Hacking R4i Save Dongle

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got mine today! Also in a manilla bubble mailer from Canada (I'm in California).
Review tomorrow after I try it out.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried to review it today. The software takes a while to load then says "Product is not authorized!" and freezes.

EDIT: Tried updating the firmware. After that, the program started and acknowledged I had a 3DS game in but wouldn't do anything because it said it didn't recognize the firmware on the dongle. Reupdated the firmware, back to product not authorized. Switched USB ports. Program starts but won't recognize anything in the dongle. Rebooted. Back to product not authorized.

EDIT 2 - Pulled dongle, started program, placed empty dongle in a 3rd different usb port, then inserted the game. This seemed to finally work.

R4i-sdhc

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, I tried to review it today. The software takes a while to load then says "Product is not authorized!" and freezes.

EDIT: Tried updating the firmware. After that, the program started and acknowledged I had a 3DS game in but wouldn't do anything because it said it didn't recognize the firmware on the dongle. Reupdated the firmware, back to product not authorized. Switched USB ports. Program starts but won't recognize anything in the dongle. Rebooted. Back to product not authorized.

EDIT 2 - Pulled dongle, started program, placed empty dongle in a 3rd different usb port, then inserted the game. This seemed to finally work.

Have you tried to change another original cart? whether appeared the same problem?

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Have you tried to change another original cart? whether appeared the same problem?

Thanks for the official reply. It seems I need to start the program, then insert the dongle, then insert the game and it works fine, otherwise it freezes. See review here - http://gbatemp.net/topic/317864-my-save-dongle-review/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ