Not open for further replies.

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i wish i never made this because apparently no can appreciate that im trying to help you people never say anything nice you just throw shit back in peoples faces

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
beve said:
i wish i never made this because apparently no can appreciate that im trying to help you people never say anything nice you just throw shit back in peoples faces

Help us? How?

You haven't actually changed anything, and I don't see how that can help us at all. It would have been more reasonable if you had said "My first attempt at hex editing" instead of saying you have made an ultra-super-awesome-cool firmware which isn't any different from the crap-stupid-old firmware named 1.18, and then saying it protects you from bricking, which is obviously doesn't...

DarkRey

still transfoooorming.... with sum lags!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
QUOTE said:
and you pricks worried about game compatibility THIS IS TO SAVE PEOPLE FROM BEING BRICKED
dude whts the point of buying a $50 flashcart and not being able to play the latest games on it, thats the same as having a bricked flashcart!?!
hate2.gif

and most of the people here have a real r4ds not a clone. and even if they did have a cloned one, there will be someone who will hack that firmware and take the bricking part out.
this is an example of wht gbatemp member can do(it only took 3 days to hack and translate) http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=89197

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
beve said:

Put down the ego and step away slowly...

Don't get shirty with everyone here for telling the truth. Your problem is that you believe you have acheived alot more here than you actually have. How exactly is this different from people just using the standard 1.18? How many cases of 1.18 bricking peoples cards do you know of? All you've actually done is taken a non-bricking firmware and edited the revision number and added a different media player. You've done nothing overly amazing that the average Temper (remember there's ALOT of very smart people here) couldn't do themselves. Having temper-tantrums because people haven't turned around and called you a coding magician isn't really going to have a positive effect on how people see you.

Sit back, take a deep breath and think about what you've actually done here and you'll see why people aren't really all that impressed. Like Raestloz sai, if you'd have just put "R4 1.18 pre-built with Sakura" you would have got alot more credit than saying you have hacked a firmware to not brick your cart/ds when it didn't do that to begin with. It would be like saying you souped your car up to do 60 miles an hour when it could do it anyway.

psycoblaster

Divine
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
beve said:
you never made anything.
It's just the same old r4 1.18 just "changed" into 2.00.
so foolish of how you do not even read our replies and take them positively. Using a french firmware does not change anything at all. Nobody will appreciate you just by changing our moonshell into the hacked sakura firmware that most of us already have. all you've done is change 1.18 to 2.00 using a stupid french firmware which has no compatibility difference with the damn english version. The R4 team makes all of the firmwares and probably during firmware translation, only the text is changed. if the future firmware will all brick your DS, then all languages will be the same - god damn nevermind you won't consider my reply anyways. what's the point in explaining everything to you while you use your kindergarten mind to do something that is obviously a failed attempt, while you think you are actually helping us?
We throw shit in your face because all you make is shit. You don't take other's advice or comments, and you think you are doing the "right thing".
this is no custom firmware at all - a simple text change and the hacked sakura firmware for multimedia. A custom firmware will actually be something like using a homemade or a completely modded firmware to have better compatibilities or more features. You didn't add anything at all -
And you say this is to save us from being bricked?
well no firmware currently bricks our DS, so you can just shut your trap until the "bricking firmware" is released.
Doing something now doesn't make a difference; all of the firmware currently won't brick our DS and they will never.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
beve if you really want to save yourself alot of grief then look at this thread

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=97615

It's for YSMenu and it does everything you're claiming this does, and more. Installing YSMenu adds perfect game capability, uses the DSTT firmware for it's patching stuff (at least I think that's what it uses it for), it allows you to run GB/NES/GBA roms direct from the menu if you have a slot 2 cart and allows skins. It also won't ever brick your cloned R4 because it does't care and won't rely on 1.19 if it ever does come out and does actually brick the cart like it alleges.

That my friend is why you claiming this is a "l33t h4x0rZ br@nd nu + ultra kewl no-br1kk1ng cust0m f1rmw4r3" really just don't cut it.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raestloz said:
3)Downloaded a patched M3Sakura firmware (available here in GBATemp.net) and integrated it into the firmware by changing the name to _ds_mshl.nds,

Wait. What? GBAtemp has the patched m3 sakura that wont run games but movies and music instead? I thought that was gone since a week after it was released?

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, that's always been available here (and all over the net, for that matter), as there's supposedly no issue with other carts being able to use a restricted version of Sakura.
But, as in the troll's upload, it's a mere replacement of moonshell (less capacity to run homebrew).

I switched back to moonshell because hacked sakura does not load homebrew & roms, consequently folders needed to be made showing in the R4 load screen to access homebrew (rather have them sitting in 'invisible' moonshell folder). Plus, I hated seeing all of my roms & homebrew in Sakura that it couldn't load.

paul3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm i think you should all give this guy a break, in his mind he thought he had done something different and is proud of his work which is fine.

Sure its not what you all wanted and perhapses not exactly as he claims it to be but still if everyone puts peoples efforts down all the time then no one will ever bother making homebrew will they!?!?!?!?

Anyway thats my 2 cents worth

paul

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, that was 2 cents poorly spent.....be careful sweeping up troll shit. You obviously have no idea of what this kid has 'put together' here and his posting history.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Off-topic: Why do people say M3Sakura for media playing in R4 is worse than moonshell? It's not like Monshell can boot ROMs, so it doesn't actualy replace anything but pictures and User Interface

On-topic: The only problem with this guy here is that he is delusioning. He didn't think that v1.18 was never meant to brick any cart, and that wil never change, except you put the bricking code into it, and this guy never actually take something from the official v1.18. Well, except the string 1.18, English version, and Moonshell.

That said, what he did was replacing Moonshell with Sakura which is not THAT better than Moonshell, and he's PROUD of it, can you really appreciate it?

The bricker loader hasn't even out yet, how come he save us from it?

beve

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
paul3100 said:
Hmmm i think you should all give this guy a break, in his mind he thought he had done something different and is proud of his work which is fine.

Sure its not what you all wanted and perhapses not exactly as he claims it to be but still if everyone puts peoples efforts down all the time then no one will ever bother making homebrew will they!?!?!?!?

Anyway thats my 2 cents worth

paul

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Steams valued at 300b