Homebrew R4 Stage2 TWL Flashcart Launcher(and perhaps other cards soon™)....

TheGag96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's that have to do with loading old NDS flashcards?

Look above, I have to install the launcher on sysNAND and emuNAND to get it to work. It's just I've ran into a bunch of problems even doing THAT... The point is I'm asking if installing this thing is even possible now lol.

ChrisTR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, so I'm using what I believe is an original r4. My friend gave it to me and the label is worn down, so I'm not 100% sure, but it only works on my DS Lite and has no banner. I installed the cia of the v2 patched TWL. I've tested both the first launcher linked in this thread and the last launcher linked (wood r4 and wood r4 dsi mode). And every time It'll boot to this screen and just stop.

View attachment 40472

If I press A, this happens

View attachment 40471

No theme shows, no text shows, and I can't launch anything. I can't even navigate my files. Any idea what's up with this? I"m using the latest wood firmware (1.62). I also have an r4i-sdhc 1.4.3 and it does the exact same thing.

EDIT: I see a v3 was posted while I was typing, I'll try that one really quick.

TerraCadence I have the same screen on my 3ds on v2 and v1 in v3 for me showed up the menu with no problem.

EDIT: Man I tried to run the launcher in emunand and freeze all the time, I only have success in pasta mode and I don't know why.

Last edited by ChrisTR,

BooBooBear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I'm using what I believe is an original r4. My friend gave it to me and the label is worn down, so I'm not 100% sure, but it only works on my DS Lite and has no banner. I installed the cia of the v2 patched TWL. I've tested both the first launcher linked in this thread and the last launcher linked (wood r4 and wood r4 dsi mode). And every time It'll boot to this screen and just stop.

View attachment 40472

View attachment 40471

No theme shows, no text shows, and I can't launch anything. I can't even navigate my files. Any idea what's up with this? I"m using the latest wood firmware (1.62). I also have an r4i-sdhc 1.4.3 and it does the exact same thing.

EDIT 2: Same results.

I had the same problem. Apparently the old R4 cards are not able to read sdhc cards so you need to try a 2 gb or smaller sd card.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've got an R4-SDHC (r4i-sdhc.com).
None of the previous postet launchers worked.
Here is the Kernel from the flashcards website: Download
And here is a dump made with wooddumper: Download

Just finished that one:

R4Launcher_SDHC.rar

Let me know if it works. If not, I'll try with the version dumped with Wooddumper.

TerraCadence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. Apparently the old R4 cards are not able to read sdhc cards so you need to try a 2 gb or smaller sd card.
I am using a 2GB card.

Just finished that one:

R4Launcher_SDHC.rar

Let me know if it works. If not, I'll try with the version dumped with Wooddumper.

Maybe this one will work with my other card and I can stop trying to use this old old r4 I have.

AtlasFontaine

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

View attachment 40472

View attachment 40471

EDIT 2: Same results.

Don't use the DSi mode builds posted before, use the one in the OP, and also put the r4 Wood kernel 1.62 in the root of the sd card of your r4.

Last edited by AtlasFontaine,

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure you didn't just get a bad dump? Because that white screen with the loading icon on the bottom is not how DSTT usually loads. It should load in a way that's similar to this pic:
dstt-menu-error.jpg
well the file he posted seems to have TTMenu in it wheres the picture you posted is basically what the card physically has on it. On that note, would it be possible to somehow inject maybe that original in such a .cia and let that load the menu off the card?

Sitri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it necessary for you to get a dump of the actual cart, or would firmware files alone be fine?

I have an EZ Flash V, but I'm unable to get a dump of the cart on my own(incompatible router, no 3-in-1 cart)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Is it necessary for you to get a dump of the actual cart, or would firmware files alone be fine?

I have an EZ Flash V, but I'm unable to get a dump of the cart on my own(incompatible router, no 3-in-1 cart)

Send me the firmware files. I'll take a look.

Also I also did the rom dump of the R4 SDHC clone. It looks like a clone of DSTT as the rom dump had DSTT in the header. So perhaps it will also work with DSTT and it's clones:

DSTT_R4SDHC_Launcher.rar

It just white screens on my end. The Arm7 code/ram entry settings had to be fixed. If that causes it to not work for the DSTT/R4SDHC clone, then there's nothing more I can do to make those work. :(

Nah, I believe that's the original.

If you're still having trouble getting my launcher to work with it, try formatting SD card (back it up first) and reinstall Wood firmware afterwords to see if that helps. You can also try a different MicroSD card entirely. It may just not like the one you are currently using.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Marko1000Marko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Send me the firmware files. I'll take a look.

Also I also did the rom dump of the R4 SDHC clone. It looks like a clone of DSTT as the rom dump had DSTT in the header. So perhaps it will also work with DSTT and it's clones:

DSTT_R4SDHC_Launcher.rar

It just white screens on my end. The Arm7 code/ram entry settings had to be fixed. If that causes it to not work for the DSTT/R4SDHC clone, then there's nothing more I can do to make those work. :(

If you're still having trouble getting my launcher to work with it, try formatting SD card (back it up first) and reinstall Wood firmware afterwords to see if that helps. You can also try a different MicroSD card entirely. It may just not like the one you are currently using.

The two launchers you posted don't work for the DSTT :(
The DSTT firmware can be found here: http://www.r4wood.com/Kernel/f/ttmenu V1.18_en.7z
I appreciate your effort!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok