Hardware Quiestion About RLV001 And RLV101 Disk Drive

Urbanhack86

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi! Yesterday ive bought a wii rlv 101 usa (the horizontal black one) also ive a rlv 001 usa model (the white standard). Im not sure but both have internal chip so i supose both can read dvd backups.
The first one, (the black) come with an external dvd reader (LG). The question is why? Ive not tested the disk drive comes with the wii so idk if it is cuz is broken or this model only can read dvd backups from an external dvd drive.

I did in both softmod to play with an external usb hdd and both work fine. This is irrelevant but the question is why one come with an external dvd drive and the other can read dvd copies without one? Maybe im wrong, i never tested it.

Thanks in adv. And sorry for my english.

Last edited by Urbanhack86,

testwiisoftmod

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
wiis work with extrenal hard drive with usb loader gx ,they can read dvd-r backups if they are softmodded and have neogamma installed AND MUST BE BOUGHT AFTER 2010 , but i dont know if u have the extrenal dvd drive , maybe yours wii's dvd drive is broken?

Trophies
XP
Hi! Yesterday ive bought a wii rlv 101 usa (the horizontal black one) also ive a rlv 001 usa model (the white standard). Im not sure but both have internal chip so i supose both can read dvd backups.
The first one, (the black) come with an external dvd reader (LG). The question is why? Ive not tested the disk drive comes with the wii so idk if it is cuz is broken or this model only can read dvd backups from an external dvd drive.

I did in both softmod to play with an external usb hdd and both work fine. This is irrelevant but the question is why one come with an external dvd drive and the other can read dvd copies without one? Maybe im wrong, i never tested it.

Thanks in adv. And sorry for my english.
Here's a response:

On newer Wiis (2008+) the disc drive was changed so that it couldnt read discs.
On the black Wii you have a 2008+ model, so DVD playback isnt supported. This is why the DVD Player is bundled.
On the White Wii, It is not from 2008 and is from 2007 to 2006. The disc drive is NOT changed so it supports DVD playback.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Deleted member 538683,
Reactions: jeannotte

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Not all whites support DVD playback . There's a software called uLoader that might load burned disks from exernal but it never worked for me .

boris1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For newer model (e.g. your black one), the ability to read DVD Recordable has been removed at the DVDROM firmware level. The external LG drive is probably for this purpose. Maybe would you provide the model number of that LG drive?

For older model, it depends, older batch with D2? chip can read DVD Recordable, D3? or later cannot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle