Hacking R4i Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0B2 released !

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
R4i are bad guys because they end up hurting Gateway users:
1. Gateway has to spend more time fighting R4i with implementing booby traps
2. Gateway users have to wait longer for features (see 1)
3. Gateway will spend less effort into innovating and implementing new features as cloners will clone it anyway and no longer worth the effort
4. Gateway users will have less features (see 3)

If R4i are implementing their own features and not copying Gateway then they would not need to implement such booby traps and have more time working on real features

If there was healthy competition between Gateway and rivals then there would be a race to get features implemented first. Thus benefiting end users of either flashcards.
But aslong as Gateway is the only party always delivering the features and cloners just cloning, this is not a healthy situation for the 3ds scene

Hi, fanboy, are you going to start another war?
It's not good for you to make such statements because you know nothing more about the firmware released by r4i team.

D

Deleted User

It's not good for you to make such statements because you know nothing more about the firmware released by r4i team.

Seriously? Let's stick to facts and not ad hominem attacks please. I know enough about the firmware released by r4i team to know they are copying Gateway again and again and again.

Reactions: emo kid 68

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
R4i are bad guys because they end up hurting Gateway users:
1. Gateway has to spend more time fighting R4i with implementing booby traps
2. Gateway users have to wait longer for features (see 1)
3. Gateway will spend less effort into innovating and implementing new features as cloners will clone it anyway and no longer worth the effort
4. Gateway users will have less features (see 3)

But then,Gw are bad guys because they end up hurting Nintendo customers:
1. Nintendo has to spend more time fighting gw implementing security measures
2. Nintendo customers have to wait longer for features (see 1)
3. Nintendo will spend less effort into innovating and implementing new features and games as pirates will pirate it anyway and no longer worth the effort
4. Nintendo customers will have less features (see 3)

Seriously? Let's stick to facts and not ad hominem attacks please. I know enough about the firmware released by r4i team to know they are copying Gateway again and again and again.

Proof that 4.02b is copied and from gw pls? Facts, not your intuition.

Reactions: tranfeer
D

Deleted User

Proof that 4.02b is copied and from gw pls? Facts, not your intuition.

Take a look at the 4.02b multirom menu and then compare it with Gateway's. There is your proof.

And did I say GW is innocent? However, we all bought the Gateway for one thing, and as a Gateway user I don't want R4i to hurt me as end user, which R4i is doing by cloning Gateway.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Take a look at the 4.02b multirom menu and then compare it with Gateway's. There is your proof.

And did I say GW is innocent? However, we all bought the Gateway for one thing, and as a Gateway user I don't want R4i to hurt me as end user, which R4i is doing by cloning Gateway.
Every road leads to rome.
Can you understand it?

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You only draw this conclusion by the UI.
Do you think it scientific enough?
Are you freaking kidding me? Look at the change logs in their firmware! What are you getting by defending r4? Some sort of feeling of superiority?

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Are you freaking kidding me? Look at the change logs in their firmware! What are you getting by defending r4? Some sort of feeling of superiority?

This could easily be applied to most of the Gateway "That word"'s on this website. Still, there's not much to gain from an argument like this.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I have just realized that they still showed loading a save of pokemon in their vid and they haven't explained how... because with the patch we can save without freezing but it won't load.... but they are loading the game like nothing O.o

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they injected the save using the card2sav tool
the patcher tool doesnt work on anything but eshop games and its not actually saving the game, the 512kb limit is too small for it

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria

I think he is a gateway member! or anything closer :P
before any pro-gateway considers attacking, I want him to know the following: am a gateway user :D

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have just realized that they still showed loading a save of pokemon in their vid and they haven't explained how... because with the patch we can save without freezing but it won't load.... but they are loading the game like nothing O.o

you can load, but you can't save..... you can download and inject a save ;)

edit: so theoretically, if there are enough saves from other people at different story points, it IS possible for a clone user to keep playing through the game, if he keeps playing from save point to save point and then always injects the new save, might be even interesing, if he uses saves from different people, so it will always be a new experience lol ....

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
you can load, but you can't save..... you can download and inject a save ;)

edit: so theoretically, if there are enough saves from other people at different story points, it IS possible for a clone user to keep playing through the game, if he keeps playing from save point to save point and then always injects the new save, might be even interesing, if he uses saves from different people, so it will always be a new experience lol ....

Nope , you can save , using the patch to make the cart card1 type. What you cant do is load as it will find corrupted data..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P