Hacking R4i 3DS (r4i-sdhc.com) Problem

Splodge_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere. I see other people are having problems with this card but not my exact problem.

I updated my card firmware to v1.49b. The update seemed to work - the card's ID changed (from Japanese Castlevania to Prince Caspian) but whenever I launch the card it stays stuck on two blank white screens. I tried reformatting the card and recopying everything again but still can't get it to show anything other than blank white screens.

Today, the download links for that firmware were down and a little later a new one was released (v1.50b). I'm guessing that maybe a problem became known with the old firmware. Anyway, I downloaded v1.50b and put it on my microsd. But I can't do anything with it - the card still launches to blank white so I can't update it or do anything.

I had a look online. This is the only place I saw the same problem mentioned http://games-engine....=14050&pageNo=5 (there's no solution there yet though).

Anyone have the same problem? Or any advice on what I can do? I'd definitely appreciate any help. I hope the card isn't completely killed.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You seem to have bricked your cart. I've been looking over other threads regarding this flashcart's updater, and it really seems like it doesn't work for the majority of people. Unfortunately, the website doesn't offer an updater that is downloadable through the computer, so there's no way to swap + reflash it in hopes of recovering your cart (if it even supports swapping + reflashing). Maybe the official site will release an updater that can fix the brick, maybe not.

Splodge_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks anyway. I've a feeling there's no fixing this but I'll keep an eye on the official site for news. It worked fine but it doesn't seem like a particularly great card so it might be worth replacing with something better anyway.

Splodge_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the double-post but just wanted to give an update.
Looks like it was definitely a bug in the firmware. They've released a fix for the problem. I haven't tried it yet (requires 2 flash cards) but I thought it worth posting here in case anyone else has the same problem:

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/fixwhitescreen_en.pdf (Instructions here)

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sorry for the double-post but just wanted to give an update.
Looks like it was definitely a bug in the firmware. They've released a fix for the problem. I haven't tried it yet (requires 2 flash cards) but I thought it worth posting here in case anyone else has the same problem:

http://www.r4i-sdhc....tescreen_en.pdf (Instructions here)
Oh and just remember that you can use any flashcart to run that file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again