Hacking R4 gold having trouble

lancetti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just got this card brand new. "R4 3DS Upgrade SDHC Revolution Gold Pro 2015"
r4idsc.com
Specifically I'm trying to run this on a DSi (pkmn black special edition)
My problem: the game menu freezes / doesn't load/show / the game loads double white screens (that's what prompted me to format it)
Games I want to run: Tales of Innocence english patch .nds / Tales of the Tempest english patch .nds / TWEWY (U)
side: i seem to be unable to delete folders, but items in the folders can be deleted

I downloaded the "moon" kernal program from that site, and put it on. I formatted my SD card with the specific SD Formatter the site suggested. (Cept the formatter was in english)

It opens as a Touch! Bomberman Land Nintendo game. The calendar loads in the corner and says its Format FAT16.

Now, I tried moving moonshl2.dat and .nds to the root of the SD card to see if that'd fix my problem. And it didn't (instead, when the thing loads, it errors and won't load the Game file list, when it did before). So I've moved the files back into the moonshl2 folder.

Lf2o7.jpg

I keep getting the error "Application Halted!!! refer to moonshl2/logbuf.txt" and all I can do is hit the power button to softreset.
After doing so, I click the Games menu - and it's empty / freezes. So I have to softreset again. Of note, I can click multimedia and config tabs without problem. Until I do multimedia/Games and I get the same logbuf.txt error.

After, I drop the card back in to inspect it on my computer and there's a new .sys file. As well as no sign in the moonshl2 folder for the logbuf.txt.
mOaUh.jpg

The contents of the Games folder is now gone, and all of the games have been auto-deleted. (I don't recall if the used up size has changed according to Win7, but it's ~189MB (on disk) with just Tales of Innocence.nds on it.

After all of that, I delete the SWRESET.SYS file and moved the ToI.nds to the root. Now it lets me see the file on the Games menu. I click it and get a DEMONO.SYS error/Reset system. I do so, and click the Games menu - and it's glitching empty again. Below's the current files on my root (remember, I can't delete the useless TTMenu and Games folders for some reason).
TWpLe.jpg

Specifically.. I have no clue what's wrong. Am I supposed to be putting more than just the .nds files? ie. my Tales of Tempest that I have saved, I still have the 0625 - Cover / Icon / InGame / WRG files.
(The games do not appear in the Games menu when in the Games folder.)

lancetti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I've found a few tutorials that said it has to be FAT32. So first I tried formatting it with Window's formatter. The card said please don't do that, so I tried again with the SDFormatter (this time changing the settings to quick/off).

I made a Games folder, and dropped the Tales of Innocence.nds eng patch into the Games folder. It was able to be seen from the Games menu on the DSi, and it was able to make a save file. (Both SWRESET and DEMON0 were automatically made.)

While loading up the game, I got a DEMON0.SYS error, which said to reset the system. So I did, and put the card back into my computer to see what has changed. It now looks like the below picture.
Uh6Bn.jpg

Of note, this time, in the Games folder - the games are still there! There's also a .sav file for the game.

So... any thoughts?
I did read one tutorial that showed an image of a DEMON file exists on their R4, so they have DEMON, DEMON0 and SWRESET. Is my missing that file causing the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess s22 is getting Ai features after Samsung was like ll no just s24