• Views 512,385
  • Replies 3,809
  • Likes 6

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Is there a simple way to append the Title ID (like [GZLE01]) to the folder name? I understand doing this should speed up starting the loader, correct me if I'm wrong. On a similar note, do any of the popular backup loaders offer a simple Everdrive-style menu?

EDIT: Referring specifically to GC games if it wasn't obvious from me using Wind Waker's ID as an example :P

Last edited by roku93,

UserMCSkull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello.:)

That is because your USB Drive is formatted with the WBFS Format.
Not to be confused with WBFS Games Format please.
Please use FAT32 instead.:)

USB HDD - formatted with FAT32
Wi Games - has to be in Folders as WBFS Files.

Thank you.:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You maybe know,you need 2 different USB HDDs for Wii U and Wii Games ? :)
Uh yeah, late reply but I use 2 different USBs for those (a regular USB for Wii games and a harddrive for Wii U games.)

Uh, so am I supposed to format it with the FAT32 to make it work? I'm just really confused, sorry.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Tetsuo2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the best way to load more Wii virtual console games than there are spaces on the main menu?

Ideally I’d like them to not actually install to the home screen and just be able to view them via usb loader gx.

is something like this possible with many virtual console games?

Last edited by Tetsuo2020,

satbunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you only install GC games to the SD card or main memory? I'd like to use my USB hard drive.

I may simply be using an old version of USB Loader GX, or should I change the path in setup to my hard drive (usb2)

I am running USB Loader GX ver 3.0 revision 1260.

Nintendont in attached file.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
87794d212737529295a97fa13318f2d1.jpg

Last edited by satbunny,

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@satbunny You can definitely use a USB drive. Both your USB Loader GX and Nintendont look out of date. Get the latest USB Loader GX from https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/ and get the latest Nintendont from https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont (look under the "Quick Installation" section). So try updating both and then put your "games" folder that has all your Gamecube games on it onto your USB drive and see if it works. Let me know if you have any other problems and I will try and help you out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is the best way to load more Wii virtual console games than there are spaces on the main menu?

Ideally I’d like them to not actually install to the home screen and just be able to view them via usb loader gx.

is something like this possible with many virtual console games?
Was looking through these posts and was wondering if you ever got an answer to your question. If not, let me know and I will help you get set up.

Reactions: satbunny

satbunny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Clutz450 thanks. I will try that when my visitors are gone.

I'd also like to install more games than slots on the screen.

I am enjoying going back to my Wii after many years not really using it.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Mulsiphix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.Talislanta.com
XP
Country
United States
I need to replace my Wii HD. I swear I remember that you didn't want a drive above 1TB. I don't remember for sure and if that was once true, I'm not sure if that limitation has been overcome since 2015 when I last looked into this. Any reason that this 2TB drive wouldn't be a good replacement?

Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD (STGX2000400)

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to replace my Wii HD. I swear I remember that you didn't want a drive above 1TB. I don't remember for sure and if that was once true, I'm not sure if that limitation has been overcome since 2015 when I last looked into this. Any reason that this 2TB drive wouldn't be a good replacement?

Western Digital External drives to me have given the best results. Others with different drive makers have also had good experiences, but others have not, seems like kind of a crap shoot. WD drives seem to not give anyone a hard time.

There are ways to use lager drives (see the link at the bottom of my signature) as long as they are formatted properly. I do not know much about Seagate, but you'll want to make sure to convert it from GPT to MBR, otherwise you'll have issues. Some software will not do it above 2TB, but WD has a program that does, so that is the one I use.

I've used 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB WD MyBooks, I was on a quest to see how large of a drive would work. I held off on the 12TB & 14TB drives waiting for larger 20TBs to finally come out, so I can not tell you if those 12TB or 14TB drives work.

My new drives of choice are the WD Passports. I have a 4TB working just fine, but it only holds 99% of all the Wii & GameCube titles I have, so to get 100% of everything onto one drive I recently purchased a WD 5TB Black to get it all onto it, but have been too busy to get to it, so until this weekend I can not yet confirm the 5TB works.

Links:

-4TB WD Passport Currently using: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQQH86A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-5TB WD Black I'll test out this weekend: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VNTFHD5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by ca032769,
Reactions: jeannotte

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Like the post before me, I have used Western Digital MyBook drives up to 6TB with only one minor issue requiring a work around that I won't go into here. Unrelated to your post but I do know that the specific drive you linked to was the only drive that my PSTV would work with. So if you ever get into modding one of those, that drive would be perfect.

Reactions: ca032769

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hello.
I setup a cIOS emunand installation for a Wii console, using USBLoader GX and I am wondering about two things:
Where does this setup save? On the SD/USB, or internal NAND? (Or, can this actually be toggled in a setting?)
If it does save on the emulated NAND, what, if any, ways do I have to manage, delete etc. the save files?

Already found out. It saves on emunand and saves can be managed with SaveGame Manager GX if emunand folder is set up to it. (after pointing out by default /nands/01/ as Emunand1 in SaveGame Manager GX, scrolling of target list is enabled and Emu1 and EmuMii1 are there.

Also, for cIOS emunand, I already found compatibility list and am working around the games I know are broken. But, generally, is SD or USB recommended over one or another? Is there specific things such as cluster size or whatever that are recommended?
Edit: I think testing by me might indicate SD is more compatible. It is used by default already by USBloader GX and Sonic 4 is reported to be incompatible with my cIOS, yet, the problems that should arise running Sonic 4 Episode 1 do not happen to me.

Also; Do I have to look into creating my own theme if I want to simply hide some elements in USBLoader GX, mainly just free space/games installed numbers in the main menu?
Edit: It is also unclear in current version of USBLoader GX where you should save the themes to. Found some from here on GBAtemp, but cannot choose them. I initially made themes folder inside the application's folder as that seems to be where it saves everything else by default but no cigar...

Thanks beforehand, and you all stay coolsome.

Last edited by Sumea,

Andrew57961

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My wii keeps locking up when I try to boot wii games. I've tried everything, reinstalling cioses, reinstalling usb loader gx, so on. all it does is lock to a black screen. tried 2 different flash drives that work on another one of my wiis.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
My wii keeps locking up when I try to boot wii games. I've tried everything, reinstalling cioses, reinstalling usb loader gx, so on. all it does is lock to a black screen. tried 2 different flash drives that work on another one of my wiis.
try a hard drive, simple and clear said: flashdrives and wii's are a pain to start, sometimes it workes great a few days, sometimes it seems to work flawless, but what works on wii A fails on wii B.

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I agree with @JaapDaniels your problem is the use of a flash drive. Flash drives have historically proven to be inconsistent.

Switch to an external hard drive, like the Western Digital Passport (1, 2, 4, or 5TB) and spend the extra $6 to get a Y-cable to ensure the drive is always getting power.

If you stay with the flash drive I'd recommend SanDisk, but you're still asking for potential problems which are enough to drive anyone crazy. Its' kind of like drugs, keep your sanity and just say no to flash drives.

try a hard drive, simple and clear said: flashdrives and wii's are a pain to start, sometimes it workes great a few days, sometimes it seems to work flawless, but what works on wii A fails on wii B.

I like the quote in your sig!!

Reactions: jeannotte

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with @JaapDaniels your problem is the use of a flash drive. Flash drives have historically proven to be inconsistent.

Switch to an external hard drive, like the Western Digital Passport (1, 2, 4, or 5TB) and spend the extra $6 to get a Y-cable to ensure the drive is always getting power.

If you stay with the flash drive I'd recommend SanDisk, but you're still asking for potential problems which are enough to drive anyone crazy. Its' kind of like drugs, keep your sanity and just say no to flash drives.

I like the quote in your sig!!
thanks dude!

Imaeda

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Question, I have a wii and just foundout that my wii resort disc is not readable anymore, can someone help me with a wbfs?

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a PAL Wii and am using USB Loader GX to successfully play a mixture of EU and USA Wii games from USB hard disk. But I've found a small number of USA exclusive Wii games that won't start:
The Amazing Race, Hollywood Squares, The $1,000,000,000 Pyramid, Family Feud Decades, The Price Is Right Decades, and Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.
I've tried using cIOS 56, 57 and 38. I have tried setting English language, Patching the country strings, Forcing NTSC video, but still they all just give a black screen
Is there any way to get them working on a PAL Wii please?

Last edited by fandango,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...