Question regarding "A Song of Ice and Fire/GOT" and the series

Gruntzer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Hello

i have been watching GOT for quite sometime now and with the season ending that left me .... confused i decided to read the books, to be honest i wish not to start over from the very beginning but i would like to just continue where the show left off or maybe a season or 2 earlier.

Thus my question, should i start by reading A Dance with Dragons or A Feast for Crows .

thank you in-advanced :)

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You can safely skip the first two books, as the show and books stayed pretty in sync through those, but I would start with the third. The third book is where things start to deviate, and by book four, some story lines are moving in pretty different directions when compared to the show. Alternatively, you could start with book one, as the series is well written, and it's interesting reading the story where the Stark children are younger rather than watching the show where they increased ages for a few reasons pertinent to a TV production.

Reactions: Gruntzer

Gruntzer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
You can safely skip the first two books, as the show and books stayed pretty in sync through those, but I would start with the third. The third book is where things start to deviate, and by book four, some story lines are moving in pretty different directions when compared to the show. Alternatively, you could start with book one, as the series is well written, and it's interesting reading the story where the Stark children are younger rather than watching the show where they increased ages for a few reasons pertinent to a TV production.
I'd love to start from the first novel but due to numerous reasons i am reluctant to do so, but i will take you up on your advice and start from the 3rd novel.

thank you :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...