Hacking R4i SDHC Dual Core Update?

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes this is very strange, maybe i installed the wrong kernel.
I will try to get the latest 2013 kernel and i will post my findings later...

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried the official kernel, still not working...
But i had some time to think, how can this firmware work on 6.0, the original r4isdhc dual core 2013 (with 5.02) will not work on 6.0 (confirmed by various other websites).
This is backed up by the fact that r4i still has to put out new firmware to get this cards working again, so how can this unofficial firmware wich is the same as the original one work?
mmm, this puzzles me.
Maybe some proof from the guys who claim it does work... and how?

Dayamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
video or i guess we mark this thread as spam, lock it

because your the only one who seems to claim it works

just showing firmware the cart going into the slot and booting

Woah, I didn't know you're a "mod" here on GBATEMP bro, no need to be all high and mighty, just trying to help out some Dual Core 2013 card owners, that's all. I told you already that I'm not gonna waste my time doing a video, if you don't believe me, then it's ok, no harm done. I'm not forcing it on you or anything, sheesh, no need to get all worked up. If you want to delete my posts, fine, do what you want :D

As I said, PICTURES AS PROOF ONLY:yaynds:

3ds_01_zps3247fb65.jpg

As you can see, Ver. 6.0.0-11U

3ds_02_zpsae58b68a.jpg

My cart

3ds_03_zpsc7fe3040.jpg

Cart inserted

3ds_04_zps547e4752.jpg

Spongebob as icon, yaaay :)

3ds_05_zps2cd2d332.jpg

Boot to menu

3ds_06_zps76cae543.jpg

Game test, there you have it folks :)

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest not to run any firmware updates that aren't from the official web site. That is just a temporary fix that later on wont be so temporary because if new updates come out you won't be able to do anything.

R4isdhc.com should be coming up with the OFFICIAL updates this weekend as I was told. Just have some patience...

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cannot get it to work on my 3ds, but my firmware version is 6.0.0-12E and not 11 maybe that's the problem.
But l am still puzzled about the fact that the 2013 cards should not be working on the 6.0... firmware and yours is, even in the chinese forum there are reports that only fimware 5.0.0-11 is supported.

Dayamos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe, last time I'm going to reply to this thread, there seem to be forces at work here who doesn't want this update to go public

Cannot get it to work on my 3ds, but my firmware version is 6.0.0-12E and not 11 maybe that's the problem.
But l am still puzzled about the fact that the 2013 cards should not be working on the 6.0... firmware and yours is, even in the chinese forum there are reports that only fimware 5.0.0-11 is supported.

Uhm, no offense bro, but what chinese forum did you go to? Is it this one?
http://www.r4isdhcbbc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18479&extra=page=1&page=1

It's right there on the the subject line, IN BIG BOLD LETTERS, "...3DS 6.0" :D

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest not to run any firmware updates that aren't from the official web site. That is just a temporary fix that later on wont be so temporary because if new updates come out you won't be able to do anything.

R4isdhc.com should be coming up with the OFFICIAL updates this weekend as I was told. Just have some patience...

Although I'm inclined to agree with you the problem still remains that people with dual core new cards and not 2013 ones will probably not receive updates, what motivation would they have to support old stock when they want to sell new stuff.

Also if you have sources find out what their intention is with the new cards if you don't mind :)

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh yes the new r4 dual core stop being manufactured this year and no longer will receive updates... thats the bad thing about clones.

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hehe, last time I'm going to reply to this thread, there seem to be forces at work here who doesn't want this update to go public

Uhm, no offense bro, but what chinese forum did you go to? Is it this one?
http://www.r4isdhcbbc.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=18479&extra=page=1&page=1

It's right there on the the subject line, IN BIG BOLD LETTERS, "...3DS 6.0" :D

If you try to struggle your way through the (ill google translated) messages, you will see that there are more people who will not get this card to work on 6.0 only on 5.11 (as it should be).

And even bold letters don't have to tell the truth...:wink:
btw i also own a r4isdhc rts lite (2013 version with spongebob logo) and this one also does not work on 6.0.

Wailer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do you know that?

We have history to prove that, look at all the other cards they produced.
Most of the cards where supported for only one year, after that a new card was introduced.
Lets face it, they make fine working , sharp priced cards but also include crappy support.

Better to buy a dsttwo, who is supported for years, yes it is twice the price but cheaper in the long run...

Spidergames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any difference between R4i SDHC Dual Core and R4i SDHC RTS Lite? On video above I can clearly see on card it says RTS LITE. Mine is Dual Core, same as in topic title.. So I'm little confused about this update.. :unsure:

Cartmanuk

Trophies
XP
Country
hi kartmanuk, you are trying kernels but what i meant is reflashing a NEW version card with 2013 firmware (with the onofficial firmware at he beginning of this thread) to see if you could transform a new into a 2013 version :yaysp:

I used this update on the New card, the update worked on one card that i tried but it could not run the official 2013 Kernel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy