Wood R4 that barely works. I honestly suggest if you want something cheap, then to buy an R4i-SDHC cart.
http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=146
http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=145
They aren't R4i Gold better, but they are defiantly better than the one you asking about.
as far as I'm aware, the time bomb doesn't kill the cart, it only makes it refuse to boot if the date goes past x.
As for the timebomb, I am at the mercy of the community. I don't buy carts with years on them because I know of the timebomb, but never tested it. Every time I do any amount of research, I get two different sides saying two different things and it's not worth spending money to find out.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am actually a girl.
And the reason I included that bit is at first it appeared that they simply jacked another url and added a .cn, but it seems I was a wrong. I mixed their URL up with r4i-sdhc.com. These kinds of clones are extremely hard to keep up with. Post edited to remove that bit of confusion.
But I still standby my previous suggestion of not buying this cart. It maybe cheap, but you get what you pay for. Which in this case is a dodgy quality cart running a hacked version of Wood R4 that barely works. I honestly suggest if you want something cheap, then to buy an R4i-SDHC cart.
http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=146
http://nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=145
They aren't R4i Gold better, but they are defiantly better than the one you asking about.

As for the timebomb, I am at the mercy of the community. I don't buy carts with years on them because I know of the timebomb, but never tested it. Every time I do any amount of research, I get two different sides saying two different things and it's not worth spending money to find out.
I brought the card I asked about, figured I listen to someone who actually has the card. I do NOT want a dstt clone. I will write my expiriance with it early october

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I brought the card I asked about, figured I listen to someone who actually has the card. I do NOT want a dstt clone. I will write my expiriance with it early october
IIRC, early builds of this cart actually were DSTT clones. I could be wrong because so many carts, so little time.
Still my post is always a suggestion, you are completely free to make your decisions.
I look forward to your review, maybe my research is wrong.

thisisallowed

中国御宅族
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
IIRC, early builds of this cart actually were DSTT clones. I could be wrong because so many carts, so little time.
Still my post is always a suggestion, you are completely free to make your decisions.
I look forward to your review, maybe my research is wrong.
The gold pro is a dstt clone.

Reactions: The Catboy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there