Hacking R4i SDHC dual-core 2017 wood firmware?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You really didn't need to go through all of that effort when we already have a pre-patched version right here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
And Wood R4 has been closed-source since 1.38. Which means that it only works on R4 (original and 1.1 clone,) M3 Simply, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), and if you can find one, the R4iDSN.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I have managed to make YSMenu as the primary firmware by patching it. Here it is if anyone interested in
Thanks, thats awesome and much better that chainloading it from ttmenu!
You really didn't need to go through all of that effort when we already have a pre-patched version right here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
Where? The version from RGF doesn't work as primary firmware.

As for Wood R4 - unfortunately no, it won't work on this r4i version. Closed source is not a problem, its been patched to work on other r4i cards like www.r4isdhc.in and www.r4isdhc.hk (this one has card with dual-boot for TTmenu/YSmenu and Wood R4) but .com versions don't have such patched Wood R4 :(

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks, thats awesome and much better that chainloading it from ttmenu!

Where? The version from RGF doesn't work as primary firmware.

As for Wood R4 - unfortunately no, it won't work on this r4i version. Closed source is not a problem, its been patched to work on other r4i cards like www.r4isdhc.in and www.r4isdhc.hk (this one has card with dual-boot for TTmenu/YSmenu and Wood R4) but .com versions don't have such patched Wood R4 :(
You have to rename one of the files. Considering the millions of R4 clones out there, I would honestly just suggest asking on that thread how to set it up for that cart.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
You have to rename one of the files. Considering the millions of R4 clones out there, I would honestly just suggest asking on that thread how to set it up for that cart.
I know how to setup r4i clones and ysmenu from that thread does not work as primary. R4i-SDHC section, dual-booting only, if you try to rename as primary card will not boot up.
So this patched version is great.

Gaboros92

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Last edited by Gaboros92,

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know how to setup r4i clones and ysmenu from that thread does not work as primary. R4i-SDHC section, dual-booting only, if you try to rename as primary card will not boot up.
So this patched version is great.
You do have to patch the file. It's rather hard to keep up with every single R4 clone's methods. Some are just DSTT clones and even use the DSTT DLDI, some use their own. But you can always ask on retro's thread and someone should have the same cart with right method.
Renaming not work if you want to boot directly from it. I used this guide to patch it: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/48oju8/ys_menu_on_r4isdhccom_cards_as_primary_kernel/
This way YSMenu works as primary firmware. :)
Like I said, lots of R4 clones out there. Not easy to remember every method, I am was pretty sure this one was a DSTT clone.

BOBdotEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renaming not work if you want to boot directly from it. I used this guide to patch it: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/48oju8/ys_menu_on_r4isdhccom_cards_as_primary_kernel/
This way YSMenu works as primary firmware. :)

This manual patching method worked for me!
It can now auto boot!

Since the first link is dead. I made an IPS patch (tested on RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.03\R4i-SDHC YSMenu)

rename 'ttmenu.dat' to 'r4.dat'

(While it can boot 'WAIO v1.16' , WAIO won't load games)

Attachments

• ttmenu_patch.zip
    183 bytes · Views: 318
Last edited by BOBdotEXE,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This manual patching method worked for me!
It can now auto boot!

Since the first link is dead. I made an IPS patch (tested on RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update v7.03\R4i-SDHC YSMenu)

rename 'ttmenu.dat' to 'r4.dat'

And yes, it can boot 'WAIO v1.16' :)
it can boot WAIO but no games work, I have tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: