Luckoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I had bought a r4i ll v. 1.45 ( blue ) and it worked perfect on my dsi xl 1.4e.
But then, i updated my dsi xl to the version 1.4.1e and now, it doesn´t work anymore.
So i opened the site for the r4ill software, but then i saw, that they don´t create a software for the r4i ll v. 1.45, only for the newer version v. 1.6 (green).

So my question:

Do other softwares like wood work on my r4i ll v. 1.45 ?

It would be grateful, if someone could help me by my problem
smile.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not a question of the R4's OS, it's a question of it's firmware. Unless there is a DSi 1.4.1 patch on their website, then your cart will not work.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
yes new card required

i suggest Acekard 2i or DSTwo

the problem with cheaper carts is you have to buy a new one every time DSi gets a update

dont know how you just updated to 1.4.1 as should of gone straight to 1.4.3

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Luckoo said:
Hello guys,

I had bought a r4i ll v. 1.45 ( blue ) and it worked perfect on my dsi xl 1.4e.
But then, i updated my dsi xl to the version 1.4.1e and now, it doesn´t work anymore.
So i opened the site for the r4ill software, but then i saw, that they don´t create a software for the r4i ll v. 1.45, only for the newer version v. 1.6 (green).

So my question:

Do other softwares like wood work on my r4i ll v. 1.45 ?

It would be grateful, if someone could help me by my problem
smile.gif
If your carts website is www.ndsill.net then according to the site.
QUOTEFrom Dec.29,2010 ,the products labeled "V1.42" support the upgraded NDSI V1.42 perfectly, the V1.4 and V1.42 cards support as well.Pls download the newest kernel from the website of www.ndsill.net thanks.

Now whilst the English is bad that seems to imply that 1.4 carts are patchable to work on 1.4.2. However as there is nothing to suggest where you can download the patch from you should try the latest kernel and see if the patch is in there. However if it is you will need either a DSi running firmware 1.4 or lower or a DS/DSl to run the patch.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Luckoo said:
The website is http://www.ndsill.net/

Hmm someone told me, that the wood software would work on the r4ill v. 1.45.

Maybe i should buy a Acekard 2i, it is cheap and it will work on my dsixl
You can't use Wood but you could use RetroGameFans Multi Cart update (yours is a TT based cart) but you cannot do that until you update your cart so that it works on DSi firmware 1.4.1 or above.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Luckoo said:
Hmm and how can i update my cart?

Sorry i´m new in it :S
As I said earlier the Website seems to imply that the 1.4 cart can be updated however I've just downloaded the latest kernel for your card and there is no patch in there so the site actually meant that cards marked 1.4 can use the latest 1.4.2 kernel but cannot be updated to work on DSi firmware 1.4.2.

It looks like you need a new cart.

If you're after a relatively cheap but reliable and updateable cart (it can take them a while to update to the latest firmware but they haven't failed yet) then get a AceKard 2i.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Pong20302000 said:
yes new card required

the problem with cheaper carts is you have to buy a new one every time DSi gets a update

I had that card in the past, it was (1.41R4iLL) cheap and shitty as well. Those cards don't have a upgradeable firmware and the vendors force you to buy the latest cart to match your console's fw version.

You should check this topic from animex:

http://gbatemp.net/t285376-animex-r4i-revo...s-rls?&st=0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Gross. lol