ROM Hack R4i-Gold Pro?

VictorinaToriPea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hello!

I've been waiting and waiting for r4ids.cn to put out a patch for my Metroid card and I'm tired of waiting. My question is will this: http://www.eachgame.me/goods-9605.html flashcart work out for me? I mean it's only about five bucks, Pong's compatibility list indicates it should work for 4.5.0, and the website says so as well, but I guess I'd like to hear people's opinion on it. I searched but couldnt really find anything about it. R4i and Supercard seem to be the rage, but I really can't afford the $40 for a DSTWO. Any help is appreciated. :)

SilverArcher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well, apparently dstwo is the best choice. but the R4ids.cn released a patch for R4i gold 3ds revision (6,7,8,9,A,C) to work on DSi v1.45 days ago. it shows they are working on the old cards at least.

Monster3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tender to agree with Rydian's view,after all,dstwo is the best card at present and it's the most powerful card too.From a long term running,this card is right for you.and now many store provide pre-flashed dstwo ,so you dont need any updating.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just get a DSTWO and save yourself the needless hassle and stress of knowing that <insert future SM update> can render your card useless find yourself unable to update it. The DSTWO has never needed a new revision to work on a new menu, just an update, which is almost always released in under 24 hours. Should you update before updating your cartridge, the DSTWO can still be updated on the system that blocks it even if you can't launch the card, useful if you only own a DSi/3DS and not an older system.

If you want quality, you're going to have to front a little bit more money for it, but it'll be worth it. The seller I buy from is $40 + shipping, a little higher than other places, but I continue to buy from them because in my eyes they run a pretty respectable business, customer service wise, and being that I live in the same state as them I get the item in two days from placing my order. Other Chinese based sellers sell the card for a bit less and with free shipping, but you're going to be waiting around or upwards of a month to actually receive your item in most cases.

VictorinaToriPea

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Ok thanks guys. I do know that the DSTWO is the best card out there, it's just a lot of money right now. I probably will get it once some fundage comes in. It's just so feature heavy but as you said it's worth it not worry about the possible blocking. And yeah r4ids.cn released a new patch yesterday but apparently only for DSi/XL. What bothers me more is that there wasn't really anything that said on the website hey some cards are mislabeled. :( But still me own fault, I know better than to update without checking my flashcart. :( Live and learn. :) Well, at least this cheapie card will work for the moment, I do have a DS phat to flash it on if it comes needing an update. Thanks!

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ok thanks guys. I do know that the DSTWO is the best card out there, it's just a lot of money right now. I probably will get it once some fundage comes in. It's just so feature heavy but as you said it's worth it not worry about the possible blocking. And yeah r4ids.cn released a new patch yesterday but apparently only for DSi/XL. What bothers me more is that there wasn't really anything that said on the website hey some cards are mislabeled. :( But still me own fault, I know better than to update without checking my flashcart. :( Live and learn. :) Well, at least this cheapie card will work for the moment, I do have a DS phat to flash it on if it comes needing an update. Thanks!

yea sadly there expensive but worth it :D

R4ids.cn are good but a bug recently made them go abit down hill and the fact there card has quite a few revisions causes trouble
DSTwo there is one and only revision so no worries there plus it can fully emulate a DS cartridge so dont have to worry about blocks anytime soon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
  • D @ dadadad:
    Should I just accept that I won't play this game anymore, or is there a way to solve this problem?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For some reason I remember a bunch of swear words tho, lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, cuz we swear more than talk normally i guess
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @dadadad I would do like @The Real Jdbye said, they are very wise. +1