Hacking R4i Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0B2 released !

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4IGOLD3DS1-2.jpg

1 week after announcing 4.0b2 was to be released to the public, The R4 team has released it. Oh look, they even put gateway's splitter tool in the download, how nice of them... Never mind it's their own tool.
One plus side for existing r4i users is that there doesn't seem to be a revision. The update seems to only support up to 32gb cards as opposed to Mt-card's 64gb and Gateway's 128gb. Someone please verify if online is working via r4i gold.

Changelog said:
Deluxe Edition firmware 4.0b2 is released ! (2014-07-15)

change log:
1.Support Multi-ROM
2.Support FAT32&exFAT
3.Support up to 32GB tf card
4.Support online play(to be tested)
5.Because of the 3ds system's updating, emuNand is delayed.

Attention: For the limitation of memory space, the MH4 patch cannot be added in this update, sure you can play the MH4 through Deluxe Firmware 4.0B1.

:arrow: Source

EDIT 1: Video of firmware in action showing Multirom functionality, loading of a pokemon save and switiching to Mario Kart 7.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Just an idea guys... can someone check if there is the brick code just like they checked in the omega version ? if they can't find the same pattern then there wont' be anythign to worry about

Ok I have just checked the files.... the launcher of 4.0b2 weights half than gateway first omega beta.... they have copied just the multirom for sure

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an idea guys... can someone check if there is the brick code just like they checked in the omega version ? if they can't find the same pattern then there wont' be anythign to worry about

Ok I have just checked the files.... the launcher of 4.0b2 weights half than gateway first omega beta.... they have copied just the multirom for sure

That does not make any sense at all.

"Oh, 4.0b2 launcher is half as big as GW's launcher. This means there's no brick code"

Wow. Much scientific method.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
No , it means it's possibly not gateway launcher at all and the most probable explanation is that they copied multirom on top of the mt card launcher

If it's that smaller it can't be at all the gateway launcher and if it is , it's heavily modified to the point they have possibly removed the brick code too

But that's why i'm asking for the same people that found that the brick code was still on gateway omega to do that search here... to be safe..

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I said basically ^^ , just think that no launcher since emunand has weighted less than 1.9~~ . So , for the launcher to have brick code , it would have to be gateway omega with removed emunand and the protection needing a gateway etc etc etc. Which would be stupid if they can remove those things and not remove the brick code.

Still the most probable answer is that they found a way to copy multirom on top of the mtcard firmware

kublai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sux now you have to give up MH4 to have other features. Looks like there won't be enough memory for anything else in the future?

bartimeaus91

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No , it means it's possibly not gateway launcher at all and the most probable explanation is that they copied multirom on top of the mt card launcher

If it's that smaller it can't be at all the gateway launcher and if it is , it's heavily modified to the point they have possibly removed the brick code too

But that's why i'm asking for the same people that found that the brick code was still on gateway omega to do that search here... to be safe..
4.0b1, based on MT fw, was 0,97mb

4.0b2 is 0,99mb

This sounds like the MT fw updated with the new features.

Comparing file sizes is not indicative of anything except perhaps the amount of code there actually is. This does not conclusively mean that 4.0b2 is using MT nor that it does not have brick code.

First and foremost, the multirom menu is essentially identical to GW. That should be a glaring indicator that it is copied from GW.

It's possible that any brick code MIGHT have been removed but PLEASE DO NOT SAY THERE IS NO BRICK CODE or THAT IT'S based of MT CARD.

You will screw over someone by saying something that you do not know for a fact.

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Comparing file sizes is not indicative of anything except perhaps the amount of code there actually is. This does not conclusively mean that 4.0b2 is using MT nor that it does not have brick code.

First and foremost, the multirom menu is essentially identical to GW. That should be a glaring indicator that it is copied from GW.

It's possible that any brick code MIGHT have been removed but PLEASE DO NOT SAY THERE IS NO BRICK CODE or THAT IT'S based of MT CARD.

You will screw over someone by saying something that you do not know for a fact.

You know... if there file weighs half of the gateway launcher maybe it's because it's heavily modified or just a different file altogether huh?

To be able to modify the file so much would mean they can detect the brick code and remove it , Although I believe like sly95 has said that it's just a update of the mt firmware. Sounds too much of a hassle modifying all of gateway launcher.

Anyways I took a step in. Using it right now. Multirom works and I thought they screwed it up but you need to follow this step ALWAYS when swapping games:

"Q: Game icon canot display after selecting a game like step 8,how can I do then?
A: For the game icons cannot display, please do as:
1. Press KEY_SELECT, and then press KEY_B
2. The games list will show on the top screen after you press "KEY_SELECT", choose one of the games you like,
press KEY_A to make the game icon display"

Which basically means that if you want to swap games you need to go to the game select menu and press b , then enter the menu again and select the new game ( does it work like that on gateway? anyhow it's nothing important for the facility of having multirom ^^)

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're dense. Let's see, we have 4.0b1 launcher which we know for sure it's based on mt card , and there is NO brick code possible in there. We get a new 4.0b2 version only one month and a half later that "only" ( it's a big thing tho) has multirom and weights a bit more. these are the options

A) They managed to copy only the multirom on their safe mt-card cloned firmware
B) they copied gateway omega and disabled : emunand , launcher menu , gateway protection ,nand save and eshop games , etc etc etc

Do you really think B is possible ? in only 1 month and half? and that by doing it they basically wasted all their effort copying mt card ? sorry but I don't see that possible.

Also , forget for a moment they are cloners. Do you REALLY think anyone would fall twice into that trap and doom their card forever? or maybe LOOK for another way to copy their stuff and skyrocket their sales with multirom which is what most people ask of a flashcard..

Just stop advocating your opinions as facts, if you don't have a solid proof about it then don't say there is no (there may not be) brick code. File size is irrelevant.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Is it really bad to suggest people wait for something a bit more substantial than "the file size is different" I don't think anyone without proper technical knowledge should be trying to draw conclusions, so as to not lead people into playing guinea pig,

You could very well be correct, infact I would go as far as saying it's "probably" safe, but I don't want anyone getting bricked for the sake of waiting to hear from actual devs

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Phoenix wright works tho :D , they patched the sig checks too so we have eshop roms working yayyyyyyy

ED: Hmm sometimes after exiting a game I need to extract the cart for the multirom to work again because the "Pressing B to unload the rom" thing doesn't work hmhm..

bartimeaus91

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Red big text = equal to hostile.

For those of you that missed it. I mentioned that masterzero was beating a dead horse going on and on about the file size being different hence because of this, there is no brick code.

I then used big red text to say "Different file size does not mean no brick code"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4