Hardware R4i-SDHC error!

VilcsiTH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
If the 3DS updated and blocked the flash cart, it's not going to work until the cart gets updated or replaced.

Also there's no 3DS emulators, period.

The page for my card says that it supports 5.1.0-11E perfectly.

EDIT: The page says the following:
"R4i-sdhc 3ds card marked with "v5.0" and "v4.5" and "RTS" which can support N3DS V5.1.0-11 and NDSi v1.4.5 perfectly, please update the firmware to V1.67b. [2013-04-08]"

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

"R4i-sdhc 3ds card marked with "v5.0" and "v4.5" and "RTS" which can support N3DS V5.1.0-11 and NDSi v1.4.5 perfectly, please update the firmware to V1.67b. [2013-04-08]"
Yeah, it supports it if you run the update.

Which is why you need to run the update like we've been telling you.

If you can't run it, it won't work.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

love to know what page your referring to also

but indeed as rydian says

Kernel is what runs the games, to update you just copy files to the Micro SD

Firmware is what makes the system work on the console, this is a file that you have to run when the card it working
if not the card wont work because Nintendo blocked it

the R4i-SDHC team put the Firmware update into the Kernel files you download, but you still have to actually run the update

VilcsiTH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
love to know what page your referring to also

but indeed as rydian says

Kernel is what runs the games, to update you just copy files to the Micro SD

Firmware is what makes the system work on the console, this is a file that you have to run when the card it working
if not the card wont work because Nintendo blocked it

the R4i-SDHC team put the Firmware update into the Kernel files you download, but you still have to actually run the update

So now I have to wait till they release a new update for the card.
Days, months, if not years. I can work with that, I guess. Atleast my card is not 100% broken.

VilcsiTH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yeah, it supports it if you run the update.

Which is why you need to run the update like we've been telling you.

If you can't run it, it won't work.

I guess it would be a pretty childish attempt to try it with an emulator, since I guess there's no .nds file to boot. A simple DS emulator is the only thing I can come up with.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
So now I have to wait till they release a new update for the card.
Days, months, if not years. I can work with that, I guess. Atleast my card is not 100% broken.

is you card a 4.5,5.0 or RTS?
does it have a sticker with that on
e.g
img_1490__55232.jpg
B6_t.jpg

if not then no there will not be a update for your card
if yes there is already an update but you need to load the card on a console it will load on and RUN THE UPDATE

VilcsiTH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Start making friends locally that have a DS so you can update your R4 clone with their DS.

Easier said than done.

is you card a 4.5,5.0 or RTS?
does it have a sticker with that on
e.g
img_1490__55232.jpg
B6_t.jpg

if not then no there will not be a update for your card
if yes there is already an update but you need to load the card on a console it will load on and RUN THE UPDATE

I have a green 3DS sign on it and no stickers.
images

I have everything that's in this picture.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I guess it would be a pretty childish attempt to try it with an emulator, since I guess there's no .nds file to boot. A simple DS emulator is the only thing I can come up with.
That won't work because the update pi[affects the flash cart itself physically[/i], so it needs to be run ON THE FLASH CART to affect the flash cart.

VilcsiTH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Being cheap about it means doing what cost you the least. That includes making friends.

Or you can shell out money for things like a new cart or have the extra hardware required to update your stuff:
IMG_170123b.JPG

Pick one.

Sweet jesus on a stick, you got quite a collection there. HOLY S*** IS THAT A GAMEBOY MICRO?! I loved those things, it brothered me that I never could get my hands on one. However I would need a flashcard, and getting that would be just more pain. I think the best ones are the black DS Lite and the Red 3DS XL. As I never seen either of those two, and they look awesome.

then there is no update possible for your card
you need to buy a new one
they had to change the hardware inside them to work with the 4.5.0-10 and above updates

How did it work then for a day? (A day only, but it's still something.)
However, the sad thing is that you are right, because it says on the website... So I can safely throw my flashcard away in the bin, because there's no such thing as downgrading a 3DS. That's great. I f***ing love that the website says that any of those cards can be updated and supports the new update. I already considered updating to that beast card I've been hearing about, called "SuperCard DSTwo", maybe? And that it supports 3D games, and that is awesome. And I will probably need a new DS too or something if something like this happens again. I tried joining the Nintendo TV Competition, but dam, what are the chances of me winning?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
How did it work then for a day? (A day only, but it's still something.)
However, the sad thing is that you are right, because it says on the website... So I can safely throw my flashcard away in the bin, because there's no such thing as downgrading a 3DS. That's great. I f***ing love that the website says that any of those cards can be updated and supports the new update. I already considered updating to that beast card I've been hearing about, called "SuperCard DSTwo", maybe? And that it supports 3D games, and that is awesome. And I will probably need a new DS too or something if something like this happens again. I tried joining the Nintendo TV Competition, but dam, what are the chances of me winning?

well its still a working flashcard, just not on a 3DS, get a DS phat of DS Lite
its why you dont buy cheap ass clone carts, and why everyone recommends R4ids.cn R4i Gold and DSTwo's
nothing supports 3DS games, Flashcards can only do DS games and thats it

VilcsiTH

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
well its still a working flashcard, just not on a 3DS, get a DS phat of DS Lite
its why you dont buy cheap ass clone carts, and why everyone recommends R4ids.cn R4i Gold and DSTwo's
nothing supports 3DS games, Flashcards can only do DS games and thats it
Nothing plays 3DS ROMs. Period.

Yeah, probably it was a big mistake buying a f***ing R4 card. The one I brought it from said that was the best card for the 3DS. And yes, I looked it up, and sadly it won't play 3DS roms. The same person said that it can play 3DS roms I brought the R4 card from...
So now, what do YOU guys recommend? Best card in existence?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Yeah, probably it was a big mistake buying a f***ing R4 card. The one I brought it from said that was the best card for the 3DS. And yes, I looked it up, and sadly it won't play 3DS roms. The same person said that it can play 3DS roms I brought the R4 card from...
So now, what do YOU guys recommend? Best card in existence?

DSTwo, simple

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol