Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Loading screen won't tell you the exact build version though. The "3.0 Beta2" release build on github is too old for the current SRL's I'm using. It lacks the patch needed for NULL sigs. I really wish they would at least update that build with the new TWL patch.

This is getting ridiculous. I've posted a new issue on their GitHub asking them to update the damn release build already. It's obviously causing problems with folks using the wrong build when using custom DSiWare.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
N3ds 10.7 emunand
Reinand cfw

My dstt does not boot, black screen "please reboot"

I m using the files from the zip, it should be the original dstt, from dstt.com for nds/dsl/dslxl

I can boot my r4i, so twl should be properly patched.
Do i need the ds whitelist?

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
N3ds 10.7 emunand
Reinand cfw

My dstt does not boot, black screen "please reboot"

I m using the files from the zip, it should be the original dstt, from dstt.com for nds/dsl/dslxl

I can boot my r4i, so twl should be properly patched.
Do i need the ds whitelist?

The only reasons why you get the "Error has occured" message is due to not having patched TWL_FIRM, or you have attempted to use the launcher from emunand without also installing it to sysnand. (remember. rxTools 3.0 beta2 does NOT have the needed TWL_FIRM patch. Do NOT use that version of rxTools!)

Reactions: lucks

PK Sync

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have this R4 that just came in the mail and an O3DS 10.6 emuNAND rxTools 2.6. What do? Just install that WoodR4 CIA?

Attachments

• 2016-03-19 (1).jpg
    2016-03-19 (1).jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 243

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
rxTools 2.6 is way too old. Does it even patch TWL_FIRM? You need to update to a build NEWER then 3.0 Beta2 or install a prepatched TWL_FIRM CIA to emunand. Then install WoodR4 CIA to BOTH emunand AND sysnand. Then you'll be be able to use the R4. ;)

PK Sync

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxTools 2.6 is way too old. Does it even patch TWL_FIRM? You need to update to a build NEWER then 3.0 Beta2 or install a prepatched TWL_FIRM CIA to emunand. Then install WoodR4 CIA to BOTH emunand AND sysnand. Then you'll be be able to use the R4. ;)

Which rxTools comes with the TWL_FIRM?

gatao30cm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What about my case? I keep getting "An error has occurred" with TWL-Slot 1, but I can get all the TWL-Slot2 to launch fine, except for not booting my flashcard, of course. TWL-Slot1 is installed both on sys and emunand and I've got my twl_firm patched. N3DS btw. A pic of my card if it helps

AVxU4Ln.jpg

Apache Thunder

OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
What about my case? I keep getting "An error has occurred" with TWL-Slot 1, but I can get all the TWL-Slot2 to launch fine, except for not booting my flashcard, of course. TWL-Slot1 is installed both on sys and emunand and I've got my twl_firm patched. N3DS btw. A pic of my card if it helps

AVxU4Ln.jpg

You've gotten my other stage 2 launchers to work but it shows error has occurred when using TWL Slot-1 Launcher?

That means your flashcart's internal rom is using an incompatible arm7 code/ram entry address and TWL_FIRM blocked it from booting.

You will need a stage2 Launcher to launch it. Try my TTDS Launcher. (you will need to rename the kernel DAT file on your card's MicroSD card to TTMenu.dat if it isn't already using that file name).

If that doesn't work, then use my R4i Gold Launcher as that will work with some of the TTDS clones that didn't work with the official TTDS Launcher. The R4i Gold launcher expects the kernel DAT on MicroSD to be R4.dat by the way.

Also. CycloDS iEvolution users. Need this tested:

BOOTUPDT_mod.rar

I modified the My Cooking Coach rom to boot into DSi Exclusive mode with SD and other stuff enabled. I also gave it and the DS rom a custom icon. Try and have the CycloDS iEvolution update it's internal rom with that modified file. Note you will need patched TWL_FIRM to launch the card afterwords. Either way, you can easily go back to the official bootstrap by regenning the official update file. When building the bootstrap, I tried to modify the Cooking Coach rom before it goes to integrate it into the update file. But the exe has a CRC check on it. I may try and get some one to look into patching that check out if the above file doesn't work. I don't know if there's a CRC check for it once it's inside the update evo file. If there is one, then the card will refuse to flash it. But it's worth a shot. I will try and get a iEvo at some point so I can experiment and try to get it into DSi Exclusive mode. (I don't think I can enable SD access in hybrid mode. Like NTR mode, it looks like it would ignore the access control section of the DSi Extended header since it's all zero normally.

It would be nice to have this boot with extra stuff enabled.

Also I can try and do a stage2 launcher for it instead but would need to have someone dump the rom of it while it's switched to DSi mode. That way I could try and launch it in DSi Exclusive mode that way instead.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

riechan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Running a 9.2U/10.5U O3DS on Menuhax/rxTools 3. Every time I try to boot sysNAND from Menuhax (or from the rxTools portal), I go on a loop back to Menuhax. Is this supposed to be normal? I'm able to boot just fine to sysNAND if I remove the SD card. I'd install WoodR4 Launcher to S/E but this boot behavior worries me.

Edit: Fixed the issue. Installed the launcher to NAND but I'm getting an "Turn Power Off" error when I boot the launcher.

Last edited by riechan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: in that case.. Both +1